What's new

Who are your TOP 5 Most interesting NRS characters?

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Characters make fighting games fun.

And I want to know which ones you love the most <3

So name 5 characters from all 5 NRS games that you find most interesting.

Characters that were always on your mind.

Characters that you were excited to lab the most.

Characters that would keep you watching a stream when you would’ve otherwise turned it off.

Characters you simply love to see.

There are 3 rules:

1. Order your list from 1 to 5.

2. Alongside the characters name, mention which game they’re from.

3. Give a brief explanation of why you chose each character.

I’ll start:

1. Kabal - MK9:
Nomad dash cancels, nuff said.

2. Batman - INJ1:
Batman was always interesting to me because the results you got with him were directly correlated to player skill. (After the J2 Nerf) It was always fun opening people up WITHOUT traditional 50/50s. My ideal fighting game would be full of Batmans.

3: Takeda - MKX:
This character was a good example of variations done right. Very flashy move set and fun to watch even though I never played him.

4: ZOD - Inj:
ZOD was swaggy af. OP but took a lot of intelligence to play (Excluding some match ups) Awesome throw and awesome outro.

5: Lobo - Inj:
Didn’t play Lobo either but he was cool as hell! Swaggy combos, very unique play style, and a flashy move set. Awesome outro.

Honorable Mentions: Scarecrow INJ2, Killer INJ 1 Frost, Liu Kang-MKX, Raiden - MKX, Noob Saibot - MK9, Flash - INJ1, SHAZAM - INJ1, Nightwing INJ1

Post yours below.

1. Scorpion - He's a fucking fighting, burning skeleton. (or used to be. Actually modern Scorpion is lame as fuck but I still pretend he's a burning skeleton)
  2. Smoke - He's got white hair and shit. I don't know the story, but he's got white hair and looks cool. Fuck robot Smoke though.
  3. Johnny Cage - Had my favorite episode in the MK shorts on YouTube (this one
    ) and I loved Van Damme movies as a kid.
  4. Shang Tsung - He can morph into people and shit so you have to be a master of the game in order play him!
  5. Jax - He punches people in the face!
Yeah that's basically everything I care about in fighting game characters. I'll learn any playstyle as long as I think the character looks cool.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. Mileena from MK9, cause I love this bitch and she was great there :p
  2. Killer Frost , from Igau : she had a crazy good gameplay, and a very good looking , so ....
  3. Cassie Cage, from MKX, much better version than MK11, both gameplay as well aesthetics like, hehe
  4. Harley Quinn, Injustice 2: weird gameplay, very good look presentation and nice outfits
  5. Sonya, MK11: she is pure badass, very good gameplay, and that nostalgic MK3 outfit, oh my, so good ! ;)

Amplified$hotz

1. Scorpion - He's a fucking fighting, burning skeleton. (or used to be. Actually modern Scorpion is lame as fuck but I still pretend he's a burning skeleton)
  2. Smoke - He's got white hair and shit. I don't know the story, but he's got white hair and looks cool. Fuck robot Smoke though.
  3. Johnny Cage - Had my favorite episode in the MK shorts on YouTube (this one
    ) and I loved Van Damme movies as a kid.
  4. Shang Tsung - He can morph into people and shit so you have to be a master of the game in order play him!
  5. Jax - He punches people in the face!
Yeah that's basically everything I care about in fighting game characters. I'll learn any playstyle as long as I think the character looks cool.
Wow! That was a really cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Nice list I forgot scorpion used to be an angry skull man.

Amplified$hotz

1. Mileena from MK9, cause I love this bitch and she was great there :p
  2. Killer Frost , from Igau : she had a crazy good gameplay, and a very good looking , so ....
  3. Cassie Cage, from MKX, much better version than MK11, both gameplay as well aesthetics like, hehe
  4. Harley Quinn, Injustice 2: weird gameplay, very good look presentation and nice outfits
  5. Sonya, MK11: she is pure badass, very good gameplay, and that nostalgic MK3 outfit, oh my, so good ! ;)
Do you have a thing for women or is that just pure coincidence :DOGE

Sonya Blade Umk3 or mkvsdcu that up angled bicycle kick was sooo cool.
Cassie Cage MKX I've said it before probably the best use of the variation system for me. Got gimmicks from spec ops and just low tier fun. Execution with Hollywood and just great situational tools IE Ex glow kick near the corner The ability to use IA Guns changed whole matchups Cassie was as close to shes as good as you make her I've ever seen or played. Brawler for the extra mix
Captain Cold mainly just because of SF. Like him being him and finding a tool set to create bad MUs and him even being able to steal a game in a non favorable match up is crazy. its like when he "discovered" kitana for Tanya just the Capt cold wasn't great
Skarlet mk9 and mk11
Solomon Grundy inj1

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So name 5 characters from all 5 NRS games that you find most interesting.

Characters that were always on your mind.

Characters that you were excited to lab the most.

Characters that would keep you watching a stream when you would’ve otherwise turned it off.

Characters you simply love to see.
1. D'Vorah - MKX
While her MK11 design is infinitely superior, MKX Venomous D'Vorah's gameplay is what first attracted me to the character. Mind games, death by 1000 cuts but still decent combo potential, restands into pressure, weird mixups, a D4 to beat all other D4s that have ever and will ever exist, the ovipositors -- D'Vorah had one of my favorite kits of all time and I demand she be a staple roster slot moving forward.

2. Kitana - MK9
I like to zone. People hate me for it. I live for it. MK9 Kitana had unbreakable, full-screen, 20-25%+ damage fan-only combos on top of her obscene combo potential. What a fuckin queen.

3. Jade - MK11
As Elton John said, the bitch is back; and she's sporting some of my favorite outfits for her of all time (falling just behind UMK3 costume). She's also finally showing more of her bodyguard / assassin style in combat which is super satisfying.

4. Fujin - MK11
Holy shit, NRS. You don't gotta have the wind boi style THAT hard on everyone! The most aesthetically satisfying character to play in any fighting game I've played, Fujin came into the modern era with a vengeance.

5. Scarecrow - IJ2
I'll be honest. I hate IJGAU and IJ2. I didn't enjoy basically anything of either game.. except playing Scarecrow. The setups, attack range, restand, mindgames, guaranteed win cheese with trait -- Scarecrow was a hoot to play. Also, holy fuck that voice acting.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Human Smoke, MKX Triborg Cyber Sub Zero, Blue Beetle, Atom, MKX Dualist Liu Kang.

I really only played Human Smoke, but I always enjoyed watching gameplay of the other characters, found their gameplan more interesting.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
1 - Ermac (he’s many and we are but one)

2 - Geras (guy can’t be killed and has dope specials)

3 - Scarecrow (best looking special move in the whole game in his command grab)

4 - D’vorah (nasty bug lady)

5 - Johnny (best trashtalker in the whole mk universe)

MK9- Raiden
Inj- Lex Luthor
MKX- Ferra Torr
Inj2- Bane
MK11- Kotal

Lex is the most interesting design NRS has ever done imo.

I waffle between Cold and Bane for I2. I honestly think it's Bane now.

Changed to Kotal for MK11 because all three variations are interesting, but Sheeva in V1 is still close

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Lex by a country mile. So much interesting stuff with that character, didn't play like the rest of the case at all.

Blood God Kotal was a big stand out in MKX. Very different way to play, felt like a boss character.

Brainiac also had a lot of interesting/quirky tools, fun times.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
1. MK9
Too many for me to choose from. Might edit this later

2. Injustice
Only recently got this game and I'm not familiar with it enough yet

3. MKX - Xenomorph, closely followed by Ermac
I tend to have decent success with these characters and I fucking love the way that the xenomorph crawls in a slithery way and the queen fatality is sick as fuck.

4. Injustice 2 - Scarecrow
There's a lot to choose from, but I love the entire aesthetic NRS created for him. I played this game quite a bit and it is part of the reason I "rediscovered" fighting games, but I haven't touched this game in 2 years. He was always the standout to me, but I'm struggling to remember his gameplay

5. MK 11 - Shao Kahn
Sure he's not the best, but he's one of the more fun characters to play. Plus, I just love hitting motherfuckers with that hammer

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Kotal Kahn: the sun ray and totems made me love him instantly during mkx beta showcase.
Lex Luthor: coolest set up character. Loved playing him.
Shang tsung: mk9/mk11 As long as this character can morph into other characters in some way, he will always be cool to me.
Ferra/Torr: a pretty ambitious character by nrs standards, and I think they were executed quite well. Pain and gain is one of my fave moves in mkx.
Mileena. This character has only 3 signature moves and yet she always turns out to be one of my most played characters. Shes always very fun with my favorite mk personality

Last edited:

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
Ferra/Torr is the dumbest MK character of all time. I have no idea how someone can like that shit

"BLEED YOU" shut the fuck up midget bitch. "Hey let's have a low IQ character," said NRS after viewing fighting game forums.

NoCharge

Noob
Too hard to pick just 5....

MK9- Johnny/Smoke
IGAU- GL/Nightwing
MKX- Johnny/Kano
I2- GL/ Atrocitus
MK11- Johnny/Kano

We need human Smoke back, none of that robot trash.
MK9 hairstyle Smoke too. Fuck the haters.
Also I'm a +6 kind of guy, so Shao Kahn and Doomsady are the best :D Maul the plebs!

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
  1. Kitana - MKX / MK9 / MK2 / MK11 / MKA
  2. Mileena - MK9, MKX, MK2
  3. Tanya - MKX
  4. Ashrah - MKD / MKA
  5. Raiden - MK2 / MK4
Honourable mention - Ermac MK9,

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
1. Cheetah – Injustice 2 – I just loved the burst damage ability. With bar and a couple good reads she could just steamroll an opponent. Seeing Bio use her at Vienaltiy was a treat.

2. Black Canary – Injustice 2 – To me she’s the epitome of what a Vortex character should be. Not a lot of safety, unsafe 50/50 options, needs to fight to get in, but has a real chance to mix the opponent to death once she gets rolling. Raptor had some great stuff with her.

3. Lex – Injustice 1 – Just such a strange character, so reliant on setups. Just so fun to see such an unorthodox character try and compete.

4. Cyborg – Injustice 2 – Epitome of the fundamental zoner. Stubby limbs and not a great wakeup, but really rewarding if you understood full screen footsies, pressure, and trades. I watched a Cyborg v Cyborg mirror last summer on those weekly tournaments Aquaman and Echo were doing, it was absolutely crazy.

5. Jacqui Briggs – MKX – Very underused character, but could hit like a truck. HeyGeorge used her in some MKX tournament one time, it was pretty great.

Honorable mention: Sonya MKX, Ferra Tor MKX, every single character in Injustice 2.