What's new

Who fits my play type?

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I skipped over Injustice initially but after a year of competitive MKX I must say that the FGC competitive scene is a place i'd like to continue to be. With Injustice 2 feeling so much like Injustice 1 I am going to the roots to learn from the ground up. My cousin is allowing me to have Injustice this weekend and I'll be spending the next few months learning the game. I'm going in blind. Aside from less than half an hour of gameplay i've seen here and there I don't know anything about Injustice let alone the competition side of it.
Please help me choose a character to focus on. I will likely pick up a main and a secondary as opposed to my counter-picking approach in MKX. I thoroughly enjoy 2 styles of gameplay and if a character fits please tell me who. I don't mind playing a low tier character.

1. Reptile - Rush down/ counterzoning options
I play Reptile very forceball heavy. I get my slow or crawling acidball on screen and run ahead drowning my opponent in 50/50s, staggers, and general suffocating pressure. Playing a fast character is relatively important to me but if any character has similiar pressure to his acidballs this is paramount. As far as rushdown I would assume Flash would fit the description but Reptile without acid pressure (The only thing I have to compare it to) sounds miserable.

2. Mystic Ermac - Space control without being a dedicated zoner.
I love mystic Ermac. I like having mid ranged control that people have to respect and push is that. Keeping people grounded and from simply running in is wonderful. I convince them to respect it then pepper in throws, ground pounds, etc to keep the momentum in my favor. The fact that Ermac doesn't HAVE to stay out is a big selling point for me. I can play keep away and then close the distance myself whenever I want to flip the script.

MKX was my first competitive fighting game so sorry for referring mostly to it.