What's new

Which comic character has the best rogues gallery?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
It's not gospel, it's a debate. You come with a point, I counter that point, you counter that point. There is no "winner", we simply lay out our arguments to see where the other is coming from. We agree or disagree and, if we disagree, we point out why we disagree with it.
Totally understand the definition of debate. End of the day.. People are going to like who they like, and both Marvel and DC have their flagship characters who are profitable, and popular. That is not debatable.. That's fact.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
X-Men = best because:

Magento, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Hellfire Club, Sabertooth, Sentinels, Purifiers, Reavers, Friends of Humanity, Nimrod, Bastion, Mastermold, John Sublime, Casandra Nova, Sauron.... The list goes on.

Batman and Spider-Man are probably close 2nds

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Totally understand the definition of debate. End of the day.. People are going to like who they like, and both Marvel and DC have their flagship characters who are profitable, and popular. That is not debatable.. That's fact.

Yes it is, but I wanna know WHY people like them, why people believe Batman's gallery is one of, if not THE best, and why I disagree with it.

Reedoms

Noob
You know, Superman has killed Kryptonians before. He had to go to counseling for it and shit but he dealt with it and no one thought any different of him. Why can't Batman just kill Joker in a joint operation with the police or throw him in Iron Heights instead of Arkham?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
X-Men = best because:

Magento, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Hellfire Club, Sabertooth, Sentinels, Purifiers, Reavers, Friends of Humanity, Nimrod, Bastion, Mastermold, John Sublime, Casandra Nova, Sauron.... The list goes on.

Batman and Spider-Man are probably close 2nds
I agree the problem is that this is the current state of thos villains:
Magneto: A good guy
Apocalypse: A good guy but his torchbearers are Archangel's kids.
Mr. Sinister: MIA
Juggernaut: MIA
Brotherhood: The last incarnation is done
Hellfire Club: Ran by some little snobs
Sabertooth: Active
Sentinels: Making a comeback
Purifies,Reavers,FOH,Nimrod,Bastion,Mastermold and Cassandra: Dead
Sauron: A teacher
Sublime: As of yesterday he is working with the X-Men

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I agree the problem is that this is the current state of thos villains:
Magneto: A good guy
Apocalypse: A good guy but his torchbearers are Archangel's kids.
Mr. Sinister: MIA
Juggernaut: MIA
Brotherhood: The last incarnation is done
Hellfire Club: Ran by some little snobs
Sabertooth: Active
Sentinels: Making a comeback
Purifies,Reavers,FOH,Nimrod,Bastion,Mastermold and Cassandra: Dead
Sauron: A teacher
Sublime: As of yesterday he is working with the X-Men

Bah, who cares about where they are currently. There were some goodies throughout time. Better than any other.

You know, Superman has killed Kryptonians before. He had to go to counseling for it and shit but he dealt with it and no one thought any different of him. Why can't Batman just kill Joker in a joint operation with the police or throw him in Iron Heights instead of Arkham?
he can't go to iron heights, that mofo's insaneeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Reedoms

Noob
he can't go to iron heights, that mofo's insaneeeeeeee :rolleyes:
That explanation never sits right with me. I mean, the fucking Spectre wasn't even allowed to kill Joker because of that shit. The guy who literally nuked an entire country to death wasn't allowed to kill a clown because "he believes he's right."

That explanation never sits right with me. I mean, the fucking Spectre wasn't even allowed to kill Joker because of that shit. The guy who literally nuked an entire country to death wasn't allowed to kill a clown because "he believes he's right."
i hate that excuse too... what the fucking shit? that's the major bullshit, fanboyism or just PIS i've ever seen.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Hey you know who has a real badass rogues gallery, the punisher... just too bad they are dead
Also Daredevil (Aka the relatable batman) I remember had a few good enemies that were very interesting- specifically kingpin and bullseye

EGGXI

Scary Bat
They'd put him in Blackgate first of all, Gotham's non-insane prison, Iron Heights is in... Keystone or Central City? I forget. I mean I'm sure they could move him to Iron Heights, but why the hell would they take him?!

They've tried putting Joker in Blackgate before. I believe he caused a massive riot simply by hanging around.

I think fictional prisons and Suicide Squad might be my favorite part of the DCU.

I'm personally major on the dc side, and I always say when I'm talking about comic writing, the hero is only as good as his villain, and batman takes the cake there, the relationship and connection between the joker and batman is unmatched, along with his city and other villains, green lantern is for sure an honorable mention, all te other color lanterns story's that connect them is pretty awesome

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd

And no I don't type my signature out everytime, im using Tapatalk app lol

DuskAlloy

You know out of all the cities in the dc universe that id like to live in Keystone, id rather be protected by the fastest man alive then the world's greatest detective, and I like that its a semi southern looking city

You know out of all the cities in the dc universe that id like to live in Keystone, id rather be protected by the fastest man alive then the world's greatest detective, and I like that its a semi southern looking city
the destruction is also not as great as in metropolis IMO :).

DuskAlloy

the destruction is also not as great as in metropolis IMO :).
Yeah its weird, the flash is actually more powerful then superman but the flash doesnt attract the big world busting guys, although his own rogues are still very dangerous lol

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It's not just a matter of who's protecting you... I mean honestly who the hell would choose to live in Gotham?!
That being said... I guess Keystone is probably the best? I mean your hero is fast, your criminals aren't the kind that smush entire buildings in one blow, whereas Metropolis you get a lot of giants/Superman power-level villains.
I'd say Coast City... but that place got nuked soooooo...

This might need it's own thread.

DuskAlloy

It's not just a matter of who's protecting you... I mean honestly who the hell would choose to live in Gotham?!
That being said... I guess Keystone is probably the best? I mean your hero is fast, your criminals aren't the kind that smush entire buildings in one blow, whereas Metropolis you get a lot of giants/Superman power-level villains.
I'd say Coast City... but that place got nuked soooooo...

This might need it's own thread.
Do it, Ive been hogging all the new threads and I dont want to do it myself lol

Yeah its weird, the flash is actually more powerful then superman but the flash doesnt attract the big world busting guys, although his own rogues are still very dangerous lol
i guess it's because of superman's connection to the rest of the universe/aliens maybe? zoom is pretty powerful too :D. he can destroy a lot of stuff only by snapping his fingers. gorilla grodd's army is also pretty large and disastrous.

DuskAlloy

Also who the fuck wants to live in a place called BLUDHAVEN, shoulda just called it death and saved some money on the extra letters

Reedoms

Noob
Also who the fuck wants to live in a place called BLUDHAVEN, shoulda just called it death and saved some money on the extra letters
You wanna talk shittiest cities, talk about Hub City. There is literally no form of order in that shithole.

DuskAlloy

You wanna talk shittiest cities, talk about Hub City. There is literally no form of order in that shithole.
Well the question was born there, thats pretty cool... maybe not enough to live there though