What's new

Who is the announcer?

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So usually the big bad from the game is the announcer, right? Pretty much like Shao Kahn in MK2/MK3 for example. Or an exception like Quan Chi in MK4.

Shouldn't Kronika be the announcer this time? lol or we could have Shao Kahn again since he's in the game.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Since Kronika is like observing everything, I think she SHOULD be the announcer, and should comment on the match by saying things like, "excellent," "well done," etc. That would be amazing. First time female boss, first time female announcer. Sounds practical to me.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Ever since MK Deception the announcer's just been a voice who's "there" and not necessarily the game's main villain. MK Shaolin Monks was the true last game where the final boss and announcer shared the same VA.
Yup.

Shinnok in MK4 and MKX wasn't the announcer, and Onaga wasn't in Deception either. I don't think the announcer is suppose to be Shao Kahn (or anyone) at this point.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Not to sound sexist but I respectfully submit that a female announcer in a Mortal Kombat game would be blasphemy.

Injustice is one thing. In the Mortal Kombat universe, gender barriers for the announcer role must be strictly enforced.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
I thought it was Onaga in MK Deception or am I crazy?!

You are correct.

Onaga's voice is an echo in every way of the announcer.

Edit: I copied the time of the video, it didn't transfer here...too lazy to try again. But it's obvious that Onaga talking to Shujinko at the end of the first video is the same voice as the announcer in the fights.

Edit #2: Needs more of big dick Kahn:

Last edited: