What's new

Who is the Grodd God Lord now? (Father why have you forsaken us)

Who is the Grodd God Lord now?

• Total voters

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
You're all good grodd players. The best though imo is whoever has the best results in tournament if we are being fair. That would be omega k(for whom which I voted for). Might seem a little unfair because oakies and goonie technically might be more experienced in more matchups and better execution but Omega has played him at the highest level in a tournament setting. So I gotta give him the nod. But there's nothing wrong with what tweedy said as in the participation award thing. I'd say have a best tournament grodd as Omega and then have a best overall grodd maybe. Reminds me of semiij vs rewind for Catwoman. Semiij is hands down TO ME the best clear cut because of results. But he seemed to struggle in the mirror vs rewind and to me I used to think whoever was better in the mirror was better with the character but that's not the case. It's a great convo to have to be honest

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
No Grodd has really done anything in tournament. If Omegak or Oakies got top 8 instead of 9th at their respective 40 man tournaments, we'd be having a different conversation, but 9th at those tournaments is nothing to talk about at all. People have gotten 0 credit for 9th at tournaments with double or triple the size.

Goonie hasn't even competed in anything with Grodd so I guess you can argue them over him with their 40 man 9ths, but?

I'm going with Omegak personally but it's really just a guess at this point. Some people say Tyrant but finding gameplay of Tyrant in a competitive setting is more difficult than finding treasure at da bottom of da sea.

grogchugger

99 percent sodium free!
we need to combine all three to create the ultimate Grodd warrior
Goonie's Chutzpah
Oakies' Fundamentals
Omega K's execution
then people will see the glory of Grodd

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No Grodd has really done anything in tournament. If Omegak or Oakies got top 8 instead of 9th at their respective 40 man tournaments, we'd be having a different conversation, but 9th at those tournaments is nothing to talk about at all. People have gotten 0 credit for 9th at tournaments with double or triple the size.

Goonie hasn't even competed in anything with Grodd so I guess you can argue them over him with their 40 man 9ths, but?

I'm going with Omegak personally but it's really just a guess at this point. Some people say Tyrant but finding gameplay of Tyrant in a competitive setting is more difficult than finding treasure at da bottom of da sea.
It’s still kind of hype if somebody gets 9th with a People’s Hero character though. Has to be a character that’s mostly overlooked though — no one’s going to get props for placing 9th with Supergirl.

But yeah, having only 40 players does change things a bit. It’s why the concept of having Top 8 as this magical number, regardless of the size of the field, is kind of silly even though it’s FGC tradition.

Belial

Noob
Pre patch the contest for best Grodd was probably between me and Oakiess. Now its very likely Coach Steeve but I've yet to see him use Grodd despite him saying so and then Tyrant. Despite his Grodd being pretty terrible he got fundamentals at good lvl. Keep an eye for them you Grodd fans.

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
I hereby nominate Lego_help aka UBETTERDIEE as an up and coming grodd lord. His grodd just won a match in top 8 in the northern arena online league.