What's new

Who does cassie lose too?

DeftMonk

Noob
maybe scorpion might be favorable mu? I dont play her and I have no idea. I labbed the fuck out of her but online if connection isnt perfect her shit is super unreactable. Not because of delay but because her advancing moves literally just have no start up animation and shes all of a sudden in my face lol.

maybe scorpion might be favorable mu? I dont play her and I have no idea. I labbed the fuck out of her but online if connection isnt perfect her shit is super unreactable. Not because of delay but because her advancing moves literally just have no start up animation and shes all of a sudden in my face lol.
Scorpion can't even move. She forces Scorpion to take even more risks because he has to hold a stagger every time a poke gets blocked.
9F mid characters are cancer for him.

It's not like Cassie is reliant on gunshot to control the match.

I mean at least he has a good d4 to throw out in neutral that beats f21+3 and can tp onto gunshots, but he gets his ass beat once she gets in his grill.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Scorpion can't even move. She forces Scorpion to take even more risks because he has to hold a stagger every time a poke gets blocked.

I mean at least he has a good d4 to throw out in neutral that beats f21+3 and can tp onto gunshots, but he gets his ass beat once she gets in his grill.
Every time Cassie commits to something such as gunshots Scorpion can teleport on her for a full combo

DeftMonk

Noob

I could see that but in the neutral a well timed neutral jump is sccary for cassie and seeing as reborn is reborn letting scorpion jump around willy nilly is probably not good. But like I said I dont play scorpion so who knows maybe its 9-1 loll

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Straight to the point, I like it.

If you're patient? She kicks EVERYONE'S shit in, no questions asked. I think she has the tools to deal with most people, but I do believe she loses to DoW Sub, 52CPU Erron and Reborn Scorpion (though that one I'm still unsure about). Anyone who can negate her counter-zoning and offence pretty well and keep her away, but once you get in its game over. So Jade, Cetrion and Scarlet are harder MUs, I would say they're 5-5.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I think Thunderwave Raiden v. Digital Soldier Cassie is pretty even, just going by their toolsets.
Pros/ Cons from a Raiden Perspective
+ Cassie can't zone Raiden (Teleport).
+/- Cassie has much better up close pressure, but worse range. As Raiden, it's easy to slip a F3 (full combo punish) on her in between a whiffed starting normal and the next hit in the string. I know that's just a skill thing, but for me it comes up quite often.
- Raiden's B1 string whiffs on the second hit, which causes Storm Cell to hit lower to the ground. This means that the follow up is limited. This knocks about 6% off the normal combo IIRC.
+Cassie's highs miss Raiden crouch blocking. Regular Amped pistol shots miss completely. B3 (her shadow kick) misses completely.
+Raiden has better corner carry.
- Cassie has a restand.

All that said, Cassie is a better character in general than Raiden. But just match up wise, I don't see anything in Cassie's kit that shuts down or even modifies Raiden's general game plan. I don't think Cassie is so much better in general to make it a 6-4. It always feels like a 5-5 to me, but of course that's subjective.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
I'm not sure if cass loses to anyone.

I could maybe see EB but idk. I def don't think she loses to Cetrion and I'm not sure jade beats her either even though the matchup takes a lot of getting used to. Don't really think reborn beats her either.

Just because a character has an answer for gun shot doesn't mean the matchup is good for them. She's still insane in mid range and up close and has killer okizeme.

You've got some splainin to do
Right away.
He have better zoning, and counter her pretty well. You can see that where they are both on low hp and SonicFox try to close the distance, while ninja run back and relying on projectiles(zoning).
Liu Kang can send low and high fireball in the same time, Cassie cant do. And Cassie "low" shot is actually a mid, so you can block it even if you can stand still, which is a huge advantage to Liu Kang, because his down fireball its actually a low shot and you need to crouch to block. And most importantly Liu Kang have direct counter to Cassie Cage "low" shot, and you can counter her everytime she decide to shot if you are in a range, and that dragon kick range is fu** insane.
Liu Kang beat her in that department and it beat her big time. He have better zoning and he have a direct counter that do a tons of damage to Cassie "low" zoning.

On neutral/footsie i think its close, but Cassie took that department.

In terms of combo and combo damage - Liu Kang for sure. He had better variety and his Op combo is a low that have really fast start. His all string are pretty safe and his attack are very fast and its very hard to take "turn" when he is pressuring you.
Both lacks OH, but both have one Cassie in a bad and easy to block combo, and Liu Kang in Shaolin Stance.
What is so strong about Liu Kang is that character simply can covert every f hit that caught you. His combo are sh** easy and its a zero chance to drop one, which again is a big + for him, unlike Cassie combos that are actually hard and some of her string are hard to convert if you miss the moment.

And what really makes the difference between two character and makes Liu Kang so imba strong and dangerous is his insane KB and FB.
While Cassie Cage have 1 viable KB and you simply cant convert into combo, Liu Kang have KB on his Dragon Kick, he have on Bicycle Kick, he have KB on his High Kick on Chinese Warrior combo.
And the big problem here is that he can combo on his KB. Oh almost forget he also have KB on his both throws if you failed to escape ....
And here we come to his bread and butter his - FB. One of the strongest in the game. While most FB if done on combo damage is lowering, Liu Kang damage is not touched, even if he do it on 300 combo already .... This is f* insane and every game its like he is starting the set with 1 round to him.
Also his FB is fast as hell, its just 16f start up and if he miss by some miracle its insanely hard to punish him.
Cassie Cage FB have 32f start up and you can see it from plane that is coming. Its sucks hard and its even hard to land it on combo, because of her slow start up. If you blocked its full punishable.
And the only way to land it on combo its early in the combo, and you cant do great damage with it, unlike Liu Kangs one.

Forget the Anti-Air department but i think its obvious that Liu Kang is a king there.
Anyone with real argument are free to oppose me.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Jade beating Cassie is fiction in either variation, but Yaas Queen definitely ain't fraid of no glow.

References boys and grils.

View attachment 15413

She loses to Spring Cleaning Cetrion, 52KPU Erron, DoW Sub and Reborn Scorpion. The rest is even or in her favour. But this is just my opinion, what do you all think?
Looks good, I agree with my two characters. Bone Picker Baraka versus Cassie is very fun.

Last time I saw Reborn Scorpion versus Digital Soldier was at Combo Breaker, looked super irritating.