What's new

Question Who watched Murk vs Cowboy last night?

Why did the Monkey roll in the leaves? (Select multiple)

• Because the MU is 5-5 or NW wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Can we give @EMPR_MURK some props for a clinic in the Sinestro MU? @AK Pig Of The Hut will post up video soon but in the meantime I thought it would be good to talk about it.

I still think its 6-4 Sinestro Favor but perhaps Murk could give his 2 cents on how he approached it.

@WoundCowboy is still the best Sinestro hands down and should be given another shot
@GGA 16 Bit always said NW was good. (So did I) But are all the NW players on blast? The stream chat last night seemed to think so.
@FOREVER ELITE said the MU was 5-5 yet got beat 5-0 by Cowboy the weekend before. He should be given another shot.
Should @AK L0rdoftheFLY try his luck? or let KIT speak for him?

Last edited:
I'd say it's 6-4 sinestro, MAYBE 5-5. It really comes down to the first few seconds of the match. If either of them gets meter advantage or any momentum, it's usually over. Not a fun MU.
a lot of matchups are like this, it's most likely(definetly) 6-4 sinestro, Murk is just very good. Sometimes i think Murk claims MUs ar ea certain way because he has such a good understanding and he knows he plays it best. He just played an excellent set and was able to get momentum.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Murk beat cowboy 5-3 in the set.

It was a very very good set.

This matchup IMO is 6-4 Sinestro favor. Mad props to murk for winning. Cowboy could still win on any given day though(obviously)
Oh thanks. I think it's 6-4 Sinestro too, props to Murk.

Although murk played absolutely AMAZING last night, there were two matches that came down to the wire, and relied on a do or die moment based on a single read. Wound cowboy kept it close and could have easily won. Then again...

I was in the stream chat, and I don't think everyone else felt that all nightwing players are on blast, I just remember Pig of the Hut saying that then saying "that's the rant for the night"

One match up doesn't determine the entire character, but murk sure as hell knows it. If he thinks it's 5-5 or in anyones favor, I would take his word for it. he knows when nightwing has to make what reads when, when nightwing can move/ground spark/ground pound/MB B3. It was amazing seeing that match between two great players.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
a lot of matchups are like this, it's most likely(definetly) 6-4 sinestro, Murk is just very good. Sometimes i think Murk claims MUs ar ea certain way because he has such a good understanding and he knows he plays it best. He just played an excellent set and was able to get momentum.
He's really good. He plays the character practically every day.

The sinestro mu using NW is very intense. I honestly think the mu is 6-4 sinestros favor. Im not good at explaining this but im willing to answer any questions if you guys have any.
I will say this tho; once NW is in staff, he has to take a risk just to get back into escrima and it sucks.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
@EMPR_MURK I have a question for you: how do you know/decide when to use MB ground spark in escrima? I pretty much never use the MB for that move, but you were using it quite effectively. What do you do if they are hit with it? What do you do if they block it?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
NW does well against the top tier except ZOD

He had an answer where many have said he has none

@NightwingDayZero

NW is a great character who is probably top 10-15

What's his losing MUs?

4-6
Sinestro
ZOD
Superman
Batman
Cyborg

5-5
Aqua
MMH
Bane

Beats
Shazam
Lobo
Arrow
The shitters

A 4-6 doesn't mean unwinnable it just means you have to be a better player and play a little better than your opponent. Seems like many have up on NW way too early because he required more. NW is fine

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I think that Murk understood the zoning game more than Cowboy, and I feel that perhaps Cowboy could have been more risky with just throwing out shackles to catch any attempts to zone by Murk.