What's new

Who Is The NEW CHARACTER? Explained! - BruskPoet

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thinking an Elder God of some sort. I don't think it's the same chick from Jade's dream realm or whatever.

Last edited:

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Thinking an Elder God of some sort. I don't think it's the same chick from Jade's dream realm or whatever.
The problem with the Elder God thought is that Elder Gods cannot intervene with anything to do with mortals unless it has to do with Mortal Kombat tournament rules being broken. An Elder God, especially a single Elder God cannot be "at the center of the story" unless they are a former Elder God. We wouldn't get that because it'll just be a Shinnok clone.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
If it's oracle then the leaks were real.
She doesn't look anything like the woman from Jade's MK9 ending, though, so we'll need more information. It's possible they completely redesigned the character, but there's literally zero resemblance to the images from MK9 -- and that leak specifically said "Oracle" was the dream realm woman from Jade's ending.

This video basically just says 'they're the same because I think they are, and them not looking alike at all is irrelevant', and while that could absolutely be true it is a pretty big leap based on what we currently have.

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Why would she? Do you think NRS would make her semi-debut in a design that was probably put together in less than 10 minutes?
If they've really been planning this story for that many years? Yes, I would think they'd have put some thought into the design.

It's not like they just went with something generic -- they did a very stylized sort of Arabian Nights look with green skin and long black hair, which is 0% like this character design.

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
they did a very stylized sort of Arabian Nights look with green skin and long black hair, which is 0% like this character design.
She also looked very different going from MK9 to MKX by straight up looking like Jade. A character design overhaul is not a new thing.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
She also looked very different going from MK9 to MKX by straight up looking like Jade. A character design overhaul is not a new thing.
In Jade's MK9 ending, the woman possesses her body. Kitana's MKX ending shows the woman in Jade's body, not the woman's own appearance.

I think it's very possible this woman in the trailer is a redesign of that dream realm character; all I'm saying is you are making a big assumption here based on zero evidence.

And none of these art pieces were "put together in less than 10 minutes", if you know anything about game development, concept art, or the artists who work on these games.

If you've watched Bruskpoet's other videos, his specialty is lore and he's been speculating on the Jade woman for some time. She's also really the only new foreshadowed character foreshadowed in both mk9s jade ending and mkx kitana ending

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
If you've watched Bruskpoet's other videos, his specialty is lore and he's been speculating on the Jade woman for some time. She's also really the only new foreshadowed character foreshadowed in both mk9s jade ending and mkx kitana ending
We've all been speculating on this woman since 2011! I agree she's been heavily foreshadowed, and it's an intriguing possibility, but there is nothing as yet to suggest she is the same person as the woman in the teaser trailer who does not resemble her at all.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
What makes everybody think its a woman

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The character's body has a traditionally female silhouette -- cinched-in waistline and wide, rounded hips. The slender arms and long, ornately-decorated fingernails are also traditionally feminine signifiers.

It could theoretically be a feminine male character, or an androgyne of some kind, but NRS characters tend to have very strong sexual dimorphism -- the men and women in NRS games up to this point have been built on two different base model structures.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The problem with the Elder God thought is that Elder Gods cannot intervene with anything to do with mortals unless it has to do with Mortal Kombat tournament rules being broken. An Elder God, especially a single Elder God cannot be "at the center of the story" unless they are a former Elder God. We wouldn't get that because it'll just be a Shinnok clone.
That's not true about them not being able to intervene without MK, that's their own rules which technically they can break at any time or alter but IF they wanted to. MK 9 when Raiden and Liu go to them for help, they even say "we cannot" but it was more like "will not" they're more than capable of doing whatever they want a la eons ago when they created the MKU from the One Beings body and consciousness. That had nothing to do with MK tournament, yet they did so and thus merely put forth the rules in place to keep the realms at bay from that moment on.

Maybe, who's to say that though? Maybe one of the Elder Gods could be separating or wanting to have his/her own agenda like Shinnok did eons ago? Or Maybe it's a new God of time(a rumor going around) either way, anyone can be the center of the story or antagonist if the writers choose so. At any rate, it's early speculation and that chick clearly is within a different dimension/realm than everyone else, it appears to be either the heavens, looking down on the universe or a new realm overseeing everything entirely. She also does not look human at all, definitely more godlike so I will say definitely an Elder God or a new God in general of some sort. I'm sure more will get be explained as time goes on. I just don't see the connection or am convinced it's the women from Jade's ending. Time will tell who she is though. I like the mystery behind her though.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I'm really keen on the idea that the new character is a direct incarnation of the One Being.

As said back in MKD, pretty much every mortal is a part of the OB's consciousness, thus they are all a part of its dream. If the Dream Realm is a thing, it stands to reason that the OB proper could kind of be stuck there, subtlety manipulating things as that is all that it could muster. Unable to really affect the physical world on a major scale, it works through people.