What's new

Which vortex character's vortex is the hardest to react to?

Which vortex character's vortex is the hardest to react to?

• Total voters

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Title is pretty self explanatory. My personal opinion, Sinestro's vortex is a huge pain in the ass for me.

Discuss.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If you can react to a vortex - it's a useless vortex. I'm reacting to all of them btw, because I hate vortex characters.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I think he means that batgirl and killer frost have a high/low based vortex where as sinestro and scorpion have a left/right vortex. When you play against the high/low vortex characters, guessing high/low seems easier because most of the time people block down in this game to avoid widening the gap between characters, giving you a chance of at least guessing right. With the left/right vortex characters, your brain makes walking forward to block the cross up that has not happened yet seem suicidal and if you are blocking down you lose to both sides of the vortex.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
For all true vortexes, it could be really hard to deal with if you do it the right way. Guessing game can be tough for both characters. Imo, I'd say BG and KF would have the hardest execution based on vortexes, but my mind says BG is a way harder to guess right all that shit coming. I never had that trouble against characters with cross-ups vortexes.

BRUTALITY

Banned
I think he means that batgirl and killer frost have a high/low based vortex where as sinestro and scorpion have a left/right vortex. When you play against the high/low vortex characters, guessing high/low seems easier because most of the time people block down in this game to avoid widening the gap between characters, giving you a chance of at least guessing right. With the left/right vortex characters, your brain makes walking forward to block the cross up that has not happened yet seem suicidal and if you are blocking down you lose to both sides of the vortex.
lol wat? its 50/50 either way. forward/back down/back.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Just by picking a character that isn't bottom 5 you never even see Killer Frosts vortex let alone get an attempt at reacting to it

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Considering there vortexs and cannot be reacted to I will say watching Sonicfox play Batgirl and seeing the staggering amount of ways he creates the vortex situation instead of the day 1 low high makes Batgirls vortex's the hardest to 'react' to in this circumstance. And having played Zatanna a fair bit now half the time I can't even tell the dam side some of her shit hits on so I cannot get an solid idea of my competitors habits say with the Sinestro vortex for example making that harder to 'react' to.

TKB

Noob
A true vortex isn't reacted to, but I think what he means is developing an understanding of a players patterns while using the vortex. This may give the illusion of "reaction" because you see a person's tendencies and block accordingly.

I would say batgirl and Zatanna are the craziest; there are just so many options to mix you up in different ways.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
What I meant was who's vortex is the hardest to block. Not about the vortex's 50/50 being high, low, left, or right. A vortex is guess what the hell I'm gonna do and hope you don't guess wrong. That was the point of this thread

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
What I meant was who's vortex is the hardest to block. Not about the vortex's 50/50 being high, low, left, or right. A vortex is guess what the hell I'm gonna do and hope you don't guess wrong. That was the point of this thread
Easy man! lol I'll continue with my previous opinion.. BG and KF are the vortex queens. Their game are deeply based on this.

TKB

Noob
I still say Batgirl and Zatanna. The vortex tier list is:

Batgirl
Zatanna
Sinestro
Killer Frost
Scorpion

You could argue sinestro is better than zatanna's because it's meter less.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I remember when the Scorpion vortex came up in MK9. I told my friend that you can react to b2 or f4~spear and had him try a few loops on me. I failed to react every single time. The next KTP slips said people who think they can react to 17-18 frame moves are dumbasses. Lesson learned. :p

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
imho, vortex's should not exist, resets are ok. Vortex's are like those guys at carnivals who put something under 1 of 3 cups, shuffle em around, and they keep taking your money until you guess the right cup (sometimes u never do and will end up broke)

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
lol wat? its 50/50 either way. forward/back down/back.
I guess I was not clear. You are correct that they are 50/50's and its a guess either way. With Sinestro's vortex you have to block either forwards or backwards. What I was trying to say, is that (for me at least) blocking sinestero's vortex kind of goes against how you fundamentally learn to block in back to to block games. In most back to block games, you block in the opposite direction of where the attack from the opponent connects. And a majority of the time the attack is coming from a limb of the opponent. ( ie, if the attack connects in front of you, you block by holding back. If it hits behind you, you block by holding forward). Sinestro is unique, in that he floats in front of in the air and summons a projectile from behind you. Its the projectile you have block and not sinestro that makes it so difficult for me, because blocking it means you are walking forward towards an opponent who is inches from you. Just seems so counter intuitive. Scorpion's doesn't seem so hard to block because he is attacking you with his body (Its still a guess, but I guess it doesn't cause my brain to stutter or falter like sinestro's does). But thats just me.