What's new

Who Are Your Favorites To Make An Impact In The Competitive Scene?

With MK11 on the horizon, there will be new players and returning favorites to burst onto the competitive scene.

Who are your favorites that might/will return to do great? Or do you have any honorable mentions that nobody knows of yet? Uncle JBeezY has seen some new challengers ready as well as challengerettes ;)

Let's discuss.
definitely reo!

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
You know that's a great question, there's this dude called Heroes I heard he made a couple I2 ESl/Pro Series top 8s but he never played the game seriously enough

Although if MK11 has a run function I heard he's dropping FGs to become a competitive Tetris player

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Dragon if he plays (I don't know what his situation is). Theo if he plays. Scar. Grr. Semij. Rewind. Tweedy. DJT if he comes back. King will collect his share of Top 8s as always. Hayatei.

Big D seems to always show up and leave a mark at some point no matter what game it is.

Keeping an eye on the Commandeur brothers. Also it'd be cool to see Dab reach his full potential in a game (always felt like he was right on the cusp of being top talent-wise, but held back by certain things).

I'm curious to see what Europe will do as they have been getting better all the time, and knocked off major names in both MKX and INJ2.

I also think that a lot of people who haven't played seriously in a while, and think they are coming back in MK11, are going to be surprised by the level of competition we have now in the scene.

It's gonna be hype.

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Detroitballn
Curbolicious
PL
Tom Brady
Reo
Butchered the names but it's been awhile.

All the dudes from mk9 era that started to travel and help build the scine.

Oh and least I forget every single Canadian from NF to BC that compeates online or off.

I was not around during MK9 so i hardly know anything of the scene then.
ok. you can still make up for it ;)
to watch an evo top 16 from a game that you like is always a good thing, especially if you are familiar and involved with the scene.
therefore, get some cold beer and watch the evo 2011 mk top 16 on yt ;)
you will learn a lot about the scene, the players and the game itself.
as a bonus: the more you watch mk9 highlevel matches the more you will understand why some did not like mkx
:DOGE

Aramonde

Noob
I haven't payed attention to competitive Injustice 2 for over a year and half. Who are the NRS players that are/were placing top 8 regularly?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I haven't payed attention to competitive Injustice 2 for over a year and half. Who are the NRS players that are/were placing top 8 regularly?
Most of the guys I listed in that first paragraph, with the addition of Sonic since he's basically a foregone conclusion in every NRS game.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing how Hey George does with MK11. He's been a fairly competative player in MKX and Injustice 2, and seems to have a knack for picking characters that are percieved to be low teir and making them work in tournaments. His tech and execution is always top notch as well.
Did not know he played MKX. Saw his Beatle in IJ2 though and it was a thing of beauty