What's new

Question Who would be interested in helping me set up a "Ultimate Nightwing Tutorial"

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I've been working on a some ideas for a new Nightwing tutorial for a while now. I'll probably be finishing that within the next month or so.

I'm free to help out it you guys need me too. Just let me know what you need.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Sajam well if u wanna be a part of the meetings we will have to discuss how were gonna form this that'd be awesome if not that'd be cool. Oh yeah, learned how to reverse wake ups midscreen :p lol

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I take full credit for guamo being good in staffmode. He didnt know anything till i broke down how the character should be played (i.e. d1 alot)

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
Back on topic, this guide needs to come out asap. My head hurts trying to go through all the nightwing threads trying to find useful tech and combos

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Back on topic, this guide needs to come out asap. My head hurts trying to go through all the nightwing threads trying to find useful tech and combos

Just took delivery on my Avermedia Portable. I'll have something out within the next few days.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I'll have my own creation done this weekend or so probably. Trying to do one video each for escrima, staff, and one for setups.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Just took a look at my syllabus. I have two books to read, 3 essays to write, a midterm (Thurs) and a final all within the next 3 weeks.

Never take English 1B during summer school. Where did all this work come from?!

Looks like it may take a bit longer than expected.

I didn't even practice today. :(

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Hype about this, been meaning to learn nightwing, staff mode is so fun even if i can only do that one combo. Waiting on this.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Prolly goin to start filming tomorrow. If any of you NWs have some input Ud want to cover, or have me cover. Let me know.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
As all of us Dick players know, Nightwing is not a character that is easy to learn and truely be skilled with. He takes time and effort to really play him well in EVERY match up. Some match ups prefer escrima, some staff, and some both. I notice a lot of newer nightwings never play outside of staff, or escrima. They lack proper combos, set ups and actual tech. I myself do not claim to be the best with Nightwing (tho I do believe I am quite good), but I do pride myself in having proper knowledge of the character. So I had an idea.

There are plenty nightwing "tutorial videos", but a lot of them lack any true knowledge w the character besides combos and maybe a few set ups. None have any excerpts from actual match footage and I always seem to find myself never ACTUALLY learning anything. I ask myself the same questions time and time again "how does he expect us to actually begin this combo w f213?" "Who gets hit with ji2 without a proper set up?"

This is where the true Nightwing players come in. I want to create a tutorial video that covers match ups, spacing, footsies, frame traps, combos, set ups, pressure, tech, the WHOLE NINE. Of course I have my own set ups and tech i don't mind showing people, and I'm sure you guys do too. With your guys help, we can make a video like this possible. Recording it will be no problem, HD and all that good stuff. What I need is input from other skilled nightwing players. Whether it be in form of text or video, any input to help create this would be greatly appreciated. please let me know through this thread or contacting me on xbl.

Gt: Prycemonsta
This sounds great. I'm starting a Nightwing Punishment Guide atm(started today). Send me all the info you guys have and I'll get to recording. Will be editing it and whatnot so its presentable so it may take a little time(a week tops per segment, each segment I'm aiming for roughly 20 min). I'm starting with GL currently, then I'll leave up to you to decide who follows

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I was waiting for the patch, and now that I know the changes I'll be pushing to get my tutorial out around the time it drops.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
thank you, I have been watching your videos to get down basics but I still havent made the plunge of using him in tournament yet. I think he will compliment my catwoman quite well.