• Goro

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Kintaro

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Blade4693

VIVIVI
First we have Goro...

The game states he has been the undefeated champ for 500 years!

Then we have Kintaro...

This game states he is stronger and more agile than his predecessor (Goro)

So while you are probably thinking why bother asking this at all when the game states it right there in Kintaro's bio but Goro was the one who was the undefeated champ for 500 years, you would think if Kintaro was stronger he would have been the undefeated MK champ to hold the title down and keep winning for Shao Kahn...So what do you think?

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Dang Kintaro is taking a nice lead. If he is so much stronger I wonder why he wasn't the champion. Maybe Shao Kahn wanted him at his side rather than being the MK champ.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Really? Was that in the comics? I do faintly remember her being the leader but did she actually best him in kombat?
I definitely recall it being a trial of strength. 'tis why Goro threatening to try for it was not taken seriously - mans had no arms. It would have been folly.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Goro was the one who was the undefeated champ for 500 years, you would think if Kintaro was stronger he would have been the undefeated MK champ to hold the title down and keep winning for Shao Kahn...So what do you think?
Kintaro's text says, "He is enraged by Goro's defeat. Kintaro vows to take revenge on the Earth warriors responsible."

So I take that to mean Goro was the previous champ and Kintaro was loyal to him. He may have been stronger, faster, and generally more powerful, but Goro was the reigning champ and Kintaro was not going to humiliate Goro by taking that title away.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Kintaro's text says, "He is enraged by Goro's defeat. Kintaro vows to take revenge on the Earth warriors responsible."

So I take that to mean Goro was the previous champ and Kintaro was loyal to him. He may have been stronger, faster, and generally more powerful, but Goro was the reining champ and Kintaro was not going to humiliate Goro by taking that title away.
I actually like that idea and it makes a lot of sense!

ScorpXL

Goro?
I definitely recall it being a trial of strength. 'tis why Goro threatening to try for it was not taken seriously - mans had no arms. It would have been folly.
Armless Goro would've won that contest easily. He was the undefeated MK champion for a reason. :cool: