What's new

Who are your main (s), and why?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just what it says, who do you consider your main character(s) is and why have you settled on them?

I'll start us out..

Decapre for starters.

Why? Weelllllll, she's ridiculous. I'm a new player and I found her to be a great mix of solid tools that are easily made effective, coupled with incredible depth, letting me utilize her in different ways as I get better and better at the game.

In the lower echelon of play, jumping is too much of a thing, and god help you if you jump at her. She controls the skies. Air throw, stinger, AA normals, etc.

She also gets solid damage off basic combos. You dont need an Abel 1frame link, 7 part combo to get decent damage. If you're damn good, she has some crazy options, but you can jab, plink MP x RH into air throw for close to 300 damage, none of the links being tight. You can DK into the same thing. Or crossup LK. Got two bars? A nj.FP or ji.FP or RH will turn in to 400 damage with fairly lenient timing. Moral being, you don't have to be an execution god to hurt someone on Decapre.

Options. She's got options. Hard to put her in a matchup or situation where she doesn't have some tool that will work.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Juri, i spent 10 years doing tae kwon do so i feel a connection to her. On top of that she is fun to use, looks cool, and is super crazy and sadistic.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Chun Li, Juri, Mileena, Kitana, Taki, Viola, Amy, Kasumi, Christie, Helena, Catwoman, Harley.

I don't mean to, but I basically pick every annoying to fight against girl in any roster. It's a gift.

EntropicByDesign

I tried Juri when I first started, and she was just too difficult for my newb ass to use.

Sagat is a character I REALLY want to learn. I like his playstyle and tool kit a LOT.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Sakura. Why play footsies when I can jump at you, get a counter hit and a combo for 350+....oh & frame traps for daysssssss.

Evil Ryu. What can I say I love them one frame links :D

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Juri, since I'm automatically attracted to psycho chicks in games. Rose because she just clicked with me. And Cody because he's Cody

EntropicByDesign

I also play Ryu.. I think most new players should learn Ryu. I know my game in general has leveled up a lot across all characters because of him. He's never really out of control in any situation, tools for everything and SIMPLE tools at that. Not many tricks with Ryu.

Sakura, as mentioned before, I play a lot too. She's incredibly unsafe, but she's never out of it. Any time you touch the opponent it can convert in to big damage. 200-250 unmetered/ultra'd easily off a jab, or a long range cr.mk, or 300-480 depending on meter and Ultra situation. Decent tools, and, ultimately, with Sakura, just a hell of a lot of fun.

I mess around with a small group of other characters. Cody was actually my first main. I dropped him after a while though, he just didnt click with me. I LOVE Abel, but I'm just not good enough to make him work yet. I'll likely revisit him at some point, my wakeup game is getting better and I think Abel is basically about two things, the F.MKxDash Cancelx(TT, CoD, CoD FADC Ultra, etc) which is a one frame link and a bitch to hit consistently for me and his ability to pressure and mixup on wakeup. My execution is getting better and so is my wakeup game. Some day Abel. Some day. Rufus is a ton of fun, but I'm no where near good enough in general to make him work.. I play Sim and troll, I ONLY tele and throw.. I'll use a few normals just to build space, but.. ima tele in and throw. Its not about winning, its about throwing. And teleporting.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Decapre. Because huge fucking facial scars really get me off.
But for serious though, IMO, she has the mindgame-based tools in the game, and that's how I like to play my FGs.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
I play tons of characters in SF, but if I had to pick one as my main, I'd pick Cammy. I love everything about this character. She's basically my SF's Sonya.