What's new

Question Which MK2 Fighter Wins If No Special Moves Allowed?

Which MK2 Fighter Wins If No Special Moves Allowed?

• Liu Kang

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Reptile / Sub-Zero / Scorpion

• Shang Tsung

• Kitana / Mileena

• Jax

• Baraka

• Raiden

• Total voters

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
ain't they all the same?

srs question.
Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile all have the same, as do Mileena and Kitana, because they are palette swaps of each other. but other than that, each fighter has their own unique moves such as sweeps, high kicks, uppercuts, and jump kicks, etc.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I'm going with Baraka. as it is he basically relies on his basics to win. his uppercut could be better, but everything else is awesome from his roundhouse to his sweep.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Smoke. Duh. :REO

(okay seriously, does this mean unique normals like Kitana's fan swipe and Jax's stun punch aren't allowed either?) In that case, I think Liu takes the cake.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Smoke. Duh. :REO

(okay seriously, does this mean unique normals like Kitana's fan swipe and Jax's stun punch aren't allowed either?) In that case, I think Liu takes the cake.
Kitana's fan swipe is a special move, but Jax's hammer punch is a normal. Jax = hammer punch and Kitana = elbow.
Kang and Cage have very awesome normals indeed.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Kitana's fan swipe is a special move, but Jax's hammer punch is a normal. Jax = hammer punch and Kitana = elbow.
Kang and Cage have very awesome normals indeed.
Thanks for clearing that up, but even then, I'll still go with Liu, the hitboxes on his RH and low toe are so fucked up >.<

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Thanks for clearing that up, but even then, I'll still go with Liu, the hitboxes on his RH and low toe are so fucked up >.<
I agree, he has arguably the best uppercut, roundhouse and low toe in the game. also the best high punch IMO.

ZAQ: why do you say Shang? coz of his mad close combat skillz? nasty jump kick too

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yeah, he can jab most (if not all) of the cast. His sweep isn't bad, his aaHK is excellent and his jk is useful to get in to start jabs and has a lot of priority over Lius c.lk. The only problem is his shitty walk animation.
very true... in a car racing game, Shang would be the tank!

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Kang can't jk crouching a Shang, so he could almost never get in. He would HAVE to sit and wait and use his uppercut/low toe. Shangs jk is one of the few that beats Kangs low toe and his sweep is good enough to get past it too. Female ninja are probably right after Shang because they have good sweep, jabs and uppercuts.
good arguments. Shang is a beast....though it wouldn't be as easy to track opponents down with him, since he walks so slow. but without specials, eventually he'd catch up with his opponent and make em pay!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
No special moves, man I want to say Shang tsung. Sweep, punches, anti air hk etc he's the man

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

This is a question of sweeps as far as I'm concerned. Kitana and Mileena get my vote. With no specials, they could zone with sweeps and uppercut jump ins. Am I missing something?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Shang again. Jabs everyone as Zaq said, brutal JK, super-fast sweep w/ quick recovery, wicked s.HK, fast uppercut (although it's range is a bit funky), ......etc

I do agree Baraka has well-rounded set of normals also though and Mike makes a great point about sweeps, but Kitana/Mileena's better than Shangs?

Shang again. Jabs everyone as Zaq said, brutal JK, super-fast sweep w/ quick recovery, wicked s.HK, fast uppercut (although it's range is a bit funky), ......etc

I do agree Baraka has well-rounded set of normals also though and Mike makes a great point about sweeps, but Kitana/Mileena's better than Shangs?
It's really difficult to imagine without the specials, but since Kitana and Mileena have the longest range on their sweeps I have to give it to them just based off that simple fact.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
It's really difficult to imagine without the specials, but since Kitana and Mileena have the longest range on their sweeps I have to give it to them just based off that simple fact.
Have we also decided whether air throws are "specials" since they are just 1 button and technically just another throw and the fact that Jax gets a free hit (?) from his overhead smash?

Have we also decided whether air throws are "specials" since they are just 1 button and technically just another throw and the fact that Jax gets a free hit (?) from his overhead smash?
It wouldn't make a huge difference anyway. Jax's overhead hardly ever connects in high level play. Scorpion's throw wouldn't be that useful either because he would get dominated on the ground without the use of his teleport or spear.