What's new

Who is Deadshot's Worst Match-up?

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've been searching for a bad Match-Up for Deadshot for the past week, but I have yet to find one. I wanted to know what the forum thought.

So far, I have asked Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Black Adam players what they have thought about the Match-Up against Deadshot. They all have said it is an even matchup for their character.

For example, Green Arrow is great with his low and jump arrows. However, he has to make reads at fullscreen because of projectiles like Trick Shot (Deadshot's fullscreen mid) which stops Green Arrow from using low arrows, and then Wrist Cannon (his fullscreen high projectile) which stops Green Arrow from using is jump arrows.

Remember that I am simply searching for answers, and maybe a friendly discussion about potential Match-Ups for Deadshot.

Any friendly responses are welcome.

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Technically Gorilla Grodd's trait can give him projectile immunity and I don't think anyone really knows how to play against Grodd except Grodd mains so maybe you can exploit their lack of mu knowledge.

Pro tip:Darkseid only works against spammers, anyone with half a brain will duck your beams and punish raw tele

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I have heard that Catwoman and Flash beat him.

Catwoman because j2, low whip and superior footsies.

Flash because RMS low profiles high bullets and does a ton more damage.

Skedar70

Noob
Technically Gorilla Grodd's trait can give him projectile immunity and I don't think anyone really knows how to play against Grodd except Grodd mains so maybe you can exploit their lack of mu knowledge.

Pro tip:Darkseid only works against spammers, anyone with half a brain will duck your beams and punish raw tele
Deadshot is a terrible MU for Grodd. He doesn't even let you activate the projectile immunity. You just gotta walk in like the rest

I've been searching for a bad Match-Up for Deadshot for the past week, but I have yet to find one. I wanted to know what the forum thought.

So far, I have asked Green Arrow, Supergirl, and Black Adam players what they have thought about the Match-Up against Deadshot. They all have said it is an even matchup for their character.

For example, Green Arrow is great with his low and jump arrows. However, he has to make reads at fullscreen because of projectiles like Trick Shot (Deadshot's fullscreen mid) which stops Green Arrow from using low arrows, and then Wrist Cannon (his fullscreen high projectile) which stops Green Arrow from using is jump arrows.

Remember that I am simply searching for answers, and maybe a friendly discussion about potential Match-Ups for Deadshot.

Any friendly responses are welcome.
Catwoman

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Can'
Catwoman seems to be the go to character still even without her amour on catdash.

Also, Cheetah gives 0 f's about Deadshot's guns.
t deadshot just reaction instant air j1 anti-air for the blood lunge?
I mean the high shot recovers stupid fast, I wouldn't be surprised if Deadshot can punch her out of the air like that.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Deadshot is a terrible MU for Grodd. He doesn't even let you activate the projectile immunity. You just gotta walk in like the rest
Also, do you recommend Grodd to anyone?If you do, would you mind citing some reasons why?I was kind of scared of him having a high execution requirement, how bad is it?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I haven't touched the game in a while, but I never had issues against Deadshot as Cheetah. Sure, you gotta be patient to get in, but once you get a knockdown, it's pretty much game over. You can just smother him in oki pressure as long as you make good reads on his wakeup knee.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I haven't touched the game in a while, but I never had issues against Deadshot as Cheetah. Sure, you gotta be patient to get in, but once you get a knockdown, it's pretty much game over. You can just smother him in oki pressure as long as you make good reads on his wakeup knee.
I think I've found an ideal wakeup bait set-up:
You need a knockdown situation.Since most of the players don't even think twice before using wakeups on someone pressing buttons, using fast recovery buttons like standing 1 jabs and going into block could bait them into committing.
What's your thoughts on this?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think I've found an ideal wakeup bait set-up:
You need a knockdown situation.Since most of the players don't even think twice before using wakeups on someone pressing buttons, using fast recovery buttons like standing 1 jabs and going into block could bait them into committing.
What's your thoughts on this?
Sure, I think that's a pretty common tactic in most matchups.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Yeah, I asked Catwoman players what they think of the Match-Up for Deadshot, and most of them have said it's barely even for Deadshot. I can see Catwoman being one of Deadshot's worst Match-Ups though thanks to her walkspeed and j2.

Apparently pre-patch it used to be 6-4 in Catwoman's favor, which I believe to be true.

I also asked Cheetah players what they think about the Deadshot Match-Up, and they also think it's an even Match-Up.

Apparently, Trickshot helps a lot in that Match-Up to deal with her low-profiling lunge. I guess this creates the mindgame of Trickshot or Wristshot and then Meter-burned low rifle to push her back.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Catwoman beats him slightly because she can get around his zoning without much trouble thanks to low whip, J2, her walkspeed and her good neutral game. However, it's more on the even side now post-patch.

Other than that I'm sure F0xy thinks Flash beats him as well.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Some are debatable, but Catwoman and Cheetah should be pretty unarguable at this point as bad MUs.
I think it's all about how you play it. Up close, Cheetah and Catwoman are dominant, but at fullscreen Deadshot prevails. That is, unless you know something about the Matchups that I don't know yet?

Also, thanks for the reply.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think it's all about how you play it. Up close, Cheetah and Catwoman are dominant, but at fullscreen Deadshot prevails. That is, unless you know something about the Matchups that I don't know yet?

Also, thanks for the reply.
Watch Foxy vs Semij from last weekend. That set was extremely close and calculated! That's how the MU should be played. Foxy won the set but you can tell Catwoman has a very slight advantage.