What's new

Who Had the Best Sonya in MK9?

Flagg

Noob
Foxy has a pretty awesome Sonya, but lets face facts, the one that impressed the most was My God's.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree you gotta give Riu his due. He was the most consistent. Placed early on in 2011, into the beginning of the MLG era, then vanished for a while. Then he randomly went to NEC and placed again. I think the only reason he doesn't get props is he's not a TYM personality. He never talked and wasn't hype. In fact I can't even pronounce his real name,

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree you gotta give Riu his due. He was the most consistent. Placed early on in 2011, into the beginning of the MLG era, then vanished for a while. Then he randomly went to NEC and placed again. I think the only reason he doesn't get props is he's not a TYM personality. He never talked and wasn't hype. In fact I can't even pronounce his real name,
Not to mention he showed up and wrecked all of VSM/NY in a Royal Rumble until Jr. finally had to go Kenshi to stop him, haha. That was a funny evening.

CrimsonShadow, as far as sonya goes, if mk9 kept going strong as it is, ppl would see that i'm at least a top 3 sonya HANDS DOWN!!!!!. I mean, I beat the two time evo champ with her :p, so all sonyas can hold that. Lost the mirror to mygod (props to him), then should've went sonya on reo (my fault :p). But that is besides the point, my sonya is an animal and for those who have actually played my sonya, they can vouch for me easily. All time, i'd put the list in no order as riu, showtime, and morty since they have the most tourney results. As of right now, in no order, me, mygod, and possibly pig since he did some work with her :p.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
CrimsonShadow, as far as sonya goes, if mk9 kept going strong as it is, ppl would see that i'm at least a top 3 sonya HANDS DOWN!!!!!. I mean, I beat the two time evo champ with her :p, so all sonyas can hold that. Lost the mirror to mygod (props to him), then should've went sonya on reo (my fault :p). But that is besides the point, my sonya is an animal and for those who have actually played my sonya, they can vouch for me easily. All time, i'd put the list in no order as riu, showtime, and morty since they have the most tourney results. As of right now, in no order, me, mygod, and possibly pig since he did some work with her :p.
Shots fired!! Haha, I love it

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
yea, riu48 will always be the best sonya to me.

I just like to live in the magical era of 2011 where erik warda is the best kabal and chris G was still respected. You know, before CD Jr came along and bodied everyone so hard that the whole community thought that Jax was S+ God Tier for almost a year.

I am just going to leave this quote here from Riu when this discussion came up in in dec 2012. With few exceptions, most of this is still applicable today.

i usely do not like to get involve in the whole ''who is the best sonya talk'' but i really would like to know what does it take to be reconice as the best player for the character ?

lets look as some facts here

1) i am the hightest placing sonya player in tournaments now for a year

2) i have place top 8 and top 5 more than any other sonya player has since the game came out even when i have go to less tourneys than most of them with my worst placing ever been 9th place at anaheim

3) the only sonya player to ever place highter than me in the same tourney was mortysienfeld one year ago at NEC 2011 after that date i placed highter than any other sonya player who was in the same tourney i was

4) @Pig Of The Hut i am sorry i have to add this because i am proud of it lol . . .i am the only sonya player to have ever beaten pig two times consecutively in a major tournaments other sonya players will understand why i am proude of this

botton line is i have the most success with the character for a year now and yes every time a new sonya player rises people want to try to make a case on how he/she is better than me with the character even when he/she has yet to even place top 8 in a tournament? . . . i could care less if i am or i am not the best sonya out there as a top players it gets me mad when i am been compered to some randow new guy in the community just because he uses the same character i do

ok now i will go back to do not talk about this whole ''who is the best sonya thing '' because because at the end all that really matters to me is how good i am compering myself with the rest of the world and not with the rest of the sonyas