What's new

Question Which Is Your Favorite NRS Game And Why?

Which is your favorite NRS game and why?

• Total voters

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
All 4 games are amazing 10/10 games to me. But if I had to pick an order

MK9 > Injustice 2 > IGAU > MKX

MK9 was the least balanced, but gameplay wise I just love the control you have over your character's movement. You were able to cancel dashes at multiple different points, 1/4 dash, 1/2 dash and 3/4 dash. So it was very easy to place yourself in specific positions on the screen and prepare yourself to anti air, whiff punish or whatever you needed. Not to mention anti airs were strongest in MK9.

Injustice 2 is the most balanced of all 4 NRS games, and is basically an upgraded version of Injustice 1. Plus Batman is better in the sequel :D

Injustice 1 is a little slower/clunkier than part 2, but I'll always miss Zod and Martian. Those 2 characters had so much depth and took 1000's of matches of experience to play them at the highest level. They were some of the most fun characters I've ever used in fighting games and I really wish they were put into injustice 2 (toned down and normalized of course)

I prefer the injustice series a little more than MKX mainly because I feel like you have more control of the match and it's easier to control your opponent. Defense is way stronger in the Injustice series, which is one of my best qualities as a player. MKX you don't get to utilize your defense as much because it is so wild and crazy, having the ability to run full screen in a few frames in a moment's notice and so many unreactable 50/50's all over the place made for so much unpredictability. But in a way that's what makes MKX great. After playing alot of Injustice which is a much slower paced game, it feels really refreshing to go back to MKX and just go nuts. Also there was a long time period where I was just burned on MKX and didn't want to play much anymore, but Crystalline Tremor reinvigorated my love for the game. I feel like Crystalline and Grandmaster have some of the best defensive playstyles in the whole game, which is what attracts me to them

esl mortal kombat have asked the same question lel
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESLMortalKombat

some guys said mk9 is the best ever created mk game.
well, as much as i loved mk9, i could never say that. because that is major disrespect
to the legacy games.
the arguments are like:
-the char variety, stages, atmo
-the birth of the "nrs competitive scene"

let me explain why these arguments are not good enough to say mk9 is the best ever created game:
-indeed one of the most amazing things about mk9 is the retro factor (chars, stages, music). the credit therefore goes of course to the legacy games.
no legacy games - no mk9!

-yes, mk9 was the first competitive fighter for the most players of the "nrs scene"
it brought together many people, communitys.
BUT, do you know where this comes from?
the fgc is divided in two eras:
pre sf4 and post sf4 (2009). so the pre guys are the veterans and the post guys the new ones (09er). this is because sf4 is considered the rebirth of the fgc.
what did has to do with mk9?
sf4 was a HUGE success not only for capcom, its was a success for the whole fgc! tons of new players, lots of returning veterans, more tournaments, new communitys worldwide and so on.
the main reason for the success of sf4 was: the retro factor, it was a reboot kind of thing. now you can see what it has to do with mk9!
IT IS CLEAR that nrs wanted to use the same sf4 formula for the next mk game!
they did and it worked!
bottom line is: no sf4 - no mk9

so this is why i never could call mk9 is the best ever created mk game!
imo it was mk 2 - umk3 ;)

what is your opinion about this?

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
esl mortal kombat have asked the same question lel
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESLMortalKombat

some guys said mk9 is the best ever created mk game.
well, as much as i loved mk9, i could never say that. because that is major disrespect
to the legacy games.
the arguments are like:
-the char variety, stages, atmo
-the birth of the "nrs competitive scene"

let me explain why these arguments are not enough to say mk9 is the best ever created game:
-indeed one of the most amazing things about mk9 is the retro factor (chars, stages, music). the credit therefore goes of course to the legacy games.
no legacy games - no mk9!

-yes, mk9 was the first competitive fighter for the most players of the "nrs scene"
it brought together many people, communitys.
BUT, do you know where this comes from?
the fgc is divided in two eras:
pre sf4 and post sf4 (2009). so the pre guys are the veterans and the post guys the new ones (09er).
what did has to do with mk9?
sf4 was a HUGE success not only for capcom, its was a success for the whole fgc! tons of new players, more tournaments, new communitys worldwide and so on.
the main reason for the success of sf4 was: the retro factor, it was a reboot kind of thing. now you can see what it has to do with mk9!
IT IS CLEAR that nrs wanted to use the same sf4 formula for the next mk game!
they did and it worked!
bottom line is: no sf4 - no mk9

so this is why i never could call mk9 is the best ever created mk game!
imo it was mk 2 - umk3 ;)

what is your opinion about this?

If I had to go with the most fun I had with the series and the most played, It be MK1-MKT and MK9. After that MKDA. I did not enjoy MKD, MKA, MKvDC, and MKX as much as them.