What's new

Who is the most execution heavy character in MK11?

Hardest character to use (Execution) Tight links, Cancels?

• Kabal (Mean Streak)

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • D'Vorah (Buzzed)

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Other?

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Kitana

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Jax GB

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Kano

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cassie (Yaas Queen)

• Skarlet

• Jade (Jaded)

• Sonya (ERDC's?)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Johnny (FB Cancels)

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Frost

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm wondering what the community thinks about this. Who is the hardest character to master and use effectively at a high level?

Obviously MK11 doesn't have the same execution as let's say MK9 Kabal but there are difficult things to do in MK11. For example Kabal's NDC's are easy to perform but doing them so they are unpunishable or Non-interuptable are not that easy. Doing F4xxNDCxxD1xxNDCxxF4xxEnder can be quite hard to get the rhythm down so its not pokable and in many cases not full combo punishable.
I don't use every character so I'm asking if there are other characters which have higher execution compared to the other characters in MK11?
It matters if the character requires these hard to do tools or if they are effective without them. For example:
Sonya's ERDC's are pretty hard to do being 2f links. Generally anything tighter than 3f links are difficult to pull off consistently in high level games. Sonya however doesn't really need to use her Energy Ring Dash Cancel's to get very high damage and is generally effective with lower execution moves like zoning with rings and 50/50's. Not to say the players using these characters are not skilled there are layers to the mind games in MK11 and at a high level requires solid fundamentals to outplay your opponents.

I'm leaning towards Mean Streak Kabal or D'Vorah Buzzed but I'd like to hear others thoughts on this.

if you choose Other, please specify in post who so I can update the poll accordingly.

So the results are in and still coming but I think its worth mentioning the top 5 winners voted by you:

1. D'Vorah Buzzed because she requires setplay and improv to be successful constantly adapting and reacting to your opponent just to do what others get easily.

2. Kabal Mean Streak: has some very tight links which he has to learn to get 29% off hisB1/F2 starters otherwise he will get sub 27% off all his BnB's. His Nomad Dash Cancel's require a good amount of labbing and MU knowledge just to make them safe being 3f links for the easiest ones.

3. Johnny with his Fatal Blow cancels. I hear are pretty hard and from tournament play I've seen he is mainly a footsie character with many wiffing issues. Can't forget Force Balls or I'll be running from pitchforks.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Sonyas ring cancel combos are probably the hardest thing in the game.
Her Ring Cancels are a 2f link but I think you can buffer them so 3f link, in fact I think this apply to everybody?
But Kabals NDC's require about the same links (3f) as her ERDC's to make them unpunishable otherwise your opponent can Reversal Throw punish or just poke out of NDC.

I'd also point out Sonya doesn't require her corner ERDC combos to be effective and get mad damage. She is one of the easier characters to mix with and has those rings to effectively lame out.
Kabal on the other hand won't get far above 27% without learning his tight link BNB's and his Cancels require a ton of labbing. They seem easy until you actually test gaps in it when it's not done frame perfect they are punishable especially canceling into his mids.

The operative word here is "most," which just means relative to the rest of the cast. Even if no one in the game is technically execution heavy in contrast to other fighting games/previous NRS titles, there's surely a MOST execution heavy comparatively.

I'd go with D'Vorah since she's the real standout. Kung Lao's got some tight timings w/ his optimals too. I'm thinking d2 KB into f4 xx hat spin (they need to be kissing the ground when the f4 connects in order for regular spin to work), etc.

Last edited:
Probably some johnny midscreen stuff, noob saibot, or kung lao but regardless it's still not saying much compared to past mks

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Literally the only thing in this game I've ever struggled with is Sonya's ring cancels into full combo. That's really the one tech I find difficult, everything else is either incredibly easy or reliable after some practice.

Some of Frost's more difficult combos like the double b32d1 are actually a bit tough but like I said if you practice they're not too crazy.

LawAbidingCitizen

absolutely nobody. this is the easiest game in NRS history execution wise.
I wasn't talking about MK9/X just 11. So the question is comparison between MK11 characters.
Obviously MK9/X had way harder execution.
But out of the current roster I wanted to know who everyone thought was the hardest character to master, BnB's Optimals, Tight Links 1-3f links, Tight Cancels.
So far some have mentioned Laos 1-3f links, Sonyas ERDC's, Kabals NDC frame perfect, D'Vorah's setplay and improvisation and some of Frosts combos.

I'm hoping the ones who chose other will list the character and revote

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Getting Jaded's pole vault into cancels 100% of the time as you want can be a bit of work depending on how good you are at complex inputs.
I don't know if she's the hardest but it's a bit of execution to get down for sure.

LawAbidingCitizen

Literally the only thing in this game I've ever struggled with is Sonya's ring cancels into full combo. That's really the one tech I find difficult, everything else is either incredibly easy or reliable after some practice.

Some of Frost's more difficult combos like the double b32d1 are actually a bit tough but like I said if you practice they're not too crazy.
Honestly the ERDC into B1 is pretty hard to get online. But I think she is very effective without it and still gets 40% without them and can easily zone several characters out.

Out of curiosity have you used Kabal MS? I've gotten his B12xxND DCxxs1, DCxx23xxDB4 29% midscreen fairly consistently but what can trip me up is his F22xxNDCxxF4/F4xxNDCxxF4
Against certain players offline I find they can Reversal Throw Kounter or Poke if I'm not frame perfect so its pretty hard.
I think its a 2f link and with certain starters it's a just frame.
F22xxNDC is +1 on block
F2xxNDC is +3
F4xxNDC is +1 ob
B12xxNDC is 0 ob
Others are -3/-8 like 22/11xxNDC
+4 on S4 and (+3 on s3(can jail from poke)

So his +1's don't leave a ton of room For error if your opponent knows the MU. Anything into +1 followed by 9f mid allows 7f poke/Starter to punish if the opponent is frame perfect. So if Kabal is a frame late they have 8f gap.
If he does +1 Into D1 a 6f can trade if he is 2f late then 7f can full combo.

I haven't used Frost so I can't say?

Last edited:

djynn

hsu hao main
I don't think there's anyone objectively hard in this game apart from maybe some dial ins but there's certainly a difference between sub zero's bnbs having a short dash as the hardest point and all the fuckery you have to do with j2 in fanfare

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Frost. If you disagree try to land her optimal krush if blow combos and corner bnb’s consistently. Thankfully this game doesn’t have true difficult execution but she is the most execution heavy

LawAbidingCitizen

I don’t think this game has a single execution heavy charater.

Some characters can be played by neanderthal cavemen or trained apes tho. Sub-Zero, Erron Black, Liu Kang and Geras come to mind.
I wasn't talking about MK9/X just 11. So the question is comparison between MK11 characters.
Obviously MK9/X had way harder execution.
But out of the current roster I wanted to know who everyone thought was the hardest character to master, BnB's Optimals, Tight Links 1-3f links, Tight Cancels.
So far some have mentioned Laos 1-3f links, Sonyas ERDC's, Kabals NDC frame perfect, D'Vorah's setplay and improvisation and some of Frosts combos.

I'm hoping the ones who chose other will list the character and revote

kcd117

Noob
Then I’d say Kabal and JC bc of the cancels even tho they are pretty easy to do and Baraka bc his optimal optimals (those that kill you in two touches) take some practice to land consistently.