What's new

Which system will you be playing MK1 on?

Which system will you be playing MK1 on?

• Playstation 5

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • PC

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Switch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Asking because I don't have Ps5 or Xbox series yet, so I have to decide which one to buy. I know if cross play is available in all game modes on day 1, then it won't matter that much. But this might not be the case. So just wondering which system in general will have the most players.

Slick Tony

GT: TheSlickTony - PSN: TH3_AUR3L1U5
Well I am buying it for the Series S but the one with the most players will most definitely be the PS5 do to sheer install base size.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
PS5

I could also get it on the Switch like I did with MK11, but I think I’m just gonna stick with the PS5 this time

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
PS5 masterrrace

As one of the few consoles which NRS is developing the game to (not PC lmao)

I already bought one at the beginning of the month, just waiting patiently for its arrival.

Zviko

Noob
I don't know. I'm deciding between 95€ PC version which would mean great graphics on my good machine but getting treated like shit (no crossplay, no beta, pontentilally a month late patches like for MK11,...)

Or I get PS5 which negates all the negatives above, it's more convenient and it just feels better playing on it. But that means the game would cost me 450€(PS5) + 110€(game) + 60€(PS+) = 620€. That's a very expensive Mortal Kombat if you ask me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't know. I'm deciding between 95€ PC version which would mean great graphics on my good machine but getting treated like shit (no crossplay, no beta, pontentilally a month late patches like for MK11,...)

Or I get PS5 which negates all the negatives above, it's more convenient and it just feels better playing on it. But that means the game would cost me 450€(PS5) + 110€(game) + 60€(PS+) = 620€. That's a very expensive Mortal Kombat if you ask me.
that's gotta suck lmao
i planned my entire 2024 gaming year, until then i will have a ps5 a new stick, a pc and a racing sim, and by 2024 midyear i will get a psvr2
i already have a ps5 and the pc is almost ready, only missing the graphic card and a good power supply adapter (font)

so by the end of the year i will have everything else, but the reason i planned this earlier on, was because of tekken 8, as a content creator i wanted to make better videos, so i'm investing.

mk and sf6 just happened to be released during this year.

Zviko

Noob
that's gotta suck lmao
i planned my entire 2024 gaming year, until then i will have a ps5 a new stick, a pc and a racing sim, and by 2024 midyear i will get a psvr2
i already have a ps5 and the pc is almost ready, only missing the graphic card and a good power supply adapter (font)

so by the end of the year i will have everything else, but the reason i planned this earlier on, was because of tekken 8, as a content creator i wanted to make better videos, so i'm investing.

mk and sf6 just happened to be released during this year.
I just spent like 700€ on a sim racing equipment as well so that's another reason why dropping another 500€+ for a new console right now would be quite a lot. This MK announcement came at the worst time possible for me. :laughing:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just spent like 700€ on a sim racing equipment as well so that's another reason why dropping another 500€+ for a new console right now would be quite a lot. This MK announcement came at the worst time possible for me. :laughing:
i know the feeling, the main reason why i decided to purchase a ps5 now, it's because every new game i wanted to play was announced to be next gen(current gen now) so i though, "well, i guess now i have enough reasons to get a ps5" so went ahead and bought one.

the racing sim it's a dream, my gf loves racing games, and since we are planning on getting married, i know she will love gt7 with psvr2 and a sim, so no matter what i gotta have it, not just because i love it myself, but her passion for racing games it's something we share, i want her to experience first hand, what VR in a racing game feels like, besides we can even startover a new game and collect cars together.

Besides it's enough practice before she go to a driving school as well.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
PS5... but I'll prob get the "final edition" once it is like 5 bucks on steam or w/e many years latter. I think PC is the place to end up at the end of the games life.

Last edited:

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
Ill start on PC as I havent found a reason to buy a console in a long time.

If we dont have any news relative to cross play b the time mid august rolls around i may bite the bullet and grab a PS5 finally

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Is SF6 only only new gen as well? If not, will MK1 be the first fighting game to only be on new gen + Switch/PC?

Is SF6 only only new gen as well? If not, will MK1 be the first fighting game to only be on new gen + Switch/PC?
SF6 is still old-gen. So, I think MK1 is making the bold move on this front.

Edit: Switch will be the weird one out, but it's not done by NRS, so what do they care.

nwo

Noob
This is me as well. I'm not a console hater, but man...I play everything on a sexy suped up PC. Zero reason to get a console...I just wish NRS would join the future and get some cross play.
SF6 has cross play and the beta was released on PC, from what I read the MK1 beta won't be released for PC. To me this just means the game will go the way of MK11 and be dead within 1-2 years of release.

Zviko

Noob
Edit: Switch will be the weird one out, but it's not done by NRS, so what do they care.
Yeah they wish if it was that easy. Port is not done by NRS*, big difference. If you got to the shop on Nintendo, you only see NRS listed as developers. Even on Steam, it's first NRS and then QLOC. And because NRS is way more recognizable, most will still blame NRS if the port is bad simply because not many know it's even a port and that it's not made by the developer themselves.

It would be silly if there's no crossplay between consoles so whether I get it on Xbox or PS will probably depend on. Which one I have plugged in at the time .

If no cross play than PS5 for me

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It would be silly if there's no crossplay between consoles so whether I get it on Xbox or PS will probably depend on. Which one I have plugged in at the time .

If no cross play than PS5 for me
It’d be so awesome if there was PS5, Xbox and PC crossplay. Imagine everyone being able to play against everyone online for the first time in NRS history. And with rollback netcode confirmed, there probably will be tons of online tournaments. I’d actually be surprised if there weren’t NRS ran online events for MK1.

I'll be getting it for Xbox Series X|S. My fiancee will be getting it for her Switch, so I'll be able to check that version out to. Down the road when I do get a new PC, I'll be able to get it there too, unless the Xbox version ends up being an Xbox Play Anywhere title, then there'll be no need.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Asking because I don't have Ps5 or Xbox series yet, so I have to decide which one to buy. I know if cross play is available in all game modes on day 1, then it won't matter that much. But this might not be the case. So just wondering which system in general will have the most players.
My nephew has the Series X and I will say this. It does take up much less space than a PS5. I know the gamepass he can play all his games on his gaming PC too. They also have a lot more games to stream and it is nearly backwards compatable with all previous xbox games. I think it just depends what games you largely play that are console exclusive and controller. I mean... you can always save your money and get both? MK11 looks great on both consoles upgrade IMO. The PS5 though does load games and play PS4 games crazy fast. You can always wait too to see if they will have the crossplay options on all modes. it needs to happen!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
PS5 because:

1. It's usually the tournament console and biggest player base
  2. Most of my MK/Discord friends will be playing on PS5
  3. PC isn't being dev'd by NRS but it's a port and will game updates later
  4. Don't think there's crossplay at launch

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
My nephew has the Series X and I will say this. It does take up much less space than a PS5. I know the gamepass he can play all his games on his gaming PC too. They also have a lot more games to stream and it is nearly backwards compatable with all previous xbox games. I think it just depends what games you largely play that are console exclusive and controller. I mean... you can always save your money and get both? MK11 looks great on both consoles upgrade IMO. The PS5 though does load games and play PS4 games crazy fast. You can always wait too to see if they will have the crossplay options on all modes. it needs to happen!
I took the cheaper way to have both. I have to ps5 but I got the series s too. Just to have it gather dust. My wife will play the s from time to time though. So it's not a total waste