What's new

Who is Kabals weakness in UMK3?

I would think that every character would have a counterpart that is very competitive against him. So in UMK3, what character is VERY good against Kabal? I find it hard to beleive that Kabal is totally dominant against ALL characters in MK3.

I mean, there are enough characters in UMK3 and UMK3 is a complex enough game so that for every character, there will be a best response character for that character.

whenever i'm playing kabal i seem to lose to nightwolf more than anyone else...maybe thats cause im playing br0ken though...also since i only started playing not even 3 weeks ago

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
vs Kabal you need to constantly be holding back when attack to avoid his big throw range which is a side effect of constant rjing, and plus you're usually on the defensive anyway. The best thing to do is bait spins, and yes, Nightwolf is a great counter against him. Others will answer eventually, I'm on my way out, but will check back to this thread when I get home.

ded

Elder God
believe it or not the best anti kabal character is reptile ;]

.... or another kabal LOL

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kabal vs Reptile is probably the most fun match to have in MK. Bill and I decided that at the last tournament. :D

Reptile and nightwolf eh? ok cool

I really wish MK3/UMK3 had a hidden feature so you can covertly select your character. If my opponent highlights kabal, and tries to wait for me to pick my character, Ill just respond by highlighting reptile or nightwolf, but then he'll respond by moving over to an anti-reptile/anti-nightwolf character, and Ill then have to respond by moving to an anti character of the one he chose. and this will repeat ad infinitum or until the time runs out, and it automatically selects who we are currently highlighting. They started doing this hidden feature in mk4, which was good. too bad they couldnt have done it sooner. It would allow for better strategy.

I guess the only way to do this for UMK3 would require players to cooperate fairly with eachother before they come to the fighter select screen. Maybe they would secretly write down their choice on a peice of paper, and then show it to eachother, and they have to commit to their choice when they get to the fighter select screen. THis is one way to get around not having a hidden feature.

The strategy of MK doesnt begin when khan says "fight!", it actually begins at the fighter select screen. This is why the topic of "who is the anti character of character A?" is a good question to ask.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The best universal advice I can give vs Kabal would be to stay grounded, never jump, and try to advance, duck the fireballs, and always be ready to block, duck, kara jab, etc, and Kabal players when too close will either start run jabbing or cross up. If they are run jabbing, just about anything you do needs to be accompanied by holding back. If Kabal is charging you, he can't do his Spin, so keep that in mind. If he cross up jumps, run under him and uppercut, or some kind of decent counter, watch for air fireball escapes to give him extra distance.

Kaiba

Noob
I seem to do really well with Classic Sub...mostly because I block out the use of the spin then start into his relaunch. But thats just me I guess.