What's new

Question Who wants to help judge my Bane?

Alright guys, the time has come for me to level up like crazy. So i submit my gameplay to you guys to pick it apart (even more than i already have myself) and give me any advice and point out my mistakes and what i did right.

Have at it, boys. Please be gentle.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Haven't had time to watch a lot of it, but from what I've seen you're really solid in the neutral. Only advice I have so far is to be a bit more aggressive when you score a knockdown. But that's more personal preference. You're looking good, man.

Haven't had time to watch a lot of it, but from what I've seen you're really solid in the neutral. Only advice I have so far is to be a bit more aggressive when you score a knockdown. But that's more personal preference. You're looking good, man.
Yea, I gave up pressure a lot on knock down. I am way too afraid of that Staff Spin.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
First match - the hell, you trying to start a trust fund? Use that meter! Also throw the interactables, you could've won that match easily if you'd bothered to toss the orb sooner, or punch the wall after that charge knockdown.

Second match - Good start, but it fell apart quickly. After EX seismo, mash out some armor otherwise you'll get locked. Also ffs use that meter!

Third match - What a landslide. He used flip kick on most of the wake-ups, punish the damn thing. You know you can VU him out of it, or do a meaty DP and avoid it for a free punish. Never use j.d.3 as a jump-in, use it as a cross-up. j.2 and j.3 are the far better options. Also, stop charging from 3/4 screen, you'll never catch him with it.

Fourth match - Not bad for a start, use your normal throw more. Its only 10 frames. Rest of the match wasn't too bad, just work on punishing that flip kick. Also, don't be afraid to mix in some b.2xxBP in there.

Fifth match - YOOOOOOO dat C.G.N.T. making a showing. If that life bar is so close to ending, pop that MB off the DP. You can just get the meter back soon after. b.23 -> Super. Do it, don't be fancy. Nice ending, but you are lucky the nightwing doesn't abuse the fact that we can't stop wing dings.

Sixth Match - Very nice, good pokes, you managed to bait out the flip kick and get some healthy damage. Good ending, but once again don't be afraid to burn some meter to really cap out that damage. Also, try to use double punch more than VU on wake-up

Seventh match - Dat b.23 fast stand tech. Also your dash-> BP is very very smooth. I praise you on that. Very nice match til the last hit, you played very well and that was a brilliant bait on the ending flip kick. Just be mindful of that EX seismo.

Eigth match - Man you are lucky he didn't punish that upper. Lots of ender drops, but solid plays nonetheless. Let him out of the corner, eh... Also dropped a bit of pressure. Good ending, you are making good trades on damage but I feel like it could be better. Finally used some meter, good enough for me. :p

Ninth match - That was a time where MBing the body press would've been a great move. Used the grab in the neutral game, which is great. The match falls apart a little but you had a good shot.

OutlawNightmare
You played very well, but the Nightwing was average and didn't abuse the biggest asset he has, being the wing dings. Still, you did great and I only have a few suggestions in general for your Bane.

1. Don't be so conservative with your meter. There were matches that could've been won if you'd used it. If you have 3 bars, make it a habit to use at least 1 of those bars in the course of your combos, and only stock in 4 if you have no other option.MB b.3 is great on Bane because of its reach, use it sometime.

2. Body press is beautiful, keep up the good work and don't be afraid to link it from more than just d.2. You used a lot of b.2 in there, and b.2xxBP is a tick throw, so add that into the mix to really mess with people.

3. Keep it simple. I saw you go for fancy stuff, you don't need to. Keep it steady and save the swag for combo videos.

4. j.3 and j.2. You used some j.2, don't neglect j.3. Also, don't be afraid to buffer in BP out of your jumps as all of them tick into it. j.3 lands on hit and block too. Also, learn your interactables and when to use them, on metro you could've linked the truck mini-turret off of your DP and snagged a free b.3 combo.

5. Use more normal throw in the neutral game. Its a free 11-16% damage, unblockable, 10 frames, and you can pressure into it. You have a godlike dash, there should be no reason to neglect this great option, ESPECIALLY when you can buffer BP out of a throw break.

Outside of that, your venom management was pretty solid and for the most part you kept yourself in the best zone. Barring a few mistakes, I'd say your Bane is pretty awesome and I don't really have much to say about it outside of keep practicing and don't be afraid to ask anyone for advice or help.

Doombawkz I will be watching my own video soon and taking your notes into consideration to further solidify them into my game plan.

I will post a new video sometime next week to (hopefully) show improvement.

Well Doom is always the most detailed. Honestly when he's in Escrima don't be afraid to pop up a bit higher venom. As well, it's awesome how we can sit on meter, but abuse it. There's probably 3 or 4 bars a game you're losing but not meterburning anything. DP MB can cause some great mixups, as well as body press, the MB eats almost the entire venom debuff. Even as a round ender it's awesome, like in the second match you coulda had debuff gone by the time 2nd health bar started. Only got to watch a couple, but overall pretty solid.

Personally I play aggressive as hell on knockdown, but we all have preferences.

The one thing I would say is, use your meter! Mainly after the bull charge, I mean you use venom to get in you might as well take the extra damage and do the second hit after the charge. Otherwise I would say your Bane is pretty solid, good stuff.

On a side note, Nightwing is a bullshit character lol just saying. Staff stance way to good.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
First off nice bane bro, I like seeing a bane body press kids online! I feel like what I am going to say might have been said, but regardless my bane two cents.

1. Double Punch, Double Punch, Double Punch. After a blocked d1 double punch, after a blocked b23 double punch. As long as DP remains 0 on block banes should be using that to turn everything they do into a neutral state. Bane with trait pretty much beats everyone in the game in a neutral state so you want to be in that position as much as possible

2. Push block is as important as double punch. The whole situation starting with NW poke pressure at 4:09 and the corner pressure at 4:19 could all have been avoided if you push blocked. In my honest opinions at levels 2+3 debuff bane becomes an almost unplayable character because of his mobility and string speed debuff and the risk involved with the damage increase your opponents get. Your best options is those situations are to push block on the first blocked hit you can get. His body splash is also quite the defensive tool after a push block, but mainly the push block needs to be used. Bane requires no meter to do his damage to use it all on pushblock, for positioning when going on debuff, and for a super combo if you can land a b2 with 4 bars(also obviously clash if you have to).

3.Know your set up and dont be in a rush. Your use of the option select was great, but you missed out on damage, positioning, and put yourself in place to be punished when you would wiff a double punch immediately after the set up instead of going for the cross up f3 or waiting for a punishable wake up. Double punches on wake up should always come out as late as possible anyway so you never connect on the invincible frames of a wake up attack. Be A calm bane and pressure forth.

4. Use yourself as bait if you arent going to pressure, always dash after double punch. If an opponent has anything you respect or you just want to bait out a special attack that not safe then dont just stand there and block. After landing a double punch you can dash and cancel your dash mid way(because bane is awesome)into another special right, so this means you can also dash up and then dash back instead of doing another special move. By always dashing after a double punch to continue your wake up pressure you leave an impression on the opponent that you will always be doing something aggressive after a knockdown. A great example is the the batgirl MU. You can hit the cartwheel on a certain frame, but getting that isnt consistent so its best to respect it and whiff punish it. You double punch BG being silly and doing a string in the neutral game, then dash up to her faking continuous pressure. You stop halfway through your dash and back dash because you read wake up cartwheel. BG whiffs right in front of you and you full combo punish with b2 ending in body press or super. This same thing could have been done to NW flip kick and staff spin in this MU.

5. Less raw charges and more charges on set ups. I saw a lot of raw charges, which isnt bad, but its something that can eeeeeeeasily be punished on whiff. If you try to keep your charges down to when your in a combo(the only time I would use charge in a combo is in the corner and after 113 for the cross up and cross over set up respectively. Just know that if they do block the cross up charge its heavily punishable), when you absolutely have to charge to avoid death, and in set ups where they cant jump it and must block then you will have a much higher success rate. The charge can be a great tool to chip someone out, but it can reeeeally hurt you if abused.

6. NT moar. Dooms already said it. Its massive, gotta nt

7. Use the body splash moar. In my personal experience body splash is banes greatest air move. Its hitbox is godlike, NJ body splash saves me on debuff everyday, on hit it links into anything bane could want to do, If you touch them at its max range you beat out lex's 6 frame corpse reversal with a linked double punch. I think some of the other bane players have a different opinion on body splash, but I think that button is just great. Use it.

Overall good bane play, but I feel if you work on these things you will have GREAT bane play. Most specifically push blocking would increase your game sooooo much. I want to commend your use of the d2 option select. Especially in the corner, you really put heavy body press pressure on in the corner. As bane players we want our opponent to block so we can remain neutral and body press, but once they are afraid to block our armor just eats them up, great show. Also nice foot checks with d1, you always led into the frame trap on hit as well. Id like to see you try out instant body presses after blocked double punches. As long as you have quick hands they are really really devastating and will make your opponent not only fear blocking, but respect your game after a blocked double punch.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I'm poor in terms of motivation. I'd rather just beat people and have my name passed down in legend.
TBH even if you didnt play a good bane you still have excellent understanding of the character and the concepts that make him great, therefore your analysis of gameplay should be taken seriously and discussed no matter the player. Theory fighting is quite important, and beneficial when you ideally want to make your opponent play the game of Bane not the game of Injustice.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Thanks but no, I'm just a casual scrub upplayer most people would trade for RYX if they had a chance.