What's new

Which of the newcomer characters revealed so far is the most exciting to you?(updated)

Which new characters

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Edit: now added Firestorm to poll, I think all new characters are now accounted for.

I want to see what people think now that more characters are known and more importantly more characters have been broke down in the Watch Tower streams and we now have a lot more information. I see people blowing their load about Captian Cold, Scarecrow, Firestorm, and others, yet they have little votes on this poll, so I'd like to see if you're opinions have changed.

For me, Doctor Fate is now the most exciting character, he looks like he'd fit my playstyle the best, he's super flashy, and seems to have a lot of room for growth and creativity. Robin in second now, and Deadshot bumped out of top two.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Swamp Thing and Deadshot. Swamp Thing well...you know why i'm hyped for him. And Deadshot looks like a legit fun zoner. I'm excited for a ton of the new cast but mostly Swampy...god i love him

CrazyFingers

I predict this thread will prove the community wants to have strong projectile zoning as a main victory strategy on a few characters in this game.

Do the right thing. You know who you are.
It still shouldn't be the only thing used to win but i already know we disagree on that so best not to go into that any further...still Deadshot looks dope.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It still shouldn't be the only thing used to win but i already know we disagree on that so best not to go into that any further...still Deadshot looks dope.
Hmmm...if there are characters with potential to pressure, mix and/or bully the opponent the entire match up close, there should be characters with potential to keep away the opponent the entire match.

I don't understand why this is still a debate.
"Zoning shouldn't be the only thing used to win" makes no sense and labels zoning as an inferior tactic.

CrazyFingers

Hmmm...if there are characters with potential to pressure, mix and/or bully the opponent the entire match up close, there should be characters with potential to keep away the opponent the entire match.

I don't understand why this is still a debate.
Because we shouldn't be encouraging ANY style of play that is literally "Avoid playing the video game" as your soul way to win. I am okay with heavy zoning but the kind of zoning where's it's just like "You will NEVER get a hit on me" just isn't entertaining. It's not fun to watch, it's not fun to play, it's just not fun when it's brought to that sort of extreme.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Flash was Top 5. What did Flash do to win in Inj1? Why can't the reverse be equally powerful? Same exact argument for a different playstyle. I hate "gotta guess high or low, gotta guess Batman J2, guessed wrong lost 35-40%" as much as you hate "damn I keep getting shot, why can't I get in and mix?!". Both should be equally strong or neither strong.

Deadshot however, does look amazing. Weird that's he has all I'd look for, but I'm not sold for some odd reason. Fear of the pre-nerf probably lol. I'll probably play Dr. Fate any playstyle unless he is pure rushdown which I doubt, or unless Raven the goddess defies all odds and makes the roster. So I picked Fate too because I'm pretty sold before play is even released.

#BuffDeadshot

CrazyFingers

Flash was Top 5. What did Flash do to win in Inj1? Why can't the reverse be equally powerful? Same exact argument for a different playstyle. I hate "gotta guess high or low, gotta guess Batman J2, guessed wrong lost 35-40%" as much as you hate "damn I keep getting shot, why can't I get in and mix?!". Both should be equally strong or neither strong.

Deadshot however, does look amazing. Weird that's he has all I'd look for, but I'm not sold for some odd reason. Fear of the pre-nerf probably lol. I'll probably play Dr. Fate any playstyle unless he is pure rushdown which I doubt, or unless Raven the goddess defies all odds and makes the roster. So I picked Fate too because I'm pretty sold before play is even released.

#BuffDeadshot
You aren't listening. I'M SAYING BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN SHOULDN'T BE ABSURD. Stop using that busted ass thing you call a fighting game to justify balance decisions that YOU seem to think are okay. It's just fucking idiotic.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Because we shouldn't be encouraging ANY style of play that is literally "Avoid playing the video game" as your soul way to win. I am okay with heavy zoning but the kind of zoning where's it's just like "You will NEVER get a hit on me" just isn't entertaining. It's not fun to watch, it's not fun to play, it's just not fun when it's brought to that sort of extreme.
It's ok if you find zoning boring.
But that doesn't mean zoning is "to avoid playing the videogame". That's completely absurd.

We need to encourage zoning because it was utter weak compared to offense in mkx. That is what makes a game lacking and unbalanced from its core, to favor one strategy over the other.

There should be characters that shined at every aspect of combat, so each player can choose depending on the style he wants to play: up close, at distance and characters that are a mixture having a bit of everything but not super strong at any aspect.

CrazyFingers

This made me laugh because I pictured you actually saying this LOL.
Got a problem with my voice bruh? Also i'll take that blow up for missing the bit where you said "or neither strong" and jumping to conclusions. Just fucking mad that people are using Injustice 1 as their go to comparison for how this game should be.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You aren't listening. I'M SAYING BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN SHOULDN'T BE ABSURD. Stop using that busted ass thing you call a fighting game to justify balance decisions that YOU seem to think are okay. It's just fucking idiotic.
What? What busted thing? Inj1? Last time I checked it was a fighting game that many enjoyed unless I'm mistaken. Inj1 was better than MKX to some, including me, just less balanced.

And what most people on the zoning side are saying is that offense is always incredibly strong on some characters in every game ever. I literally can't think of a single game that didn't have a few super strong offensive characters. Which is fine, as long as "the other side of the coin" has the same liberties. It isn't fair to say, for a theoretical example, "wow Supergirl gets in and bodies you but no character can keep her out too long before she gets in" because Side A) gets to enjoy their play but Side B is forced to compensate.

So in short, in Inj1, it's fair for Flash to get in and take nearly your whole bar with mix if Zod can take nearly your whole bar with keep away. If Flash couldn't then Zod shouldn't.

That's always been the point bro.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The only people who thought Flash's design was good were flash players and players who didn't know any flash players.
Flash was uber stupid, but for what the game was fit right in. Top tiers Flash and Batgirl offense was just as silly as Zod zoning or LolMMHWins. So in the sense that the playstyle diversity was more balanced it's true, just that half the cast couldn't keep up with the superior offense OR the superior defense characters.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Robin. Damian is my favorite Robin by far. I like Dick and Tim better as characters, but when they are Nightwing and Red Robin. Jason is good as Red Hood but was a shitty Robin. As far as I'm concerned, Damian is Robin. He goes from a bratty shit to a really good Robin that is respectful of Batman and what he does. Obviously that's different in the Injustice universe especially since he whacked my second favorite comic book character. But still he's gonna be great. He's like Batman minus the restraint with A FUCKING SWORD. I don't see how the son of Batman and heir to the demon can't be a badass fighting game character, he looks very fun too.

2. Deadshot. Floyd/Deadshot is cool enough as a character, but I don't really love him like I do some DC characters. I'm excited for Deadshot because he looks FUN. I'm ready for a powerful projectile zoner. Zoning at a high level always impresses me. I'll always be more impressed at "man that Predator kept that Cage out the whole time, nice patience" than "damn lol that demo Sonya did demo Sonya things!!!" He's the kind of character i wanted in this game and he just looks fun.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Captain Cold (voted), Gorilla Grodd (voted), Deadshot, Swamp Thing and Robin are who I'm excited about the most.

Cold and Grodd were easily my most wanted characters for this game, and I'm really glad they actually made it in. I didn't care about Deadshot at first, but he has been growing on me for a while now. I think that if I'm going to pocket a zoner, Deadshot has a good chance at being that character I learn. Swamp Thing has pocket-potential, too. He's probably one of the more unique characters I've seen in a while. Lastly, Robin. He looks cool and that's kinda it, what else is there to say?

Bonus pick: Atroctius because he was the most fun in the Beta.

Lokheit

Noob
Number one is Poison Ivy. I want to say Robin number 2 as the gameplay is badass and I thought he was the "cool Robin" not knowing much about DC, but reading the Injustice comics, he's portrayed as kind of a spoiled kid, I don't know if he's like that on the main comics though.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'll still never understand when people say strong zoning equates to "not even playing the game". If an HQT or Quan keeps out a Cage or Sub-Zero or whoever the whole match that's way more skillful than Sub-Zero corner rape, 50/50s, or whatever "playing the game" is supposed to mean.

Last edited: