What's new

Who do you see use the most?

I am unlike all of you in terms of what I see in the new players. As a matter of fact, I rarely see Robot Smoke anymore, but perhaps this is because I am playing Ranked less and less. Here's what I have been seeing:

5. Sindel
4. Tie: Reptile and Liu Kang
3. Human Smoke
2. Kabal
1. Unmasked Sub Zero

Scorp is fo noobs, H.Smoke is for vets.
That's why it's fun to play as him; it provides a challenge as you cannot rely on uppercutting. Instead you have to rely on autocombos and punishing special moves. Of course, it is indeed pointless to play as him in ranked.

The Story goes like this...
You pick Robo Smoke...The other person picks Robo Smoke
You pick Sub Zero...The other person picks Robo Smoke
You pick Kabal...The other person picks Sub Zero
You pick anyone else...the other person picks Sub Zero, Robo Smoke, or Kabal.

I think you get the point. :wink:

I've been seeing alot more freaking Scorpions then Robot Smokes now.. and almost all of them do the same thing.
(telepunch, dash, combo, spear possibly, try to get a hit, repeat.)
But yeah, top 3 for me are Scorpion, Robot Smoke, Human Smoke. :p

Derek

Noob
I play U. Sub everyday. What shames me is that they all play the same predictable way. I played some guy the other day and un-muted my headset at the start of round one to say "High punch Ice Clone" and then he quit. I think I've played just about every U. Sub on XBL and can safely say Annihilator83's U. Sub is the only one that has ever given me trouble.

I've been trying to learn to use U Sub effectively lately, getting better with him and find him actually pretty fun to use when he's not played like every other scrub uses him. Though I'm still nothing special with U Sub either way. =\

There was this one Usub player from this site.. I think Dragonf0rce(now nineball?) His strategy was pretty excellent and original. I've recently learned Usub trying to encorporate his style of rushing and corner containment.

uSub is a bitch. TOO many pick him, and only 8% of them are decent with him. People like Annihlator83, EWAShock, FeeltheCrash, Enigma etc... are the only really good ones online. There may be alittle more but its not much.

OMG what is up with all the Scorpion n00bs nowadays? People pick him and do the same shit with him and lose. LMAO. Only good scorpion I have seen was Pajaromayor and DustinW56 had a decent one also.

N1nja Lord said:
uSub is a bitch. TOO many pick him, and only 8% of them are decent with him. People like Annihlator83, EWAShock, FeeltheCrash, Enigma etc... are the only really good ones online. There may be alittle more but its not much.
Usub's pretty easy to learn imo. I mean.. The thing most people don't see coming is an iceclone after a blocked combo.

The most annoying people online are the ones that constantly jump into my anti air HK. It's not because they do it twice in a row expecting me not to do it again. It's that they try to JK me 8 times in a row and never learn to stop doing it.

robosmoke, human smoke, ermac, and lately sub0.

i like jax and u-sub0.

i used to be pretty decent with sub-0, but since i broke my hand i have a hard as hell time being aggressive with him. my style was completely different than anyone elses i have saw.

I don't play very much online, but I see Robo Smoke and U Sub-Zero picked a lot. I can't get online and play without playing them at least 2-3 times

RoGE

Noob
I don't have XBL or a crapbox 360, but if people kept picking smoke on me then I would just U. Sub and do some pop up infs on them.