What's new

Who's being slept on?

So i am pretty hooked on this game right now, and i just think some characters have plenty of untapped or overlooked potential. What chars do you guys think that with time as they meta grows they may open our eyes int he right hands?

Brainiac: i know comp. players are exploring this character with recent buffs, PL/ and tekken master's did impress me. I just feel like if played to his potential brainiac may be forcing you to respect 2-3 consecutive dive kicks, and simply constantly pressuring and overwhelming people. He can also cover his wakeups with trait and push you to a distance where he can create even more pressure. His dive kick is extremely dumb. he can be an overwhelming offensive force, but in certain matchups can completely control the footsie game as well.

Doctor Fate - this character is very technical in my opinion - when he's able to play is game his zoning can be dominant we all know, his f2/db2 is a broken footsie tool as well, and i just feel like his potential for offense with his mb orb and trait ankhs can make him a complete character with offense / damage / footsies wakeup etc. his anti-air has improved as well.

maybe its not there maybe it is, i just think he might be slept on.

Starfire - she is new and has a very versatile and complete kit. she's no mmh tho

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Doctor Fate is not overlooked nor downplayed, I personally think he has only 4 bad match ups.

On the other hand, I personally think Ivy is a contender for a major sleeper.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Real talk. I think Cheetah is better than at least 90% of the people playing her will admit to but I'm not certain it's the same as 'being slept on' because pretty much everyone else thinks she's pretty good

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
on the flip side i don't think brainiac is as big a problem because people are just now starting to use em, wait till people get better at fighting him and exploiting his gaps (b12~trait, etc)

definitely good tho, just hope his divekick doesnt get nerfed, his neutral would be kinda ass if it became super punishable 100% of the time no questions asked.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I know red hood isn't really slept on exactly, but I feel people don't understand just how good he is though. He makes a lot of characters play very awkwardly.

He's essentially become my main at this point

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Green Arrow is the biggest one for sure IMO, like... Right now he seems extremely strong, would love to see a match-up chart of that character from the best Arrow players.

Wonder Woman has been a sleeper since the last patch but right now she is better not because the changes were that big for her but because other characters got nerfed while she got even better.

Blue Beetle since I see people saying he is bottom 5... Not really!

So i am pretty hooked on this game right now, and i just think some characters have plenty of untapped or overlooked potential. What chars do you guys think that with time as they meta grows they may open our eyes int he right hands?

Brainiac: i know comp. players are exploring this character with recent buffs, PL/ and tekken master's did impress me. I just feel like if played to his potential brainiac may be forcing you to respect 2-3 consecutive dive kicks, and simply constantly pressuring and overwhelming people. He can also cover his wakeups with trait and push you to a distance where he can create even more pressure. His dive kick is extremely dumb. he can be an overwhelming offensive force, but in certain matchups can completely control the footsie game as well.

Doctor Fate - this character is very technical in my opinion - when he's able to play is game his zoning can be dominant we all know, his f2/db2 is a broken footsie tool as well, and i just feel like his potential for offense with his mb orb and trait ankhs can make him a complete character with offense / damage / footsies wakeup etc. his anti-air has improved as well.

maybe its not there maybe it is, i just think he might be slept on.

Starfire - she is new and has a very versatile and complete kit. she's no mmh tho
back to back divekicks or df1s are never guaranteed with brainiac just mb b3 them if they try that. in fact anytime they go for a 50 without trait you can almost always punish with mb b3 or f3. same with full screen leaps

My response to the question is Darkseid, free