What's new

Who else is fuming about this MK11 BS at Evo???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borics

Banned
Who’s in charge here? I can’t express to everyone how absolutely upset I am at the people who are supposed to be running this community, Ed Boon and the Evo TO’s. I am literally fuming and I avoided saying bye to all my co-workers before I left work today, that’s how pissed I am after reading this news. This is an absolute disgrace, what happened to this community?

I said months ago to everyone, even people in my personal life how MK11 wasn’t going to be at Evo. I knew it as soon as I saw Maximillian essentially pleading with everyone to try and do something about this. I think he was almost in tears at one point of the video, I sure as shit was.

It’s no secret why MK11 didn’t make Evo this year. Ask anyone who streams this game or posts content, all of the content has been demonetized because of the new guidelines. I saw this coming years ago if I’m going to be honest with everyone. There’s a whole other topic we can get into as to why all of this censorship is happening but that’s a different story.

My question remains, why didn’t anyone do anything? Why didn’t anyone step up to the plate and at least run a side tournament for this game??? Who’s in charge here???

I am shaking right now, that’s how angry I am. I am not mad because I can’t play but I am mad because there’s a kid in Gary, Indiana who’s living in an apartment basement that’s been playing this pos since it came out. Every second of free time he’s got, he’s sparring online with everyone and all some of these kids look forward to is playing their favorite game at Evo and because no one who wanted to step up, they get shafted again. I am shaking, you guys have no clue how upset I am and this isn’t about me!!!

I’ve probably put about 30 mins of time into that game, its not about me, it’s about the young kids who put their time into it and were looking forward to this and not one jerk who cashed out on his 401k 30 years before he was supposed to retire, who’s also sitting on a decent income from streaming, had the heart to at least do something on the side???

I’m so ashamed of the people in charge of this community, the TO’s at Evo and Boon. I mean, I am fuming right now. You really let the kids down this time and this is like the 2nd or 3rd time MK gets shafted after they pretty much put the team on their back during late 2010 to early 2016. Street fighter was popular sure but we weren’t seeing numbers like that and these obscure games with a decent community before UMK3/MK9 came on the scene. Whoever heard of a Killer Instinct tournament or samurai showdown before UMK3/MK9? Are you kidding me?

On behalf of everyone, I am sorry guys. I am so sorry and I wish my hands weren’t tied in Thailand right now because I would have done something, ran some kind of side tournament but guess what? I’m a god damn Elevator mechanic.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Try a blanket and some warm tea breh. Hope you didn't come down with a virus of some sort. If you're still feeling poorly come tomorrow, mayhaps grab yourself some Thera-Flu. Get well soon!

This mf said Gary, Indiana LMAO. Let me tell you something. No one's playing MK11. NRS killed it as soon as it dropped. Shitty DLC format. Shitter DLC chars. Shitty time crystals, shitty towers. Unless they do something drastic like i don't know...listen to the community it will never recover.

Borics

Banned
Your english is quite good for a mechanic coming from thailand. I am impressed. That being said: An asian mechanic is the one Mortal Kombat character that we still need, as we already got a Hollywood Superstar, a cowboy, a Native American, a Police officer and a mokap-artist.
I’m not originally from Thailand but am on a business trip. I was so eager to get hired when I got certified to become a mechanic that on every job I applied to, I checked off that I’d be willing to re-locate thinking it would make me a more desirable candidate but I never thought they would send me around the world. It’s actually very depressing since I’m currently away from my family and not to to mention I was stuck in a quarantine zone for 6 days. I don’t ever want to see another Asian country again, I want to come home.

Borics

Banned
I ain't readin' all that shit.

Based on your title, though....if you're honestly "fuming" over some game not making the cut at a big tournament you enjoy, you might need to get your priorities straight.
Ha! Typical sh!tposter. Hey buddy, did you at least read what I said in my other posts??? I’m hanging from an elevator shaft trying to raise MK awareness in Thailand so these kids can have MK11 at Evo!!

EDIT:
Was that short enough Buster?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Ha! Typical sh!tposter. Hey buddy, did you at least read what I said in my other posts??? I’m hanging from an elevator shaft trying to raise MK awareness in Thailand so these kids can have MK11 at Evo!!

EDIT:
Was that short enough Buster?
Still didn't read it, but I assume you were trolling by your reply. Either way, I think there's quite enough threads about MK11 not being at EVO already, be it serious or trolling.

May your grip remain strong and your will even stronger, brother.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I’m not originally from the Netherrealm but am on a business trip. I was so eager to get hired by the Kollector when I got certified to become His mechanic that on every job I applied to, I checked off that I’d be willing to re-locate not only tires, but also the shoulders of debitors, thinking it would make me a more desirable candidate but I never thought they would send me around different dimensions. It’s actually very depressing since I’m currently away from earth and my family and not to to mention I was stuck in unwillingly taking part in the latest Mortal Kombat Tournament for 6 days. I don’t ever want to see another Netherrealm place again, I want to come home to earth.
... OK, you did great work. I made some slight changes to your concept, but I see how the idea of a new and unique Mortal Kombat character is taking shape:

A shaolin monk following his dream of becoming a mechanic. He is then getting hired by the Kollector to fix the Kollector-mobile, which is capable of teleporting to different realms. For unknown reasons the Kollector and the MechaniK part their ways. However the latter is stuck in the Netherrealm, where he has to take part in the latest Mortal Kombat Tournament to find a way back to earth.

... we are not quite there, but we are making serious progress!

TYM-community, i call you out. We need your ideas, to create the perfect MechaniK-character!

(In all seriousness: i do respect work ethics; keep following what feels right to you.)

Last edited:

Borics

Banned
... OK, you did great work. I made some slight changes to your concept, but I see how the idea of a new and unique Mortal Kombat character is taking shape:

A shaolin monk following his dream of becoming a mechanic. He is then getting hired by the Kollector to fix the Kollector-mobile, which is capable of teleporting to different realms. For unknown reasons the Kollector and the MechaniK part their ways. However the latter is stuck in the Netherrealm, where he has to take part in the latest Mortal Kombat Tournament to find a way back to earth.

... we are not quite there, but we are making serious progress!

TYM-community, i call you out. We need your ideas, to create the perfect MechaniK-character!

(In all seriousness: i do respect work ethics; keep following what feels right to you.)
Do I at least have a good down 4 to poke with? I also don’t want my specials to be cheesy, like I don’t wanna throw tools as projectiles or anything. It should at least be some what clever.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Well, one thing is for sure: the character must be a technical one. His d1 has extended range because of a wrench. I don't know about his d4 though.

His gimmick could be "building tools", like powergloves. The MechaniK has a low damage output until he has completed building a specific tool. Said tool then boosts one certain aspect of his gameplan (eg rushdown, anti-zoning). So instead of going for maxdamage, combos can be ended in hard knockdowns. This brings buildingtime.

@ed boon
@NRS

Status
Not open for further replies.