What's new

Question Which Stage Best Suits Scorpion?

Plop

Noob
So I was churning out some ranked games earlier and for the most part I just went with the random stages or whichever ones my opponents were choosing. Before Scorpion came along I was doing this with Joker and Harley and never really noticed any particularly favorable/unfavorable stages for those 2 characters (except maybe Joker, he works well with some kind of background bounce interactable for untechable teeth setups, but that's it really).

Scorpion however, is another story. Stages like Arkham/Joker's Asylum I believe are really bad for Scorpion due to the fact that he can't smash or blow anything up or anything like that while most of the other characters can. I'm not sure I used a single interactable all evening, but got blown up by plenty myself. I honestly believe that several of the matches I lost were because the stage selection was so out of my favor.

Which stages do you guys think best favor Scorpion? I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Wayne Manor maybe?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
In Metropolis, Scorpion can use the machinegun APC on the left to set up a wallbounce into vortex without using meter.
He can also end combos for more damage by cancelling jumping 3 into a divekick, obtained through the floating car on the right.
If anyone tries to throw these things at him, he can punish with his teleport.
Metroplois, Street.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
As mentioned, Arkham pig and Atlantis.

Metropolis is bad.
Why?
The fear of being stage transitioned to a less advantageous area?
I think the opponent being able to throw the cars gives Scorpion the advantage, for teleport punishes.
Punishing the gadget characters usage of this floating car may be trickier, though.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Why?
The fear of being stage transitioned to a less advantageous area?
I think the opponent being able to throw the cars gives Scorpion the advantage, for teleport punishes.
Punishing the gadget characters usage of this floating car may be trickier, though.
I'm speaking on experience, not theorycrafting. The hitbox on cars is REALLY big, and I found while trying to teleport punihs (even a delayed teleport) still gets you hit. Add in that if you do get taken to the rooftop, the interactables work heavily in the favour of power characters. Metropolis is especially a nightmare against Doomsday, which I already feel is one of his bad matchups.

Scorpion just can't take advantage of the stage anywhere near as much as Gadget or Power characters. It may not be as bad for him as it is for other characters, but it's as bad as it's going to get for him.

Plop

Noob
Yeah the tree in Themiscyra (or however you spell it) is hard to punish too. It results in a trade alot of the time

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I would have thought the Tele punish would make a lot of this irrelevant for Scorp. Everytime your opponent tries to grab a TV off the wall or scoop up a robot you get a free combo.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I would have thought the Tele punish would make a lot of this irrelevant for Scorp. Everytime your opponent tries to grab a TV off the wall or scoop up a robot you get a free combo.
It truly depends on the interactables. Some are too big, and if the teleport whiffs you eat the damage anyway.

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
any stage where you can R1 background bounce so you can save a bar of meter and do an easy 37% into another vortex.

again...any stage with background R1 bounce

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so far my fav stage with scorpion is the hall of justice.
the things he can do with the moving robot vacuum thingy are just so swag...and dirty lol

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Hall of Justice is good to make them jump. Atlantis is HIGHLY over rated and for people who don't like to think. Some people say it's because it's symmetrical, but it's not the only symmetrical stage. I like going to Themyscira - Port and keep hurling barrels at them like Donkey Kong. There are like 4-6 of them there! Scorpion rolls them on the ground, forcing them to jump. You can bait so easily with them.

Plop

Noob
Hall of Justice is good to make them jump. Atlantis is HIGHLY over rated and for people who don't like to think. Some people say it's because it's symmetrical, but it's not the only symmetrical stage. I like going to Themyscira - Port and keep hurling barrels at them like Donkey Kong. There are like 4-6 of them there! Scorpion rolls them on the ground, forcing them to jump. You can bait so easily with them.
aha! Now that is the kinda information i was after! I'll be sure to try that!