What's new

Who fits my play type?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I skipped over Injustice initially but after a year of competitive MKX I must say that the FGC competitive scene is a place i'd like to continue to be. With Injustice 2 feeling so much like Injustice 1 I am going to the roots to learn from the ground up. My cousin is allowing me to have Injustice this weekend and I'll be spending the next few months learning the game. I'm going in blind. Aside from less than half an hour of gameplay i've seen here and there I don't know anything about Injustice let alone the competition side of it.
Please help me choose a character to focus on. I will likely pick up a main and a secondary as opposed to my counter-picking approach in MKX. I thoroughly enjoy 2 styles of gameplay and if a character fits please tell me who. I don't mind playing a low tier character.

1. Reptile - Rush down/ counterzoning options
I play Reptile very forceball heavy. I get my slow or crawling acidball on screen and run ahead drowning my opponent in 50/50s, staggers, and general suffocating pressure. Playing a fast character is relatively important to me but if any character has similiar pressure to his acidballs this is paramount. As far as rushdown I would assume Flash would fit the description but Reptile without acid pressure (The only thing I have to compare it to) sounds miserable.

2. Mystic Ermac - Space control without being a dedicated zoner.
I love mystic Ermac. I like having mid ranged control that people have to respect and push is that. Keeping people grounded and from simply running in is wonderful. I convince them to respect it then pepper in throws, ground pounds, etc to keep the momentum in my favor. The fact that Ermac doesn't HAVE to stay out is a big selling point for me. I can play keep away and then close the distance myself whenever I want to flip the script.

MKX was my first competitive fighting game so sorry for referring mostly to it.

JDM

Noob
Green Lantern for Ermac style. He can control space very very well, can zone and mixup as well.

For Reptile style maybe batman. Not many characters can cover their approach and mixup at the same time like batman. Bats covers his approach and jumping over your opponent while they are coming is a 50/50,

I play Reptile in MKX and i can't really recall a character like him in Injustice. Maybe Flash but he has no projectiles. He has a lot of 50/50s and can cash out with trait to slow down and do big damage. Also has tons of 50/50s and a get in free move like slide/elbow dash with head charge.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Batman, Green Lantern, ZOD, Sinestro, The Flash, or you can go diet and play Green Arrow lol. All good options.Nightwing too although it's tough if you don't know the ins and out of the game and every matchup.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
My power went out seconds after posting but thank you very much for the input I will certainly try them first =D

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
What about for a kenshi main? I've tried aquaman but it doesn't feel the same. Would green lantern or sinestro be a better fit?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I wouldn't say Sinestro, maybe something more like Raven. She has instant screen zoning and a rising karma move that a safe combo starter with invincibility on wakeup. Her trait zoning is also really good

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
How about someone for a ninjutsu and cutthroat main? Not sure where to start looking for cuz I like some armor breaking capabilities like ninjutsu has and decent range on normals

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
How about someone for a ninjutsu and cutthroat main? Not sure where to start looking for cuz I like some armor breaking capabilities like ninjutsu has and decent range on normals
You don't really need to worry about breaking armour in Injustice. Wakeups are invincible and armour is typically 18 - 30 frames and cannot be a reversal (MB B3/F3)

Good range on normals to be like Scorpion, you want Aquaman. If you want 50/50's to be like Cutthroat, then you have more options: Flash, Batgirl, Martian (in trait he also doubles up like Ninjutsu because of the range, so that's pretty decent) etc.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
You don't really need to worry about breaking armour in Injustice. Wakeups are invincible and armour is typically 18 - 30 frames and cannot be a reversal (MB B3/F3)

Good range on normals to be like Scorpion, you want Aquaman. If you want 50/50's to be like Cutthroat, then you have more options: Flash, Batgirl, Martian (in trait he also doubles up like Ninjutsu because of the range, so that's pretty decent) etc.
Thanks for the input, I was thinking Aquaman might work for me. Do u think invincibility frames on wakeup will come back for injustice 2? From what I know invincible wakeups were remove from mk9 to mkx. So I'm feeling something like this will also be the case for injustice

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Thanks for the input, I was thinking Aquaman might work for me. Do u think invincibility frames on wakeup will come back for injustice 2? From what I know invincible wakeups were remove from mk9 to mkx. So I'm feeling something like this will also be the case for injustice
If the meterburn system is in place then I'd imagine that Injustice 2 will also have invincible wakeups since MB Specials don't have armour. MKX was the first to not have invincible wakeups (from MK9 onwards).

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Deathstroke fits your description of mystic perfectly. Guns are fast to start up and can punish people for dashing and being impatient and he controls the space directly in front of him with sword attacks and his godlike F3 and B3. Also has good rushdown with an overhead and low options, a quick 7 frame mid that is plus on block (short range with pushback), and a 6 frame low D1