What's new

Who is the character that gives you the most problems?

Don’t feel bad. People in the US can’t keep track of all of things that offends people either. It changes daily.
You can @ me bro. Whether or not you find it offensive is of course your prerogative but the word has a history. I’m not gonna bash people who use it and don’t know it’s history but if you do know then hey maybe you should stop saying it.

Hot_DNA

Noob
All jades think d2 is invincible. I’d be damned if I ever ran into a jade that DIDNT try to d2 me after every blocked string. She also doesn’t have to play footsies, IA amp glaive does that for her, and she hardly has any recovery on it. Also, Jade is one of the characters that I think abuses j3 the most, another total scrub tactic. Can someone explain to me why j3 is stupid hard to anti air, and +14 on block? Shits potato.
I'm not one of those jade players that thinks she sucks BUT she does like 18% punishes.. In a world full of EB fatal blows, Sonya doing 40% damage and zoning, Lui Kang/Geras kb's out the ass.. we mad about Jade?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
You can @ me bro. Whether or not you find it offensive is of course your prerogative but the word has a history. I’m not gonna bash people who use it and don’t know it’s history but if you do know then hey maybe you should stop saying it.
I wasn’t calling you wrong or speaking on that specific example. I was just talking about our culture in general. People in the US can’t keep up with it either.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Anyone with advancing mid launchers into huge damage who execute spacing with a higher reward and lower risk than my supposedly spacing character.
Special regards to Scorpion and his broke ass teleport.
Also, anyone with zoning that Jade's zoning immunity does not work on.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Shang Tsung main here. I have the hardest time vs Scorpion and honorable mentions to Geras and Sub Zero.

I feel Scorpion is a very hard MU for Shang Tsung apparently Mustard thinks the same thing. Reborn is so annoying but SR is still hard it seems his base moveset counters Shang everywhere.

Shang is a zoner at near full screen where he is best but Scorpion has Teleport with many options, Cancel into grab/buttons and both Teleport options create a huge guessing game. He has one of the best dashes and movement speed, add to that he can cancel teleport to be full screen and good luck catching up with him. You don't have the luxury if walking him to the corner so he always has control of the pace if the match. He has auto shimmy from several moves that can all be made safe or canceled to create guess.
Midscreen he dominates the match other than Soulsteal but he can punish it so its not something to throw out or condition with.
He can punish all projectiles from mid to full screen on reaction with TP.
He has good pressure and pokes up close.
I honestly feel its just not in Shang's favor vs Scorpion especially Reborn. Basically you have to take huge risks to do anything and risk full combo every time.

Anyone who can counter Shang's zoning limits his effectiveness in the MU.

Down 2

Noob
I play Jax and Liu Kang is my #1 least favorite character to go up against. I just don't see why people complain about Erron Black before Liu Kang? In my opinion Liu is top 3 and seems to have a tool for every situation. His F4,3, U3 string is 9 frames, far reaching, multiple hits, a stagger, a Krushing Blow, and if you respect it and block, its plus. its just really dumb and I cant think of another character with a string that has that much utility. He can zone with fireballs, counter zone with his flying kick, use bicycle kick to restand and or for corner carry, and seems to have some of the most useful Krushing Blows in the game. I just don't see how he is not considered to be on the same level as Sonya, and Geras.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I play Jax and Liu Kang is my #1 least favorite character to go up against. I just don't see why people complain about Erron Black before Liu Kang? In my opinion Liu is top 3 and seems to have a tool for every situation. His F4,3, U3 string is 9 frames, far reaching, multiple hits, a stagger, a Krushing Blow, and if you respect it and block, its plus. its just really dumb and I cant think of another character with a string that has that much utility. He can zone with fireballs, counter zone with his flying kick, use bicycle kick to restand and or for corner carry, and seems to have some of the most useful Krushing Blows in the game. I just don't see how he is not considered to be on the same level as Sonya, and Geras.
Liu Kang is definitely top 15 in my book but I feel he is honest just annoying to deal with an auto pressure character that works with 3 buttons.
But I can basically blow up all of his options if I wait and react to it: Stagger throw, Low Fireball and Parry all used on the F43 mix. But I actually feel his other variation is stronger Wu Shi Legend has that buff and teleport, destroys zoneRs, can mix from full screen and you can't keep him out, can also send projectiles back at you.

But I feel Cassie, Geras, Erron, Jacqui have the same utility off two normals as he does on F4. They are arguably better in other ways too. Liu gets -7 stagger while they have -2 or better and more damage, better KBs and more mix. But liu is definitely good. I think many are underrating the tiers in this game. Mid to A tier are very solid if not amazing in this game. Look at what Semij did with Kitana, Kombat did with Johnny, Waz did with Jade, DJT did with Baraka, NinjaKilla did with Liu Kang. All of those players are mad good but if ant if them where lacking in tools/fundamentals in character design they wouldn't be able to place high Like they have. I don't think mid tier means they lack its more like S Tier has about the same Tools as Mid Tier but gets better DMG and oki from those tools. We seen what Foxy did with just a stagger and throws and a very slow interuptable zhat with a character that was known as low tier on month 2.

Malec

Noob
Every one trick pony.

Erron Black B222 Scud Shot, B222 scud shot...

Lui Kang F4,3 into endless mind games

Scorpion F3, F3, F3 throw, F3, F34

brain dead shit like this drives me nuts

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Kabal, aka I outplay you by just pressing hurtboxless buttons from jump distance.
I came to add Kabal to my list. I'm actually not sure if I've ever beaten a decent Kabal before. He controls a ton of space and the air. Solid projectiles and one of the best fatal blows in the game.

I play Liu Kang most of the time and there is no way he is top 3. F43 cancelled into fireball is full combo punishable and F43U3 can be flawless blocked or interrupted. He has good staggers, but he is not as good as Erron Black, Geras, Cassie, Sonya, Scorpion, Kabal, and maybe Jacqui. I'd put him right below Baraka if I made a tier list. He is definitely top 15, maybe top 10 imo.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Jacqui is probably the worst. I'm not sure what is going on. I've tried to figure it out. I was interested in trying to play her, but she made no sense to me at all. I was getting bodied by one last night and for whatever reason the dude decided to switch to Scorpion just because. I was like "Yes." I got no problems playing Scorpion and started winning those.

Subzero is just free party on my everything. There is always an overhead happening. It seems like I should be blocking it, but it never happens. Just non stop. I feel like a lot of the people playing him are hyper ADD or hopped up on something. Lots of really animated position dancing by people that clearly have faster brains than me. Of course I think all he has to do is toss some stuff out and try to find good sucker moments for slide or MB iceball.

Scarlet I can't beat. A good person with her projectiles makes me feel a bit like I'm playing IJ2 and I couldn't ever rise above the zoning meta in that game. It's not near as bad, but it can be work getting in and once there she has some long attacks. I've run into players that just sort of repeat a set pattern and it always works on me. It automatically catches most attempts to close the gap grounded or in air. I get the feeling it works so well, that when I do get going players sometimes seem like the don't know much else. I've done the lab thing after, I get what I should have done. FB's may be involved, but now I forget because my memory sucks and stuff leaks right out after a night's sleep. I'll have to go learn what to do for the fourth time so I can forget it all over again.

Lui Kang is honorable mention. I can't with that f43 business. I've studied it. I've practiced FB's, pokes, counter on low fireball, MB fireball, but it's all too much to guess against. You can't challenge the startup, all the ideal answers are different, poking out isn't remotely discouraging , and bad guessing can end with you eating a KB. And on top of it you have to worry about parry. I can't keep up with that in the slightest. It's just auto lose forever if someone knows how to play that game.

EB drives me a little nuts. I think something in me keeps thinking slide is always coming on the next hit. I'm always tapping down at some point and it's trouble town. Seeing slide coming in training seems easy enough, but in match I can't see it happen soon enough. Maybe I'm too old, or online woes are for real.

Kabal seems fair or whatever, but is frustrating to deal with. The general safety with safe reach is hard to find a way past. I don't feel like I can honestly complain about him, but I want to.

I haven't fought enough Sonya's to care, but she seems like she could use a nerf blast to one of her things. Like not having the best zoning, or like making her unsafe commit just a wee bit more unsafe. I think I have 2 frames to punish. Scorpion does something risky and you have week to tell him it was a bad idea. I'm not asking for that, but another frame or two seems reasonable.

I win lost against Jax is probably inline with my average, but he tuckers me out fast. I can't keep up with all of that for too many fights before my brain overloads and I start losing from mental exhaustion.

There. Have I complained about everyone and blamed the cast for not winning?