What's new

Strategy Whiff punishing with back 1,2

Espio

Kokomo
I made this thread before the site crashed and forgot to remake it again till now. I'm big on footsies and whiff punishment so as a player I always look for a string or normal with decent to good range to help ease the process.

I've been using back 1,2 into fireball or grab n punch for the longest time now. I find it superb in the footsie game and have used it to great success against great players if I walk back and make their jump in punch or string whiff.

The recovery on whiff isn't so great(usually the case with most whiff punishers), but it hits crouching opponents and leads to decent damage (24% grab n punch). If you want to keep the opponent standing to try to continue pressuring them, you can sub in a fireball for 18%.

Just figured I'd ressurect my old topic that got lost and also, I wanted to interject some constructive ideas into the forum. I'm still studying Sheeva and working on ways to make her more threatening.

I feel strong footsies and such should be a big focus now with Sheeva, that's mostly what I do and it works well for me.

Feedback is welcome too.

Espio

Kokomo
I honestly just use f4 but I'll probably give this a shot next time I bust her out ^_^
It's on the slow side, so you wanna practice the spacing/timing a bit, but it's an option to check people, make people respect her a bit more.

Forward 4 is good too and sends them packing haha, I love that field goal kick <3.

Espio

Kokomo
You did this to me today during our set...it's pretty legit.
Keen eye for noticing haha, thanks :D.

My Sheeva revolves around footsies, spacing, and whiff punishment as the main aim, I feel that's truly how to play her right.

Anything to make people respect Sheeva and not throw stuff out willy nilly is a win, gotta make people think a lot more to get stuff going with her :).

I dunno if people will find this helpful that play Sheeva, but I'm hopeful it will inspire someone to incorporate it into their game.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
STB Espio I've been recording ALL my sets lately in preparation for SCR and since you are my black gay bff I uploaded it on youtube. And yes Sindelia that is a fabulous idea. Espio and I will def. do that tag match...just for you!

I like 1/12/12B1 a bit more for whiff punishing because like you said the recovery off of a whiffed B12 isn't the best.

For footsies though I like B21+2. Imagine Kitana's F21 hit low, that's what I think of that as.