What's new

Who are your main (s), and why?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I just now started really figuring out who I'd play. Deejay, Fei Long, Hugo, Rolento. I've messed around with Guy, Cody, Sakura, and prolly a few others. I'll probably like SFV more though.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Zangief because I love the feeling when you finally get in and bring the pain after a round where you've been kept out. Plus mashing ultra during a jump in or focus attack and having it hit makes me super hype. And because AA'ing is a weakness I have as a FG player and you're not jumping on me with lariat or Ultra 2. Not in my house, homie. And he's just cool as fuck generally.

Also, Balrog because I wanted to learn a charge character and Guile's motions make my hand cramp on pad so I picked my 2nd favorite charger.

I'd like to learn either akuma oni or evil ryu at some point just because they look significantly cooler than most of the cast

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Zangief because I love the feeling when you finally get in and bring the pain after a round where you've been kept out. Plus mashing ultra during a jump in or focus attack and having it hit makes me super hype. And because AA'ing is a weakness I have as a FG player and you're not jumping on me with lariat or Ultra 2. Not in my house, homie. And he's just cool as fuck generally.

Also, Balrog because I wanted to learn a charge character and Guile's motions make my hand cramp on pad so I picked my 2nd favorite charger.

I'd like to learn either akuma oni or evil ryu at some point just because they look significantly cooler than most of the cast
Gief is awesome, and with his inclusion in SFV, Im thinking of learning him some. I love Oni's look.. I just hate Oni. He's so damn busy, and so little health. If I ever decide to learn a shoto, outside the obligatory Ryu everyone learns.. I'll prob pick up Akuma. He falls between Ryu and E.Ryu in terms of execution. The whole planet plays E.Ryu, but only a tiny handful play him right. Most people I run in to play him like you'd play regular Ryu.. if you cant, or aren't willing, to base your entire game plan on getting two bars, then FADCing a fireball, why play E.Ryu? If you aren't doing his FADC stuff he's a Ryu that does inferior damage in SHORT combos, and has less health =/

All I play now is Decapre and Yang. I wouldnt mind having a Blanka though.. I used to HATE him, until I saw Cast Blanka play him and started watching his stream.. Ever since then, Ive seen what Blanka can do in a good players hands and it really opened my eyes.. Most Blanka's are insane, gimmick humping lunatics, but Cast plays a grounded, patient, footsie based Blanka that incorporates his gimmicks into a mean nuetral and oki game. Super impressed after seeing him played that way. Sadly though, Blanka's links are a *bitch*.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I just now started really figuring out who I'd play. Deejay, Fei Long, Hugo, Rolento. I've messed around with Guy, Cody, Sakura, and prolly a few others. I'll probably like SFV more though.
Deejay =[. I enjoy his over-all feel and his move-set but the poor guy just got stiffed. Now, SFIV is pretty balanced after all this time, so Deejay can still function, but he is in strong contention for the worst character in the game. Hugo is probably my favorite character that I dont play.. He's just so damn fun, and in good hands, he can do SERIOUS work. st.mp reaches almost half the screen and does 120 damage. Nothing, NOTHING more fun than tapping them back with rapid jabs, then coming right behind 'em with a st.mp bitch slap. So satisfying.

Started with Rufus in vanilla sf4 and stuck with him until Ultra Street Fighter 4. My main is/was Rolento, I don't play sf4 anymore.

Other character I mained were ( in order of most to least used:

Honda (all iterations)
Viper (all iterations)
Rose (ssf4 and a bit of usf4)
Gen (Vanilla)

I love using Rufus because the dive kick and ex messiah kick yomi is fun. I stopped using him in ultra because he gets weaker and weaker each version.

Honda because he can poke into hundred hands like Gen and Gen was nerfed to hell in ssf4. He also have strong pokes, good defense and good offense until the later versions. He also does well vs most of the characters that give Rufus a hard time. Also, most people don't know the Honda matchup and/or play it wrong.

Viper simply because she has so many options, very freestyle and fun. Unfortunately you have to be an execution monster to use her. My execution is two tiers behind.

Rose because she had great footsies. Unfortunately her lack of defensive moves in vanilla and sf:ae held her back. Fighting against ae akuma and his retarded vortex/unblock able/option select 3in1 was like pissing in the wind. Her u2 in ssf4 was a godsend defensive move that was removed in ae. In ultra, vortexes were generally weakened and she had a major damage buff making her viable again.

Vanilla Gen because he had great footsies and a lot of good tools. Post vanilla sf4, he changed for the worst.

My main is Rolento because he is my favorite character in any fighting game by far. There is nothing more satisfying than beating up some generic headband martial arts warrior with a steel pipe and matching their fireballs with your throwing knives. I had waited 6 years for Rolento to return to SF4 and another year for him to be viable (2nd console patch). Hopefully I won't need to wait another 7 years for his return in SF5.

I main Guile because I am the person who has been cueing the guile theme for the last 7 years whenever an amazing comeback happened

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I main Cody, his play style is simple and he's a Johnny Cage-like character.

All other Street Fighter games its definitely Akuma. I main him because growing up he was Ryu's counterpart (my brother's main, soooo)

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Bipson, Oni, and Cody on the side.

Cody is mad easy to play

Oni is hype as fuck and huge damage

Bison is a troll master and you only need 1 button to win.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Guy. Because he fights for good and justice. He wants to redeeme his best friend. He is badass ninja and master of martial arts. He is stylish and his game plan during matches reminds me Dragon's Fire Liu Kang. His 1st alternative with kunais in red color is the best thing ever. He is the closest thing of being a heroic protagonist after Ryu. THIS IS BUSHINRYU!

If he is not in SF5, I will main Ryu, because lore wise he is heroic and protagonistic equivalent of Liu Kang. But Guy just has everything great from appearance to gameplay. He has cool quotes and taunt moves. Guy just has very stylish animations and he Ultras are sick.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
@GreatKungLao,agreed.
Guy is one of the coolest characters in sf4 and his pressure with run stop although gimmicky is swag as fuck.
I also play rufus,seth and adon.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Abel

I like having Cmd grappler that doesn't need command grabs to win.

Also that he had a great space game but he can hurt/pressure you bad when he gets in

Birdie be taking his place