What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Which Sub Zero is in this game? MKXL

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
cool Pic of Sub vs Scorpion:

Does anyone know which sub zero is in this game?

we all know it could very well be Kuai Liang but what if it isn't?

Bi-Han:

Kuai Liang: MKII
, MKIII

I'm at a dead end. I will let you know what i know and i might as well, start from the biginning:

The original Sub Zero was in the Mortal Kombat Tournament for the Lin Kuei. Scorpion killed him in the netherrealm, thinking him to be responsible for Scorpion's(Hanzo) family's murder. Quan Chi revived him as a servent, Noob Saibot. Noob was kicked into soulnado during invasion of earthrealm, Leaving his fate unknown.

Sub Zero's brother: Kuai Liang, then assumed the position of Sub Zero, to avenge his brother's death by Scorpions hand, Who tore out His spine in Shang Tsung's Mortal Kombat tornament. Sub Zero was then captured by Lin Kuei just after he had beaten Scorpion in Shao Kahn's Tournament, and he was changed into you guessed it Cyber Sub Zero. Eventually Evil. He overcame his programming and returned to his normal state of mind to aid his fellow Earthrealm warriors. Sindel kills him during the invasion with an uppercut.

ok how/ who is sub zero that was revived and reverted back top his human form since the last Mortal Kombat event MK9, which took place 25 years prior to MKXL?

if anyone knows this please tell. if you do know this please provide referances or proof from storyline and or MK lore. much appreciated.

• Try looking through Options Extras maybe you have sections unlocked that others don't.
  • Bio's
  • Cut-scenes story mode.
  • Character interactions.

Information gathered:

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

U know that there is a costume in mkx legit called kuai liang
yes but, there has been throwbacks in alot of them. like there is bi han and in MK9 there was MK3 Kuai Liang as just a throw back and not the actual current sub?

I'm just assuming thats the throw back skin and not a confrimation from the story line which is what im looking for.

myri

Time Warrior
Literally Johnny asks Sub how he got uncyberized and Sub says it was the one benefit of Quan's revenant process. Also costume select.

This is not a hard question. Like at all.

MadeOfMetal

It's kuai , there was a lot of pre release hype with ppl thinking it was bi Han
that would be cool. Do you have a storyline confirmation a reference that can be confirmed?

There's an intro between Kung Lao and Sub-Zero where Kung Lao asks about Bi-Han and Liang replies his whereabouts are unknown.
Lol you noticed that too. yeah its a very cool interaction. i liked how they added some of these cool ones.

MadeOfMetal

Literally Johnny asks Sub how he got uncyberized and Sub says it was the one benefit of Quan's revenant process. Also costume select.

This is not a hard question. Like at all.
I said before, Costume select is not a confrimation it can very well be a throwback skin, like i said in the OP im looking for confirmation from storyline.

myri

Time Warrior
I said before, Costume select is not a confrimation it can very well be a throwback skin, like i said in the OP im looking for confirmation from storyline.
Sub says in cutscenes about how he doesn't blame Scorpion for killing his brother or something because it was Quan's fault, I don't remember exactly.

MadeOfMetal

Sub says in cutscenes about how he doesn't blame Scorpion for killing his brother or something because it was Quan's fault, I don't remember exactly.
yeah they kinda left it to guess. we have a huge gap on alot of things with this 25 year gap, even some of the info from characters in our extras and ending in this game contradicts what happened in earlier times of MK lore and what happened at the end of MK9.

I'm hoping someone unlocked some of the Extras in game that i haven't. like i don't have the Feme fatals section unlocked and there is some content by the NPC section i havent got unlocked and well many character bio information filler for the story gap that this game fills for some of the roster.

myri

Time Warrior
yeah they kinda left it to guess. we have a huge gap on alot of things with this 25 year gap, even some of the info from characters in our extras and ending in this game contradicts what happened in earlier times of MK lore and what happened at the end of MK9.
Nope, no guess, I just checked.

"Quan Chi is responsible for Bi-Han's death."

Straight from MKX cutscene.

MadeOfMetal

so
Nope, no guess, I just checked.

"Quan Chi is responsible for Bi-Han's death."

Straight from MKX cutscene.
so Quan and Hanzo are both responsible for two separate occasions of Bi-Han's death? interesting. i hope someone finds out in MKXL lore or earler work if there is info to suggest Kuai Liang is this Sub or if another assumed the Role.

Good work so another piece of the puzzle is filled in that 25 year gap:)

myri

Time Warrior
so

so Quan and Hanzo are both responsible for two separate occasions of Bi-Han's death? interesting. i hope someone finds out in MKXL lore or earler work if there is info to suggest Kuai Liang is this Sub or if another assumed the Role.

Good work so another piece of the puzzle is filled in that 25 year gap:)
Noooooooo, Quan is responsible and Scorpion isn't because Scorpion was deceived by Quan which is why he killed Bi-Han. You're really trying to make something out of nothing here.

MadeOfMetal

Noooooooo, Quan is responsible and Scorpion isn't because Scorpion was deceived by Quan which is why he killed Bi-Han. You're really trying to make something out of nothing here.
ohh i get what you are saying, your talking about how Quan tricked Scorpion into thinking Sub was responsible with the vision. and Calm down im just another MK fan that loves the lore.

myri

Time Warrior
ohh i get what you are saying, your talking about how Quan tricked Scorpion into thinking Sub was responsible with the vision. and Calm down im just another MK fan that loves the lore.
Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. I just think it's a question with a really obvious answer and plenty of story points to back it up, that's all.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Really? I mean, I am Bi-han's fan N1, but there is just no way this is him.

Around 8:56:

Scorpion: I killed your brother because I thought he...

Sub-Zero: Quan Chi is responsible for Bi-Han's death

This is Kuai Liang, there is no room for speculation.

MadeOfMetal

Really? I mean, I am Bi-han's fan N1, but there is just no way this is him.

Around 8:56:

Scorpion: I killed your brother because I thought he...

Sub-Zero: Quan Chi is responsible for Bi-Han's death

This is Kuai Liang, there is no room for speculation.
thanks for the video that's one of the parts of the story that tells about the vision i was talking about. when Quan gave Scorpion a vision of Sub Zero riding on horse and killing his family, cept Scorpion didn't know it was a false vision and sought out Bi-Han for his families death.

Lokheit

Noob
Are we having this conversation this late after release? If all the intros weren't enough, Scorpion and Sub-Zero finally bury the axe and Hanzo apologizes to Kuai Liang for killing Bi-Han...

PS: I'm glad it is Kuai Liang, my fav character in both timelines due to really strong story developement, Bi-Han should keep being Noob and who knows what cool stories he could have after he returns from wherever the soulnado took him.

MadeOfMetal

anyways i have long thought its Kuai Liang and there still is a gap, and the one in story mode does look like him with the scar i guess ill never really get the confirmation but i do hope we get Bi-Han back maybe on KP3 we could get Frost and Noob Saibot(Bi Han). along with maybe, Sindel, Rain, and possibly Nightwolf/Fujin/Stryker/Kabal or a guest character or 2.