Does anyone outzone kabal?

• Yes A few people

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
me and my friend were argueing about it and i wanted to see what the real deal is...

i think lui kang , reptile , possibly sindel / shang ?

i know none of them beat him, but zoning wise making kabal go in

@xSMoKEx @REO
@DetroitBalln @daddydab32ho
@CURBOLICOUS
Reptile sorta. If you are good at throwing the buzzsaws out at the right times and sweeping under forceball then you puts one him. Liu is different but you can't still out zone him. Sindel can't. Only character is prolly Freddy because his.ground spike can duck iagb and so does nightmare stance. Shang can't either.

SO kabal has to play his zoning game different vs Liu reptile and Freddy. Everyone else he can just sit back and out zone

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Doing shadow kick to start the round can be punished with an 80+% combo. I may be crazy, but I consider that to be a risk. Any good Smoke needs to know that Cage wants to get the life lead in the MU and the shadow kick is probably the laziest and MOST expected way to do it. What else un-expected can he do that is a fast move like a shadow kick that can grab a quick life lead? Yes jumping is suicide, and refusing to jump is fine...and it is easy to get in with Cage but it presents other options that Smoke can react to in the footsie game like smoke away into smoke bomb to catch whiffed normals, d4 to start pressure. Cage's pressure locks Smoke down completely, but I think you are the one downplaying the MU in terms of what options Smoke has. There are still plenty of opportunities to get damage, but Smoke can obviously not pressure Cage for very long.
it was just an example of a life lead and u can d4 all u want ... go hit a d4 into pressure vs a cage that will just ex nut punch u after your d4 (yes they can do that)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
it was just an example of a life lead and u can d4 all u want ... go hit a d4 into pressure vs a cage that will just ex nut punch u after your d4 (yes they can do that)
Not on a well spaced D4 that I am not doing anything off of. You would just be using a bar to be minus 1 bajillion, and get hit by B23. I would call that a risk as well. Going into straight up ex nut punch off Smoke's D4 is a yolo tactic.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Imo Kabal zoning can be a real pain in the ass for most of the cast outside Freddie and a few other's. I mained sub, night wolf so I can't answer this heh.
But I am no pro to give a whole reason as to why. I will say I miss MK9 threads like this :)