Which MK game is the WORST in the series?

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat Series' started by MKF30, Jul 18, 2018.

?

Which MK Fighting Game is the WORST in the entire series?

1. MK1

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. MK2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. MK3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. UMK3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. MKT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MK4

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. MK Gold

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. MK Deadly Alliance

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. MK Deception

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. MK Armageddon

27 vote(s)
    29.3%
  11. MK vs DCU

41 vote(s)
    44.6%
  12. MK9

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  13. MKX

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

So which does everyone here think is the worst MK game in the series that you've played? We often discuss the best and everyone's favorite which tend to be UMK3, MK 9 or MK X typically. However, we rarely discuss everyone's least favorite in the franchise. Which is the worst in your opinion.

NOTE: I'm NOT counting the side adventure games which are MK Special Forces, MK Mythologies Sub-Zero and MK Shaolin Monks. This is strictly for the fighting MK games. I'm also not counting the portable versions.

Discuss.

Marinjuana likes this.
  2. ThaShiveGeek

ThaShiveGeek Est In Harvey 1989

3. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

Mortal Kombat 2 for the Game Boy

It was still pretty rad tbh

x TeeJay o, ThaShiveGeek and MKF30 like this.
  4. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

lol well just the regular versions, the portable ports are meh. The MK 4 version was worse man lol.

But had to [email protected] Jax in MK 2 GB, looks like he's jacking it:D

Believe it or not MK 2 and MK 4 for GB sell for high new on ebay.:eek:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Marinjuana likes this.
  5. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    I loved that shit when i was a kid. I had mk 1 and 2 on gameboy. Sure you had to use you imagination and it was slow , unresponsive and nearly unplayable but at least the graphics were sorta good . Actually now im thinking back Mk1 on gameboy is definitely the worst but it had its charm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Marinjuana likes this.
  6. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

Oh how can I forget lol, if we're talking portables here. The guys who did this port must have been high.

7. Matix218

Matix218 D4, D4, D4, D4

For me it was Armageddon. That game never clicked with me despite the create a fighter and massive roster.

8. xKhaoTik

xKhaoTik Black StarPoison

9. Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang Skarlet scientist

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    I enjoyed the 3D era of MK, Deadly Alliance and MK Deception were great, but MK Armaggedon mechanical wise was definitely my least favorite MK in the franchise for many reasons.

A: Recicled moves
    B: Style switching going to other characters like Scorpion's Pi Gua and Moi Fah among other styles going through and through in the game
    C: No real fatalities
    D: Air combos.

those are the things that turned me off the game real quick, despite the roster being the biggest we ever had in that time.

I can't really say much for MKvs DC i haven't really played as much, but i know it was the basis of MK9 which ended up as being one of the greatest MK games NRS ever created imo.

NickDaGreek1983 likes this.
  10. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

Of the main series, it is a choice between MK1 and MKDA, imo.
    Going back to those two feels a lot more frustrating than playing any of the other games.

Not sure why MKvsDCU has so many votes. In comparison to many of the other MK games, it looks good and plays well.

Rizz091 and MKF30 like this.
  11. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

A tie between MK4 and MK v DC.

12. GLoRToR

GLoRToR The ire of the Starf!

lol people that voted mk1 and mk2

THTB, TurboTaco, xKhaoTik and 4 others like this.
  13. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Young whipper snappers don't appreciate shit lol

THTB, Aramonde and MKF30 like this.
  14. GLoRToR

They're just ignorant af
    MK1 and 2 and even 3 were state of the art top of the line godtier shit in their times with nothing ever even coming close to challenge them.
    Soul Blade and DoA did knock MK4 out of the water but that's a different story entirely.

Rizz091, TurboTaco, xKhaoTik and 6 others like this.
  15. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

A little surprised MK 4 doesn't have more votes haha. Everytime I talk about this topic with people, most mention MK4 lol. Interesting results though so far.

Swindle and JBeezYBabY like this.
  16. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

I think its because 1,2, and 3 set the bar so high, 4 just said FUCK YOU and revamped everything that made MK so great into doodoo. Different characters, start of 3D, shitty animations, awkward movement, etc etc.

MKF30 likes this.
  17. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

I actually like MK 4 a lot lol, I mean it's not my favorite but I think it could be played more seriously than the 3D MK's honestly imo. I hear ya though, it seemed rushed in a lot of ways. I did find it interesting how they made it 2.5D yet MK vs DC did something similar where most of the time you fight 2D but you could sidestep 3D, though wasn't fully 3D like Deadly Alliance through Armageddon you know?

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  18. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

How incredibly presumptuous of you two to jump right at those assumptions.
    I'm 32. I played MK1 back on the SNES when it came out. I have followed the franchise since its creation.

I voted MK1, because in retrospect, the game in itself doesn't feel good to play anymore. It doesn't hold up, both in gameplay and graphics. MK2 took the MK formula and did it better in all aspects. More interesting characters, better graphics and gameplay, it was just overall tons better than the original MK.

Sure, the first MK holds a lot to its name, but when just looking at the game, it just isn't that good, imo. Especially not in comparison to the games that came after.

Marinjuana, MKF30 and Matix218 like this.
  19. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    You do know i was talking about the GAMEBOY VERSION of mk1.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. GLoRToR

You don't look at games' quality retrospectively or else you'll delude yourself into comparing Diablo 2 to GTAV. When they ask which game was the worst they mean which one failed its own time frame the worst. Yeah MK1 is 28 years old and it's probably the worst MK by your logic but it just doesn't work like that. It does not suck as a game. It's dated.

21. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

Man I remember when MK 1 and SF 1 back in the day felt slow as hell then you compare them to the games now in their franchises and it's like, wow...lol. Evolution is a crazy thing.

Interesting points here. I think we could probably all agree the best portable MK's are UMK3 DS and MK 9 for Vita.

GLoRToR likes this.
  22. GLoRToR

Portable games used to mean a massive compromise. I mean look at portable mk2, it doesn't even have Kintaro. PSP was probably the first time things got interesting.

MKF30 likes this.
  23. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

Yeah the PSP was meh as a console, but had some decent games. I remember the spring loaded issue on that thing lol. I remember playing the hell out of UMK3 on DS though, I took that thing everywhere with me lol. And puzzle kombat to it was such a great idea. I sure do hope we see MK 11 for the switch for that on the go experience.

Matix218 and GLoRToR like this.
  24. HeavyNorse

HeavyNorse So thirsty

That's not up to you to decide. I choose not to look at the old games through rose-coloured glasses.

If that was the case, MKvsDCU shouldn't have all those votes. At the time, it was the best-selling MK game to date. It was highly praised and definitely a step in the right direction, which eventually became MK9.

Yet here we are with it having the most votes.
    I personally don't care for it either, but it's definitely not the worst of all MK games.

MKF30 and KuralKing like this.
  25. GLoRToR

It's not a decision it's a fact. Comparing MK1 to MKX is like comparing a horse carriage to a Lamborghini Urus just because both have 4 wheels. The carriage was the optimal solution in its own timeframe but it's a novelty to enjoy these days.

How well something sells doesn't mean it's also the best thing there is. MKvDC had the most complaints about its game balance, even more than MK9 did. Still, it's not logical to compare it to the early MK games because those were dominating their genre while games after MK4 had to compete with next gen 3d games. There is good reason NRS went back to 2D, and one of them is that they cannot compete with Tekken, SC, VF, or DoA, while MK has always had its place in the 2D genre.