What's new

Which I2 Character has the most 50/50's

Most characters have some kind of 50/50 but I really think that for pure mix Michaelangelo has the best range and the most options. He has a meterless restand option, a low that travels near halfscreen and low profiles. A straight up unreactable overhead, an overhead into a low and an overhead into overhead cross up or not cross up.

He also has a low or overhead trait and overhead trait can also cross up, also it can be used for plus frames as a projectile.

He also has a jump that he can cancel into normal, shell, or meterburn shell. He makes you guess everywhere.

It's more options than anyone else has. He's less safe than Flash and he does less damage but he definitely has the Shmix

Last edited:
Scarecrow doesn't have much in the way of 50/50's as none of his strings outside of F3 start with overheads.

He does have good mix ups though.

How are Harley's not real 50/50's? Genuinely curious, like I know her range isn't good but does she not have those overhead/low starters?
Harley's overhead starter has 26 frames of startup, so it's actually feasible to block it on reaction once you're used to the startup animation.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
People are forgetting Firestorm.

He has baby mix until he pops L3 trait, but then its safe/plus vortexes until your life bar is gone.

Additionally, further more from what @TarkatanDentist said, it's also possible to fuzzy guard her, so there's never a need to guess.
So how does 'fuzzy guarding' work? I know a previous user mentioned quickly switching between low and standing block, but how does that work in the context of fighting Cheetah?

For example If I'm switching between low and standing, and she hits me with and overhead while I went low?

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
So how does 'fuzzy guarding' work? I know a previous user mentioned quickly switching between low and standing block, but how does that work in the context of fighting Cheetah?

For example If I'm switching between low and standing, and she hits me with and overhead while I went low?
the idea of fuzzy blocking is knowing which of the Overhead or Low is faster, and always defending against that move first, then quickly switching to the opposite. This way you'll already be blocking the faster of the 2 options, and you'll have slightly more time to "react" to the opposite and guard against that. Theoretically if they're going for the 50/50 and you defend like this, you'll be forcing them to delay a move or change something up in order to open you up.

Last edited:
the idea of fuzzy blocking is knowing which of the Overhead or Low is faster, and always defending against that move first, then quickly switching to the opposite. This way you'll already be blocking the faster of the 2 options, and you'll have slightly more time to switch to the opposite and guard against that. Theoretically if they're going for the 50/50 and you defend like this, you'll be forcing them to delay a move or change something up in order to open you up.
Okay so again with Cheetah, I usually like to block low because of her low starters, and that gives me time to stand if she goes for the F3 overhead, is that essentially fuzzy guarding?

Madog32

Okay so again with Cheetah, I usually like to block low because of her low starters, and that gives me time to stand if she goes for the F3 overhead, is that essentially fuzzy guarding?
well they were talking about Harley, not Cheetah. I'm not sure Cheetah is fuzzyable.

Usually cheetah is D3ing you to condition you to block low so she can start all her other nonsense. Her low starter has very short range, so I don't think you should be worried much about that. D3 and Grab are kind of her mixup, but neither are a 50/50. You can backdash a lot of what she does, and I believe you can D1 between her D1 and grabs on block. Also - delayed wakeups really screw with her.

Blocking her F3 should be a reaction, not a fuzzy. Most F3's in this game are over 22 frames, and that should be enough time for most ppl to actually react, and not just guess (even tho Sub Zero gets me with almost every F3 he goes for...)

well they were talking about Harley, not Cheetah. I'm not sure Cheetah is fuzzyable.

Usually cheetah is D3ing you to condition you to block low so she can start all her other nonsense. Her low starter has very short range, so I don't think you should be worried much about that. D3 and Grab are kind of her mixup, but neither are a 50/50. You can backdash a lot of what she does, and I believe you can D1 between her D1 and grabs on block. Also - delayed wakeups really screw with her.

Blocking her F3 should be a reaction, not a fuzzy. Most F3's in this game are over 22 frames, and that should be enough time for most ppl to actually react, and not just guess (even tho Sub Zero gets me with almost every F3 he goes for...)
Okay so do you mind explaining a character specific scenario where fuzzying comes into play?

Madog32

Okay so do you mind explaining a character specific scenario where fuzzying comes into play?
Harley Quinn: Overhead starter is 26f. Low starter is 14f or so.
after harley jumps in at you and you've blocked the jump attack, you will always block low first to guard against the 14f low, and then quickly roll back to guard against the 26f overhead that could also be coming. This way both options are covered and she would have to resort to something else to open you up after a jumpin - like a grab. I don't actually play Harley so I can't really tell you what other options she might have to combat a fuzzy guard, but that is how you would apply it. I realize she has Tantrum Stance and all that, but its still an example.

I believe the same pattern would be true for Grodd after his reset. Always block low, and fuzzy to the overhead that is a bit slower

Harley Quinn: Overhead starter is 26f. Low starter is 14f or so.
after harley jumps in at you and you've blocked the jump attack, you will always block low first to guard against the 14f low, and then quickly roll back to guard against the 26f overhead that could also be coming. This way both options are covered and she would have to resort to something else to open you up after a jumpin - like a grab. I don't actually play Harley so I can't really tell you what other options she might have to combat a fuzzy guard, but that is how you would apply it. I realize she has Tantrum Stance and all that, but its still an example
Okay that makes sense, I appreciate the explanation! I will probably look up a video to get some visual clarity as well.

Cheetahs gameplan really isn't 50/50. She has "overheads and lows" in some of her strings, but her only 50/50 is her grabs which are all avoidable as stated earlier. In the corner her 50/50s actually shine especially because a blocked f3 doesn't push back and can jail into her tic grabs. 12 (tic) being her best and b1 (tic) being another solid one. Cheetah is mainly read based and conditioning. She can easily punish backdashes and jumps with her dive but its a risk on block and whiff. Especially in the neutral

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
I could say Black Canary's 50/50's are real good, I don't play i2 for months so that is all I remember right now

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Flash by far!!!!

It's not even close to a 50/50 as he has 2/3 chances of getting away without being punished and in them 3 you have 2/3 of being punished. So essentially he only has 1/3 chances of being punished and when he hits he takes off 50+% with Trait and full corner carry.
If he mixes you in the corner he can take close of 70% and also in the corner he has a cross up / non cross up + on block launching mix too.
Oh he can also hit confirm both his mixes too there is no full commitment.

It's Flash no question.
And that all goes all complementary with his insane pressure, insane jump in and mobility to close the space.

Flash having no Neutral is the biggest meme!
You want to play a char with crazy mix and feel the true affect of lacking Neutral play Black Canary.

Mikey be second up but he does not even come close... he's annoying to fight vs but at least midscreen you can fuzzy and interrupt his shit and if you block right full punish and you likely hurt him more then he would do.

Edit: actually I would switch Mikey with Brainiac.

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Flash by far!!!!

It's not even close to a 50/50 as he has 2/3 chances of getting away without being punished and in them 3 you have 2/3 of being punished. So essentially he only has 1/3 chances of being punished and when he hits he takes off 50+% with Trait and full corner carry.
If he mixes you in the corner he can take close of 70% and also in the corner he has a cross up / non cross up + on block launching mix too.
Oh he can also hit confirm both his mixes too there is no full commitment.

It's Flash no question.
And that all goes all complementary with his insane pressure, insane jump in and mobility to close the space.

Flash having no Neutral is the biggest meme!
You want to play a char with crazy mix and feel the true affect of lacking Neutral play Black Canary.

Mikey be second up but he does not even come close... he's annoying to fight vs but at least midscreen you can fuzzy and interrupt his shit and if you block right full punish and you likely hurt him more then he would do.

Edit: actually I would switch Mikey with Brainiac.
He also builds A TON of meter.:rolleyes:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Mikey has like 16 different options....... so yea............

But Flash takes the Taco........HARD