What's new

Tech "whiff cancel option select" What does it mean to Lex?

Benzo

Vic Stone
My fellow Lex Luthor players. Lets go to the lab with this one. All I've found so far is standing 2 then b,b,MB.
I believe this strategy could prove useful, we need to utilize everything we can to bring this fight back into our hands!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Can you please explain what you mean a bit more clearly? Maybe I'm ignorant, but aren't option selects much more of a thing in the SF engine rather than this MK-esq game?

Option selects should be an input that can result in two different actions depending on what the opponent does (IE, hurricane kick if they get hit, sweep to catch them if they backdash) I'm not sure if what you've described fits the bill. Maybe I don't know how OS's work in Injustice.

Benzo

Vic Stone
Do this. Go to practice mode. Lets say Green Lantern use him. Put him on the wake up attack Lanterns Might. Now knock him down. Now right as he's getting up hit 2 then b,b, MB.
Keep trying it untill you get the feel. From there tell me what else you can find out.

Do this. Go to practice mode. Lets say Green Lantern use him. Put him on the wake up attack Lanterns Might. Now knock him down. Now right as he's getting up hit 2 then b,b, MB.
Keep trying it untill you get the feel. From there tell me what else you can find out.
Now, turn off wake up attack on the AI and you'll notice b,b,MB still comes out even if GL doesn't wake up Lift..

Which basically makes this a wild read and not an option-select.

If you found a way to make the buffer not come out on block and only on hit/on wake up attack then we'd have something really solid but for now this seems to be very gimmicky unfortunately.

MashBot

You're over matched.
this guy is talking a bout the anti wakeup whiff punish? i dont think lex have a move that can cancel the whiff to that will hit them out of they start up inv but his charge.

i take that back im try his mb suck i think that might be a much better cancel, if this work it can be big and bump lex to midhigh tier!