What's new

Question Who is the 3rd most popular ninja?

Kishido

Noob
Reptile
Smoke
Noob
Rain
Ermac

Before they destroyed Reptile I would say him without a doubt but sadly he is the least used character in both MK 2011 and MKX

But now I think it's either Noob or Smoke. Noob is back again and looks hype and Smoke was really popular in 2011.

So what do you think. And is there a chance to make Reptile great again ?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think it goes something like this:

1. Noob
2. Smoke
3. Ermac
4. Reptile
5. Rain

People have trash taste though because Rain is bae.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Noob
4. Smoke
5. Ermac
4. Reptile
5. Rain

This was the last popularity list I checked, but I'm sure this fluctuates based on who all's voting.
My top 3 male ninjas are noob, smoke and ermac.

Reptile
Smoke
Noob
Rain
Ermac

Before they destroyed Reptile I would say him without a doubt but sadly he is the least used character in both MK 2011 and MKX

But now I think it's either Noob or Smoke. Noob is back again and looks hype and Smoke was really popular in 2011.

So what do you think. And is there a chance to make Reptile great again ?
you forgot scorpion and sub ín the options :DOGE

Kishido

Noob
Even more largely due to the whole block buster movie thing...
Still I think that ever since 4 or at least since Deadly Alliance they wasted him too much.

I get his new look and all but I doubt it is a con for people playing him. Ignoring that he looks bad as well besides his alt in MKX

If he would have been a reptile disguised as human like in the OG games I think he would have been much popular with the new generation of fans. Of course if he would be a badass and not just a mindless jobber. Not one other ninja was so wasted like him design and story wise.

So it has to be Smoke or most likely Noob cuz of his hype now.

Personally I think Noob is too much edge Lord and I hate Smoke and his long hair... I do not have anything against long hair but his animations have been bad in MK 2011.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Still I think that ever since 4 or at least since Deadly Alliance they wasted him too much.

I get his new look and all but I doubt it is a con for people playing him. Ignoring that he looks bad as well besides his alt in MKX

If he would have been a reptile disguised as human like in the OG games I think he would have been much popular with the new generation of fans. Of course if he would be a badass and not just a mindless jobber. Not one other ninja was so wasted like him design and story wise.

So it has to be Smoke or most likely Noob cuz of his hype now.

Personally I think Noob is too much edge Lord and I hate Smoke and his long hair... I do not have anything against long hair but his animations have been bad in MK 2011.
IDK man he was pushed pretty largely in MK9 pre-release, about as much as Scorp in Sub.

They even made his theme Dubstep to appeal to the kidz, and it worked. It was in most of the promotional material. I remember all the teenagers bumping that shit back then.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I asked a similar question a couple of days ago:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/who-is-your-favorite-male-ninja.68519/

So far the top 3 favorite male ninjas of TYM users are:

1. Sub-Zero (BY FAR)
2. Smoke
3. Noob Saibot

Sub-Zero was also the most voted ninja on the GameFAQ forums. And I think Smoke was not all too far behind. Smoke is also my personal favorite by far and I was expecting him to do well. I personally also think that Smoke is in the top 3 or at the very leeeeast in the top 4-5 of most favorite MK ninjas.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This varies by the point in time, like MK 9 it was Ermac from polls in general on MK sites. Others it'll be Reptile, seems going into MK 11 Rain had that spot but yeah after Scorp and Sub, Ermac, Reptile will always be in that top 5 usually rotating between Smoke/Rain/Noob depending on how long they've been out.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
In terms of the mass market, Reptile is still the next most popular ninja by quite some margin. No amount of forum fodder will change that. NRS have just ran out of plot roles for him to be part of the MK11 main roster.

I don't really have a problem with Ermac, Noob or Rain, their biggest problem comes in that other than MK9, their biggest character developments happened in installments of the franchise that NRS/WB would rather have you forget about.

Smoke is a strange one cause the biggest character development he has received is being turned into a cyborg, and therefore not a ninja. In his human form, he's probably still best remembered by casuals as being 'that cool secret ninja in MK2', a trump card already used by Reptile in MK1 so...

Of course, this could be all subject to change in MK11 and other projects going forward though.

Kishido

Noob
In terms of the mass market, Reptile is still the next most popular ninja by quite some margin. No amount of forum fodder will change that. NRS have just ran out of plot roles for him to be part of the MK11 main roster.

I don't really have a problem with Ermac, Noob or Rain, their biggest problem comes in that other than MK9, their biggest character developments happened in installments of the franchise that NRS/WB would rather have you forget about.

Smoke is a strange one cause the biggest character development he has received is being turned into a cyborg, and therefore not a ninja. In his human form, he's probably still best remembered by casuals as being 'that cool secret ninja in MK2', a trump card already used by Reptile in MK1 so...

Of course, this could be all subject to change in MK11 and other projects going forward though.
I do not understand how can they run out of story with Reptile. From Onaga to his MKX ending there is a lot of possibilities

But they made him not only dumb in story mode but also a total jobber. His reptilian appearance isn't helping out either.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I do not understand how can they run out of story with Reptile. From Onaga to his MKX ending there is a lot of possibilities

But they made him not only dumb in story mode but also a total jobber. His reptilian appearance isn't helping out either.
Onaga might have something to do with him not being around in MK11, cause that's the only other time he's missed out on the main roster since becoming playable in main MK games. MK11's story mode will probably explain something about it one way or the other.