What's new

Who is new Hsu Hao?

Who is new Hsu Hao?

• Total voters
YEa but the whole damn series has been all about Mr. Self Righteous Liu Kang since day one so you knew going in the story was gonna be a big stroke job for him.
Yeh, i don't understand why people like Liu Kang. Dude is generic by 2 sides, being a Bruce Lee clone and a goody 2 shoes. Honestly, is the kind of character i loved until i passed 12 years old.

Hold up. Baraka is OG. He's not new. Dude goes back to Mk2.
I know he is not new, but he is just the leader of the tarkatans. He was special before tarkatans were more introduced in the story mode, but after that, i really don't give a fuck if the tarkatan of the game is Baraka or any other tarkatan.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Sonya. Blade.
Just random military soldier without personality (IMO, 90% special forces characters are the most boring chars in MK universe). I hope that explosion killed her forever. Wait... phuking Riu Kang fire God rewind the time... Noooooo

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Voted for cassie. Random smart ass teen. She is to johnny what frost used to be to sub zero.
Yeah that's right @Vslayer come at me bro lol.
OH HELL NA SON, FT10 YOU AND ME. Let me make a thread so I can talk shit but never actually challenge you formally.

:p

Always thought Jacqui is the new Hsu Hao but this thread got me thinking.
Hsu hao has something unique, but incredible boring and forgettable..just like Kollector.
Jackie is the new Stryker. (while Stryker is better cause he was the first regular guy)
Jacqui is not regular guy though, she is Jax 2.0. Also has insane tech.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Dude is Fujin all that great? I missed the 3d era because those games looked like shit and from what I saw when watching others played like shit.
The game mechanic Was shit but it had some good ideas actually . Just poorly executes . The stages and the soundtracks from the select carácter menu to the stages were awesome and puts mkx and mk11 to shame . Kenshi Fujin reiko havik hotaru tanya mavado sareena are all great caracteres .

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cassie used to be like that in MKX. I am really happy with her in this game- story voice looks- she’s got it.
Jacqui is not regular guy though, she is Jax 2.0. Also has insane tech.
I will concede that two of the BIG ups in this game were how much better Cassie and Jacqui were across the boards. Design, gameplay, their stories (Chapter 1 was fire), all of it. I would be hype if Kung Jin came back. Or even Takeda.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Lol people complaining about Cassie and Jackie being bland when the series is helmed by Liu Fucking Kang? Give me a break. The gals both got great personality and chemistry with each other.

Also, my boy Kollector getting all this hate? Sure he isn't that fleshed out but the Naknadan seem cool? He has SIX ARMS?!?!? BUT USES TWO OF THEM TO AT ALL TIMES HOLD HIS PRECIOUS BACKPACK BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T INVENTED STRAPS?!?!?!? Good fun.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I will concede that two of the BIG ups in this game were how much better Cassie and Jacqui were across the boards. Design, gameplay, their stories (Chapter 1 was fire), all of it. I would be hype if Kung Jin came back. Or even Takeda.
I bet both Takeda and Kung Jin will be 100% on MK12 ..... NRS probably will take turn on the MK kids among each game .... as they are doing with some of the female assassins already

It's "Fan Favorite" Jacqui Briggs.

What you have is a half-baked moveset in a very dry character. Yes the Kickboxing is cool but where are the shotgun arms? Why is her reflector only in her Fatal Blow? Why does she have a laser focus feature in her gauntlets only for it to be used as a taunt? Why do her sticky bombs only come up in 1 fatality? Why go for "augmented" legs instead of full robot? And let's not forget her MKX concepts being nixed for Camo and Bulletproof Vest+Camo and Tanktop. This character feels like they had good ideas but scaled it back and played it safe.

And then you have her personality: this woman is the daughter of Jax with Sonya as a close relative....and yet she's so blah. It's aggravating because there's no hard ass "Vasquez" attitude in her whatsoever. It's pretty fitting her ending is going back and undoing her existence.

Last edited:

Dabluprint4

eh....
  1. Kollector - my vote because yeah, he is.
  2. Cetrion - would be my other vote. Just boring.
  3. Jacqui - we totally didn't need her.
We could have gotten meaningful characters in their places such as Fujin, Smoke, Mileena, Ermac, Reptile etc

and we can totally fight! lmao we just got cool.. I have to block you!