What's new

Which Terminator variation will you use?

Variation

• Destroyer (blender)

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Dark Fate (command grab)

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Final Judgment (set ups/traps)

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Destroyer:
Infiltrator Toss
Endo Lunge
Cyber Rift

Dark Fate:
Albi Back Breaker
Death Grip
Running Man

Final Judgment:
Rolling Ion Grenade

Incapacitator

I think I'm going to use Destroyer the most because I want to make all those KL Sonya's and Sub-zero SUFFER.

To whom it may concern, I casually invite you to eat my whole ass. Specifically, Moma Blade and Grandmaster Blueberry Slushie.

Sincerely, your worst nightmare.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Circus already labbing some stuff, Dark Fate has safe mixups, less damage no restand, but still, having safe mixups is going to be really good since he's pretty slow. Destroyer has more damage, a restand, and mixups are less safe than DF.

Hard choice.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm so amped to try out the Command Grab variation. I love grapplers and him having run cancers sounds so sick. I'm hoping his combos are as insane as I'm imagining.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
From everything that I have heard, Dark Fate seems like my immediate choice. Safety, big hugs, mix, and damage...I can just feel the Jason sized hole in my heart shrinking by the minute.
I was thinking Destroyer, but damn DF looks really good right now.

Let's have a hug contest <3

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Df feels really good now that I know wtf I'm doing lol destroyer is gonna be great to counter zoners imo

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Circus already labbing some stuff, Dark Fate has safe mixups, less damage no restand, but still, having safe mixups is going to be really good since he's pretty slow. Destroyer has more damage, a restand, and mixups are less safe than DF.

Hard choice.
I encourage you to join me with the 3rd variation.
He has mad mixup in all 3 variations but has better damage in 1st.

The 3rd has a few setups that leave grenade under them on wakeup which is +27 to +34 on block and I found ways to force guess after or F21+3 OH into CMD Grab String.

He gets very solid starters with Grenade and it seems he is pretty safe overall he just has to commit to the overhead with unsafe specials.
The unblockable projectile is only 14f startup and you can connect it on 24% combos (so far) and that prevents breakaway and wakeups.
I feel the 3rd is very strong.

The grenade seems to explode at 2second mark. Which is very strong. They made the grenade recovery long enough where you can't use most enders to use its plus frames into F2/F3 but if you end with 12xxBF3B you can on certain setups.

But I do feel variation 1 is the best having much higher damage into restands.

Imo I don't feel the running man into punch is that great midscreen but seems strong in the corner.

Do you know how to initiate the T-800 armor mode? Or is that not in his tournament variations?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I encourage you to join me with the 3rd variation.
He has mad mixup in all 3 variations but has better damage in 1st.

The 3rd has a few setups that leave grenade under them on wakeup which is +27 to +34 on block and I found ways to force guess after or F21+3 OH into CMD Grab String.

He gets very solid starters with Grenade and it seems he is pretty safe overall he just has to commit to the overhead with unsafe specials.
The unblockable projectile is only 14f startup and you can connect it on 24% combos (so far) and that prevents breakaway and wakeups.
I feel the 3rd is very strong.

The grenade seems to explode at 2second mark. Which is very strong. They made the grenade recovery long enough where you can't use most enders to use its plus frames into F2/F3 but if you end with 12xxBF3B you can on certain setups.

But I do feel variation 1 is the best having much higher damage into restands.

Imo I don't feel the running man into punch is that great midscreen but seems strong in the corner.

Do you know how to initiate the T-800 armor mode? Or is that not in his tournament variations?
I'll definitely try them all, but I love grappler variations it seems so fun. He has air grabs, more KBs, safe options for his 50/50s I don't know if the grenade set-ups really make up for it. Having lots of anti-air options in this game is pretty strong.

The exoskeleton is a non-tournament move that sucks and costs 2 slots.

LawAbidingCitizen

I'll definitely try them all, but I love grappler variations it seems so fun. He has air grabs, more KBs, safe options for his 50/50s I don't know if the grenade set-ups really make up for it. Having lots of anti-air options in this game is pretty strong.

The exoskeleton is a non-tournament move that sucks and costs 2 slots.
Like most characters I'm finding he doesn't need safe 50/50's since he has base CMD Grabs and CMD Grab Strings with plus frames on block and the ability to take away WU's and Breakaway.
Gotta lab more but I found legit ways to setup grenades that are +34 on block which launch on hit and allow follow up. Still gets mad damage on KB so he doesn't really need the damage and his zoning isn't bad in V3.
I'm finding uses for his B3(10f mid) as well it has about the same range as Liu's B1.
All in all I feel he has Good pressure, setups, mix, mids, AA's, FB Combos, damage, decent range.

His jailing is godlike with D1 being +12 and D3 being +15.
The fact he has a universal CMD Grab is amazing and can't believe he ticks off F3. Remember Kotal had that on his 17f low and they removed it. Bet he has the same OS.

Hot Take:
I honestly don't see any of the variations being below A+ tier.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I casually invite you to eat my whole ass

Lol in all seriousness though probably Destroyer since I like the mix up options and good damage, but Final Judgement is tempting just because denying your opponent all of their meter use seems incredibly strong, and you can combo into that sucker too so t's not something people can simply avoid by ducking.

Ill probably start off learning Destoyer than experiment with Final Judgement a little bit later once I get a better hang of how to play the character.

Zviko

Noob
I still have no idea which one I'll use. Every time I'm like, yes, this is the one, the very next post I see is some insane tech for one of the other variations. Just calm down for a second people...:confused:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I don´t know yet...…. I love setups so V3 looks very interesting but the other 2 variations also look very good.

Arrrgh, first char I seriously don´t know what variation I want to play first - which is good!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I've now spent time on all 3 being the coolest and best. It is confuzzling.

I started liking v3 the most, then v2, then v3 again, now v1. V1 has the easiest, and biggest damage, and now I realize the overhead/low specials don't exist to actually just be overhead/lows, they totally make him a threat from a range as the quake low profiles 90% of projectiles, and the lunge jumps over the other 10%. Once you are already "in" all 3 variations are basically equally scary because of his universal tools, so I feel like rounding him out more with the lunge/quake and plus just ez big damage is nice.

ill probably change my mind in an hour again though

LawAbidingCitizen

@scarsunseen
I'm curious what you have found for Final Judgment so far. There aren't many V3 mains so tech is pretty scarce. I've shared plenty of things in the "T-800 Final Judgment tech thread" but I would really like to see what others can find, I'm sure there is something I missed?

I asked Azeez to lab him up as well and he hasn't found anything I haven't shared yet. But I'm hoping someone can push the envelope with Final Judgment. There is so much potential for this variation its scary.