What's new

Who is the BEST DLC from Kombat Pack 1?

Which DLC character is the best you think?

• Shang Tsung

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Nightwolf

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Terminator T-800

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Sindel

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Joker

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • Spawn

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • Undecided too close to call

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Shao Kahn being the first dlc technically

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Title says it all. I know Spawn just came out, but no worries I've made it so you can always change your vote if someone finds some crazy tech with him in the future.

As of now since officially ALL KP1 DLC has been released, who do you guys think is officially the best tier? Just out of the DLC characters. And who is the worst?

Who would you say is the top tier of DLC and lowest?

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
All of them are well-polished and breathe life into the game with their playstyles and variety of tools to overcome matchups. I voted for Joker because I never thought in a million years DC would allow a staple character to be dismembered in a variety of creative ways by the cast of MK lol.

EDIT: “Lowest” in my book would be Nightwolf. This is purely based on personal enjoyment of one sole variation. Every KP character has two or more variations that feel different, have swag, and are a blast to play.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
If you don't over-use the overhead and can find ways to open people up, Nightwolf is definitely the best out of the dlc.
-Great range for punishing w f1
-Good zoning/anti-zoning
-V1 has the armor that can eat wake-ups and hella damage
-V3 has another anti-zoning tool that can launch and a high damaging mid projectile
-Gdlk jumpkick
-9f mid although stubby
-11 one of the best strings in the game imo because all the mix-ups

All of them are well-polished and breathe life into the game with their playstyles and variety of tools to overcome matchups. I voted for Joker because I never thought in a million years DC would allow a staple character to be dismembered in a variety of creative ways by the cast of MK lol.

EDIT: “Lowest” in my book would be Nightwolf. This is purely based on personal enjoyment of one sole variation. Every KP character has two or more variations that feel different, have swag, and are a blast to play.
Talking about the best charater tier-wise.

MKF30

Haha true. I figured if anyone would do it it would be DC for a few reasons. 1. DC like MK also owned by WB 2. DC while protective of their characters aren't total pansies like Marvel And Disney lol. Until Disney is not the owner of Marvel, which will be never so...lol. Capcom already said they would never allow it so props for DC for being open minded. I mean if you've read joker or batman, dc in general they have some fucked up stories like joker cutting off his own face just to wear it..yeah not twisted at all lol.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
In terms of characters I enjoy playing it’s a toss up between Nightwolf, Shang & Sindel. I do believe Joker is the best tier wise though.

most of them have a variation where they have at least 5-6 brutality’s to work with and that’s usually a selling point for me.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Queen Sindel, she is incredible , NRS did an amazing job updating and upgrading her visual, and her gameplay/moveset ..... :D

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I enjoy Nightwolf the most but I think hes pretty unimpressive design wise. He's pretty much MK11: The Character.

I'd probably give it up to Shang Tsung. Tagawa did an excellent job playing the character and he's a fun, well rounded character with plenty of room for experimentation

MKF30

One and only, Queen Sindel!

Sorry but others don't come close! No matter how hard i tried to like other characters, i just couldn't. Here are my ratings:

Sindel

Shang Tsung
Nightwolf

Joker
Spawn

Flopminator
Looks like they have botox in outworld now huh? Lol

I enjoy Nightwolf the most but I think hes pretty unimpressive design wise. He's pretty much MK11: The Character.

I'd probably give it up to Shang Tsung. Tagawa did an excellent job playing the character and he's a fun, well rounded character with plenty of room for experimentation
I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for gameplay wise tbh.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Sindel is the only one in the KP that I care about. She is by far the coolest character in the pack and I absolutely love how they have changed her story and made her a evil badass. Just great.. everything about her is great.

Shang Tsung would have been my top pick if not for Sindel. Nightwolf 3rd.

I have zero interest in the guests. Joker and Spawn do not belong in MK and are a blight.. Leave them in Injustice with the other comic characters. Terminator is the only cool guest so far, but even so. Guests in general do not interest me. I would much rather have actual MK characters. If I was to rank them it would be. Terminator, Joker, Spawn.

So In order
  1. Sindel (by a LONG way, totally uncontested imo)
  2. Shang Tsung
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Terminator
  5. Joker
  6. Spawn

I voted Sindel because it is the only one I enjoyed from both cosmetic and gameplay perspectives. I would have prefered Sindel to have more human skins and one revenant skin (+ its shaders). Her intros/outros could have been way better though, they weren't very creative with them. Her fatalities are bad.

Nightwolf is annoying in both cosmetic and gameplay. His gameplay is boring and only his third variation is a bit fun to play. His skins are pretty bad, the only surprise being that his revenant skin may be the best looking one. His gear is pretty lame (especially the helmets lol). I do like some of his outros/intros though. His fatalties are bad.

Shang Tsung is a good DLC, I actually I think it is the best DLC from a more objective point of view. Cool looking skins, great outros (intros are a bit disappointing tbh) but forgettable gear. His gameplay is just not my cup of tea but I thought it was okay when facing some Shang Tsung online. I like his Kintaro fatality but the second one could have been good but the execution is missing.

I hate Joker in both gameplay and cosmetics. A big part of my frustration about this character is that he took the place of Ash motherfucking Williams (which is why I bought the KP in the first place because they hinted his presence before swapping him with the Joker at the last second). His animations look goofy, his skins are bad besides the default one that looks... acceptable. His gear is pretty bad and his fatalities are bad.

I expected so much more of Spawn, he's one of the most requested characters since MK9/MKX and saying he's disappointing would be an understatement. I never "wanted" Spawn but I wasn't against him being included, and there was so much hype around this character I think we all expected NRS to blow our minds with him. But no. Some of his intros/outros look good but I don't like his skins/gear. I don't know the character and I assumed all his gear and skins are inspired from the comics so I can't blame NRS for being loyal to the character (for once). His fatalities are... not that good.

And finally the character I remember he's in the game only when I see him on the select screen, Terminator. What a disaster, what a terrible adapta... Wait... No ! He's the PERFECT adaptation. Both Terminator: Dark Fate and Terminator the MK character are awful, uninspired and forgettable. NRS totally respected the source material for once (maybe even a little too much this time).

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I voted Sindel because it is the only one I enjoyed from both cosmetic and gameplay perspectives. I would have prefered Sindel to have more human skins and one revenant skin (+ its shaders). Her intros/outros could have been way better though, they weren't very creative with them. Her fatalities are bad.
@ShepherdOfFire I agree with what you said about Sindel's skins and intros/victories. I feel like other DLC characters got much better intros and victories. And one revenant skin was definitely enough!
This really surprises me. For me Sindel has some of the best costumes and best intros and outtros in the entire game. Free. Though I do admit that the hair fatality is mid tier at best, but the scream one is awesome as is he KB.

Makuholick

Killa Queen
I already refunded my copy of the game so I can't talk gameplay-wise.
But who fits the best for the game? Terminator. Shang-Tsung ended up being a cheap publicity stunt, Sindel would've been okay had they not wrecked her lore for no reason, Nightwolf was also cool, but (albeit much less than Sindel) his lore got stained also, Joker was such a disappointment that BWL Noob and Cassie Quinn took his spotlight out of pity, and who was the last character again?

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
In terms of personal preference i like Nightwolf and Spawn only and dont care about the other.
Talking tier-wise then its Joker hands down, character has all the tools to be top 5 or top 7 at worst.