What's new

Who is your top 10 players/personality in MK ? and why ?

Just wanted to bring some positivism and give a chance to say nice things about pros that might go through hard stuff right now.
So give your top 10 pro list.

mine. (this is not in order they all top tier for me) i only know hayatei in person from this list but ive been on streams and watching those guys since mk9 days. i feel like the MK community have some of the best pros from all community.

1- Hayatei : one of the coolest dude and down to earth guy that i met from gaming. met him in my first mkx local and of course i got destroyed but ive learn from that experience. also im a fan dont tell him.

2- Tyrant : not only a jax god but legit the reason why i started playing fighting games its because of him and his mirror match against cdjr.

3- REO : just a funny dude and chill guy, one of the great and is humble as fuck. I have huge respect for REO and the works he puts in with videos etc...

4- Splash : Humble nice and always willing to help casuals to learn. i remember one day i asked for a lao combo he went in practice mode and though me how to do it just like that even though he had like 200 viewers.

5- BeyondToxin : young upcoming legend just like Splash and Deoxys , his noob saibot is hype as fuck.

6- Deoxys : i just think Deoxys is just too funny man this kid crack me up. Also one of the strongest pro currently in mk11.

8- Kitanaprime : everyone likes kp, if you dont you are dead to me. also want of the most passionate man in the scene and top tier elite commentator.

9- CGL Tweedy : hes the people champ , i really think we need more pros like Tweedy he brings hype and he speaks how he feels. much respect.

10- MK Tombrady : when tom his in a good place hes one of the best commentator in my opinion with his knowledge and passion he as for the games.

to all i wish you guys the best and stay safe dont be stupid and wake up jump. :)

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Not sure about the top 10 but I am a big fan of SonicFox. By far my favorite MK player. Say what you want about the dude but he is DOMINATING in any game he plays (except SFV maybe) while having fun. I still watch his 13-0 (FT10) match agains PL from time to time, it never gets old.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Not sure about the top 10 but I am a big fan of SonicFox. By far my favorite MK player. Say what you want about the dude but he is DOMINATING in any game he plays (except SFV maybe) while having fun. I still watch his 13-0 (FT10) match agains PL from time to time, it never gets old.
"Him"

1. Biohazard
  2. A Foxy Grampa
  3. Ketchup/Mustard
  4. Tom Brady
Basically everything else is who's playing my mains/subs

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
  1. Mr. Aquaman, hands down. My mustachioed hero.
  2. Hayatai
  3. Infiltration
  4. Justin Wong
  5. Snake Eyes
  6. Biohazard and Honeybee
  7. Ketchup/Mustard
  8. Daigo Umehara
  9. Tokido
  10. Scar
Besides #1 the rest aren't in any order. It's not about even how much they've won over the years, my people have intangibles.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
  1. Biohazard. He is easily the best I've seen at integrating flawless blocks at the most insane level. It's frightening
  2. Semiij. Calm, calculated, smart, efficient. All around great player and always a treat to watch.
  3. Dragon. Dude has been a Cetrion loyalist since release and is the ONLY one hitting top 8s with her. His Cetrion is one of my top favorite things to watch cause his spacing is immaculate.
  4. Ketchup/Mustard. The pinnacle of MK YouTube content AND NRS connections AND pro game commentating.
  5. SonicFox. His ability to hop between characters yet still keep the same level of expertise is astonishing.
  6. NinjaKilla. Dude's just a fucking beast.
  7. REO. Insightful, has one of my favorite YouTube series ever talking about MK9, and is just an awesome guy from what I've seen.
  8. Kitana Prime. The chillest of the chill and a fellow man of class and taste being a Jade/Kitana lover.
  9. Honeybee. A fellow D'Vorah lover (though not so much in 11) with regular stream / YT content. Another down to earth and chill dude.
  10. Oscar Broly. I still go back to watch his MK9 Sindel matches regularly. Beautiful work.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Kitana Prime-I am a regular on his twitch which is an incredibly fun place to hang out. Great since of humor, fun commentator. Really good guy overall, can't say enough nice things about KP.

Aquaman-Super fun to watch and listen to. Gave me a shot at him on one of his nightly, I got bodied but had a great time. Love the mustache of course.

MagicTea-Not a professional but a good man, and I enjoy popping into his twitch because he's from Latvia and it's neat to watch a player from so far away. Always been polite to me.

Shujinkydink-Zoning hero and done a lot of work for the community in the form of guides and so forth.

Biohazard-Mains grapplers, which I love watching.

Infinitii-Beautiful cosplayer and damn sure can back it up with great play. Very fun lady.

Dragon-My favorite professional player. When Dragon is on he is a Jedi. Just needs to get past the SonicFox Kryptonite, but don't we all?

and lastly,

I really love watching DetroitBallin's Shang in MK9.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Kitana Prime-I am a regular on his twitch which is an incredibly fun place to hang out. Great since of humor, fun commentator. Really good guy overall, can't say enough nice things about KP.

Aquaman-Super fun to watch and listen to. Gave me a shot at him on one of his nightly, I got bodied but had a great time. Love the mustache of course.

MagicTea-Not a professional but a good man, and I enjoy popping into his twitch because he's from Latvia and it's neat to watch a player from so far away. Always been polite to me.

Shujinkydink-Zoning hero and done a lot of work for the community in the form of guides and so forth.

Biohazard-Mains grapplers, which I love watching.

Infinitii-Beautiful cosplayer and damn sure can back it up with great play. Very fun lady.

Dragon-My favorite professional player. When Dragon is on he is a Jedi. Just needs to get past the SonicFox Kryptonite, but don't we all?

and lastly,

I really love watching DetroitBallin's Shang in MK9.
One of these people is a professional player, and it's Dragon. Everyone else are amateur players/personalities.

Slymind

Noob
No particular order:

Mr. Aquaman
Biohazard
Kitana Prime
DJT
Ninjakilla
BigD
Semij
Mustard
Ketchup
VGY

Technically some of them are not pros because they might not live to compete, but as far a competitve players go, that's my list

@edit
I know it's ten, but i gotta mention Raptor as well, one of the greatest talents i've seen.

Last edited:

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
One of these people is a professional player, and it's Dragon. Everyone else are amateur players/personalities.
You do nothing but defend the game and NRS in every way possible, but when someone asks who everyone’s favorite pro players are, whether it be current, past, YouTube creators, etc. you dip well into semantics and denounce people’s lists. lol.

Take a seat. These people create the scene we all love to watch and be involved with. You do nothing but moderate a forum.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
You do nothing but defend the game and NRS in every way possible, but when someone asks who everyone’s favorite pro players are, whether it be current, past, YouTube creators, etc. you dip well into semantics and denounce people’s lists. lol.

Take a seat. These people create the scene we all love to watch and be involved with. You do nothing but moderate a forum.
Hmm.. That seems pretty targeted. Also, I've done a lot more than moderate -- but if you don't know, I'm not going to press it.

Maybe the thread should just be called "who are everyone's favorite players?" I'm just pointing out that the word "pro" is thrown around in a lot of cases where it actually doesn't apply.

Being an actual pro (like Sonic, Dragon, etc) is something pretty special for the guys who've managed to achieve it. @AREZ God of War nailed it.

Hmm.. That seems pretty targeted. Also, I've done a lot more than moderate -- but if you don't know, I'm not going to press it.

Maybe the thread should just be called "who are everyone's favorite players?" I'm just pointing out that the word "pro" is thrown around in a lot of cases where it actually doesn't apply.

Being an actual pro (like Sonic, Dragon, etc) is something pretty special for the guys who've managed to achieve it.
Done i changed the tittle , now please everyone chill.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Definitely mad respect to K&M! They contribute a lot to the community and provide very entertaining commentary. Meta videos are very pleasant to watch. Wish they had more subs unlike people like Uncaged/Super/Destiny— fake news

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't have a favorite per say (at least in the MK competitive scene). I respect and admire all the pros, but in tournaments I tend to root for the ones who use less preferred MK characters or those who ensure a greater character diversity in the tournament.

For example, if 25 pros use Sonya and 5 others use various characters, I'm rooting for the 5 because I don't want the tournament to be a Sonya vs Sonya fuckfest.

I also root for players who use my fave MK characters.
I really rooted for Tweedy back when he was using Baraka, but now he's using numerous others so when he's using Geras I'm like 'meh'. I also rooted for HoneyBee when he was a Noob Saibot player, but he seems to have dropped him as well. If Havik gets released and SonicFox mains him … I'll lose my fucking mind.

Oh, I also root for Nivek because he's the only Greek pro MK player I know.

Surprisingly, in Dragon Ball FighterZ (the only other fighting game I watch tournaments of) I found myself rooting for Goichi even though I didn't really like his teams in Seasons 1 and 2. Guy's an amazing player and a really humble and nice person to boot. I also love what Tachikawa does with Frieza.

Last edited:

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
In no particular order:

DJT- First pro player I heard about because I liked Cyrax in mk9
DaddyDab- LITERALLY lives around the corner from me so I gotta represent
SonicFox- Won the first tournament I watched which was the opening one for mkx
Rewind- I learned a lot from Rewind by just watching him
Gunshow- Firestorm God which happens to be my favorite NRS character of all time
MIT- He was in the finals in that first tournament against Sonic, I was really impressed
KitanaPrime- Probably my favorite "personality" in the scene
Grr- Always great gameplay and seems very humble
Knomad- Enlightened me and made me want to really learn frame data and all that
NinjaKilla- I didn't know who to put in my 10th spot so I went w NinjaKilla just because he understands shit on a whole other level that I don't comprehend yet

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Mine:

SONIC FOX
Goes without saying, but this kid has been electrifying since the very first game they played competitively. Always has something interesting in store, has a style that's completely different from most other players, and they usually have unconventional character picks that fit their style or current objectives. They seem to always hit or pull out a 5th gear when his back is against the wall. And somehow they do this while competing at the top level in other games. It's insane and pretty legendary. Besides being a tech monster and a lab scientist who isn't afraid to push the envelope and expand our grasp of what's possible in a game. And one of the true masters of mid-set adjustment.

I met them at Defend the North and Sonic was also completely cool, which says something given their level of success. It seems like they genuinely wants to see other people enjoy themselves. They often give advice even right after they win sets. It's just cool to see the almost child-like joy they bring to every aspect of competition. And props to them for being themself no matter what the situation. I'm pretty sure that this boldness has helped inspire others as well.

DRAGON
I'd like to think that Dragon, along with Scar, singlehandedly raised the bar for fundamentals in our scene. Scar was one of the first people to consistenly give Sonic a run for his money, during MKX. But once Dragon hit his stride, he's been consistently great in all 3 games (MKX, INJ2, MK11), and at times in Injustice 2 was the best player in our scene. His command of neutral, his unending patience, willingness to play lame, but still surprise you with unexpected aggressive jabs.. He's a perfectly balanced player, and I learn something every time I watch him play.

PIG OF THE HUT
One of the things our old scene had was a large amount of hype and camraderie. The players were exciting in game, but also outside of the game -- and Pig is no exception to that. Win or lose, you knew you were getting a show, and he was willing to work as hard as he needed to to come out in second place. Although he may have frequently been a bridesmaid, he was the maybe most energetic and passionate member of our early scene. And his grinding, including the run that got him into runner up at EVO in Injustice, is a model for lots of aspiring players to follow.

Through being part of a Skype group that we had with 16 Bit, Woundcowboy, Pig, Ducky, Whiteboi, Hippo, and a few others, I was around to see how Pig trained, picked partners for sets, dealt with MUs that were giving him trouble (usually with a lot of cursing and complaining first, haha), etc. And I learned some things from that. He was one of the few members of the 'old guard' to have some success in MKX (ESL). And he's become a great friend.

A FOXY GRAMPA
It goes without saying, but Foxy has one of the more unique personalities in our scene. He's always been a good player, and he has the ability to back his words up with gameplay in every game since MK9. He's not afraid to be unconventional (even his nickname is outside the box), and be a heel -- but he does it without being an asshole, and he brings a sense of humor and love of competition that is fun to behold.

Around MKX, Foxy really started pushing the level of what he was able to do, and he's one of a select people (including Scar, Dragon, and Tekken Master) who can say they kept Sonic on his toes and forced him to level up. That's cool. He was also the key person in really putting Europe on the map, and being kind of an emotional ringleader for their scene. He's always been active and selfless in giving props to other players in his scene, and that's pretty cool to. Not to mention that he's a class act in interviews and conducts himself like a professional. All in all, Foxy is the kind of guy you want to have in your scene.

NINJAKILLA
How can you not like this kid. I mean, the way he entered the scene, turning himself to a monster in MKX, getting a ton of skeptical responses for peaking late in the online life of the game, and backing it up completely in MK11, destroying seasoned players in his first few offline competitive events.. His talent is scary, and he labs the games thoroughly enough to back it up at every turn.

Ninja is one of the models for what can be done in any game he plays, and his display of flawless blocking, an aggressive yet intelligent neutral where he is making some of the better decisions at every turn.. He is exciting to watch every single time. And the way that he plays Liu Kang mirrors the agility and back-and-forth deftness of an actual martial artist. If he's this good already, I can only imagine what the future will bring.. And for the first time, we have a legitimate top-level threat to the domination of Sonic Fox. Their rivalry is a ton of fun to watch and you never know what'll happen.

DJT
True to the legend of his Weekend at Bernie's meme, through the years DJT somehow always finds a way to come back from the metaphorical dead. Just when you think he might be out for the count, he brings his signature brand of extreme patience with scary fundamentals back with a vengeance. DJT is player who almost never seems scared, and has always been willing to face down the best players in our scene with a kind of cool steely composure. And he labs and figures things out in spaces where other people would normally just complain.

In addition to this, DJT is one of the funniest and most charismatic/memorable people we've had in our scene. He has so many comments and non sequiturs that are so hilarious, that someone somewhere will always be repeating a line he said or a community meme he started. The promo of him introducing the players for the ESL Pro Series is the perfect example of the kind of energy he brings.

GRR
Throughout the years I've seen Grr morph from a fearless (and some might say reckless) player with a penchant for unbridled offense, into an extremely well-rounded competitor who has a strong grasp of defensive fundamentals, neutral, and MU knowledge. He plays with the kind of energy and intensity that is never not fun to watch. But also a kind of creativity that leads to finding out-of-the-box solutions to situations he finds himself in. And as of late, he's been tearing it up in MK11 locally and online.

After seeing the 'Crazy Bane'-era Grr (and crazy Ferra Torr, who was basically Bane in MKX), and then the Injustice 2 interactibles master Grr, and now the MK11 fundamentals and lame-but-interesting defensive play Grr, I think the future is bright for him as long as he keeps competiting. I root for him a lot.

KOMBAT
I wasn't really familiar with Kombat before recently, but it's hard not to be impressed by the way he sometimes makes even great players look pedestrian. He has a razor-sharp sense of timing, and he plays with a speed that impressive to say the least. When he gets on a roll, he's incredibly hard to stop, and basically loses to only the best of the best that we have. It's always fun to watch him play and I'm looking forward to more.

BIG D
Heart -- he has it in spades. Another one of the very few 'old guard' players who has found success in recent games, mainly through his logical and efficient way of breaking down and practicing the titles he plays. Also he has the kind of personality that makes people gravitate to him, and that's cool. Down to see him playing or commentating whenever, and he brings consistent hype either way.

MAXTER
I miss this dude. His sense of family and clan, the bravado he brought, and his willingness to drop challenges to whoever and try to back them up. It was always fun to watch him compete.

DIZZY
One of the first players to truly show the power of minute fundamentals in our scene. His mastery over the little things, and his character loyalty (for most of MK9, anyway) made him one of my favorite players to watch in MK9. And his Combo Breaker stint in MKX showed that he still had it in spades.

With the level of knowledge he would accumulate in every game, and his deep understanding of how the pieces of the meta fit together, it's no surprise that he's a game designer at the company now. Although I miss seeing him compete, I think it's pretty cool to have someone like that working on the games.

Honorable mentions: SEMIJ, RAPTOR, GROSS, BIOHAZARD, THEO, TWEEDY, 16 BIT

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I'm surprised @Tom Brady didn't get a bevy of mentions. This is top 10 personalities, not top 10 tourney players I wish to be besties with.

Dude is an MK Icon for better or worse. When the fanbase is on average 70yrs old looking back at playing vidya games as wee lads, nobody is going to remember "Goody2Shoes4UXOXO." Brady's the Hollywood Hogan of this e-sport. When the NRS Community has him stand up next to a mountain, he chops it down with the edge of his hand. Throw this cat on a podcast to talk about the state of the game, I'll be tuning in to hear his take. All the top current crop of players that can mop 99.99999%, are unfortunately bland and boring.

Idgaf how nice someone is behind the scenes. That's not going to incentivize me to spend an afternoon tuning into a tourney to watch said besties square off.

Personalities that get me to watch and be invested in their tourney matches or listen to what tf they have to say whether I agree or disagree.

Tom Brady
Reo
Perfect Legend
Tweedy (Biggest modern day ratings grabber)
Pig of the Hut
Player of Said Ilk

Besties = Bathroom Break