What's new

Tech Whip Then Dash b2 cross up Corner Combo

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player

I find an amazing tech that will help all Catwoman players to improve upon their Game -play. Basically What you have to do is, When you do a corner combo as you see in the video. You will have to end it with a Whip or a f3 (HKD) in order for the B2 to cross up or Don't cross up to work. This Tech don't work for Catwoman or Batigirl because of the low hit box. Now Once you have ended your corner combo with a whip or a f3 (HKD). You want to dash one time. Once you sense your opponent is about to get up Then you will have to input the b2 and it will cross up. Sometimes it will not cross but it will still hit your opponent. Making your opponent guess. Is it going to cross up or is it not going to cross up. That is the question?

So Enjoy this Amazing Tech. I also Have another tech to upload as well. As you can see in the video. I really don't have to say it. It speaks for itself. :)

Last edited:

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Good find. This is cool. One question though. Did you try recording cat woman doing the combo and then tried to block it normally as the opponent. I only ask because training mode sometimes makes some attacks seem like they are cross up on the cpu in the corner but in when you switch it to human you can actually block it normal like. I think it has to do with the weird invisible wall in the corners.

Ra Helios

Good find. This is cool. One question though. Did you try recording cat woman doing the combo and then tried to block it normally as the opponent. I only ask because training mode sometimes makes some attacks seem like they are cross up on the cpu in the corner but in when you switch it to human you can actually block it normal like. I think it has to do with the weird invisible wall in the corners.
It cross up :)

Ra Helios

Already done by mayo. They can still wake up though in the opposite direction!
If you watch his videos and you watch mines. You will see a big difference.
(.1) he uses a 1f2 which a 1f2 b2 cross up can't happen consistently. He show The video that lex Luther can be punish consistently with a 1f2 b2 cross up. Other character can't . This video I Made all characters can be punish except for catwoman And batgirl by using the whip or f3. Not 1f2. 1f2 you can't do consistently. Two different videos. Plus I already discovered it but I knew that you can't do it consistently now I figure out you can do it consistently by using whip or f3 not 1f2. So i posted here. Also I already watch his video already. Not the same. One you can do consistently and one you can't

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I wouldn't say "different". The concept is basically the same: crossing up with b2 after a hkd. Why do you think ending the combo with a whip makes a difference? Both you and mayo dash forward when you end your combos to b2 after the dash. I still don't see the difference :/

Ra Helios

I wouldn't say "different". The concept is basically the same: crossing up with b2 after a hkd. Why do you think ending the combo with a whip makes a difference? Both you and mayo dash forward when you end your combos to b2 after the dash. I still don't see the difference :/

Well. If you watch his video he had difficult in doiing the b2 cross up on aquaman. With my video there is no difficulties because somehow when you combo with the 1f2 the b2 cross up don't connect right with most of the cast. If you do the f3 and the whip you can punish alot consistently with the cast instead of struggling (missing ) with 1f2. I could have post that video before he did but I knew that that 1f2 b2 cross up have bugs and can't do it consistently with the cast. But today I found a move that can so i decided to share with the audience so they don't have to struggle with the move or don't use it at all.

Ra Helios

Also if a person have to chose between a 1f2 b2 cross up cannot punish the whole cast or a whip ender or a f3 ender that you can do consistently and never drop b2 cross up.What will the audience pick? Also who is going to start a combo with a 1f2. Also when I mean different. How he explain the video it seems you can't do that to the whole cast. You should watch it again. My video it explains you can do it to the whole cast except batgirl and catwoman. Plus if you have a combo that ends with a 1f2 which I have tested before under the mayo video came along. It was real difficult to connect. With the whip and f3 b2 cross up. You can do that consistently instead of struggling. My version is better. I I just Improve what mayo was talking about

Reborn

Noob
Interesting idea but I one thing to note is that the whip ender is combo specific. The optimal meterless corner combo (using CS1) will not work because the extra hits will knock down the opponent for half a second (not allowing you to dash forward) due to the properties of the whip.

EDIT: Apparently letting the second hit of 2 in 112~whip will keep the timing on their knockdown longer and consistent, TIL. Keep in mind that some wakeups will beat this outright but good to have another option in the corner! Also, this can be done (stricter timing) with 1f2 and 12b3 enders.

Last edited:

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Well. If you watch his video he had difficult in doiing the b2 cross up on aquaman. With my video there is no difficulties because somehow when you combo with the 1f2 the b2 cross up don't connect right with most of the cast. If you do the f3 and the whip you can punish alot consistently with the cast instead of struggling (missing ) with 1f2. I could have post that video before he did but I knew that that 1f2 b2 cross up have bugs and can't do it consistently with the cast. But today I found a move that can so i decided to share with the audience so they don't have to struggle with the move or don't use it at all.
Not so odd at all, it all depends on how fast the opponent stands up.
great find btw, it's another great tool against many MUs+it's safe on block (0 on block) :D

So... dirty resets, good air attacks, evasion, catdash, good mix-up, fine AA, tiny hitbox (tinier when back dashing/B3/DD3), good space control for better usage of interactables, high combo damage.
She doesn't feel like a low tier. (Looked for a second character to main, tried KF, she's too boring for me, but this bitch is just fun) Not that I care... My main is HQ.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Not so odd at all, it all depends on how fast the opponent stands up.
great find btw, it's another great tool against many MUs+it's safe on block (0 on block) :D

So... dirty resets, good air attacks, evasion, catdash, good mix-up, fine AA, tiny hitbox (tinier when back dashing/B3/DD3), good space control for better usage of interactables, high combo damage.
She doesn't feel like a low tier. (Looked for a second character to main, tried KF, she's too boring for me, but this bitch is just fun) Not that I care... My main is HQ.
She has great tools but she`s just not built for this game. If she had instant armor on mb dash, she`d be viable. Shes super fun to play with and can hit hard, but her crap mobility is too much. Against a slopyy opponent she can steal the match though. She has to try so hard while so many characters just do what they want.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
She has great tools but she`s just not built for this game. If she had instant armor on mb dash, she`d be viable. Shes super fun to play with and can hit hard, but her crap mobility is too much. Against a slopyy opponent she can steal the match though. She has to try so hard while so many characters just do what they want.
She's hard, yes :( I always end up having to jump or dash (or sometimes cat dash) to close distance.
I'm starting to think that until her opponent closes the distance to close range I should only play with her whips.

Ra Helios

She's hard, yes :( I always end up having to jump or dash (or sometimes cat dash) to close distance.
I'm starting to think that until her opponent closes the distance to close range I should only play with her whips.
Her down forward whip is some trash. I reccomend you use the catstance whip. It covers mid high and low. Down forward whip I reccomend to use for corners so you can try to get that cross up b2

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
She needs her whip to have about a 10-15% range increase to be a true spacing tool and for it to hit mid. Also make catstance 3 have faster whiff recovery and startup frames to be used as a space closing advancing move so she can get in without jumping. Also instant armor on MB Dash. I`d sacrifice the double armor hits for that.

Justice

Noob
She needs her whip to have about a 10-15% range increase to be a true spacing tool and for it to hit mid. Also make catstance 3 have faster whiff recovery and startup frames to be used as a space closing advancing move so she can get in without jumping. Also instant armor on MB Dash. I`d sacrifice the double armor hits for that.
I'd say keep the two hits of armour but put one on each half of the MB Dash. Of course this can't be done since you can delay the MB but it's still a nice dream :)