What's new

Which Character(s) Do You Hate Playing Vs The Most?

Which Character(s) Do You Hate Playing Vs The Most?

• Baraka

• Cassie

• Cetrion

• Dvorah

• Erron Black

• Frost

• Geras

• Jacqui

• Jade

• Jax

• Johnny Cage

• Kabal

• Kano

• Kitana

• Kollector

• Kotal Kahn

• Kung Lao

• Liu Kang

• Nightwolf

• Noob Saibot

• Raiden

• Scorpion

• Shang Tsung

• Shao Kahn

• Skarlet

• Sonya

• Sub Zero

Results are only viewable after voting.

djynn

hsu hao main
For me it's always gonna be Jacqui (until she gets nerfed).

I was really hype for her as i liked playing as Jacqui in MKX but was late to the party so i couldn't really master her and when she was shown on kombat kast i figured she's gonna be high level but really hard to play.

I picked her up and put her right back down lol she felt cheap as hell

Cassie used to be another one but I don't think she's as free she just has good moves and her kick being normalized was a nice change.

Sonya still feels like she just flails around until she wins tbh these characters just seem to have crazy recovery and frame data that's why I hate them so much

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Jax and

Liu Kang
(
Louie Kang,
Lu Bang Bang,
Lui Kang,
Louis H.N.I.C Kang Jr.
Lucifer Kang
)

Or whatever he goes by these days.

These two = my personal boogiemen.

Jax frame traps you for free, stealing his turn back with little effort.

L.K. .....Well, let's just say that the staggering kicks/throw blender with his 600 different Krushing Blows really just blows.

It's very difficult to counter these clowns. This is coming from me, a Jacqui player lol! Jacqui may have good pressure, but 1st Round K.O does not have projectiles so I can fight those battles against them. I have to get in. Once I'm in, they're in and it's a wrap for me.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Definitely Kabal and Lao for me. I’m totally free to throws, so both of these characters can tic throw me to death. And if Kabal gets access to his FB, I will get hit by it. Even if I’m full-screen, just blocking and waiting, somehow the second I let go of block to take a step forward or even by accident, that fucker will yolo FB me to death. I’ve just had to accept that going into a match against Kabal means starting with 320 less health than normal.
This is my favorite post ever. I feel you about being free to throws. And Kabal players with a FB locked and loaded can spidey-sense when you let go of block.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fighting good Shaolin Monk players in this game almost gives me a damn aneurysm.

I don’t even even know which is more annoying to fight but they were designed so obnoxiously in this game.

No other characters produce that level of salt in me.

Jade’s mystery maze might be 3rd place though.

I would say Geras but he’s at a point where I don’t even care when I fight him, it’s like a damn boss fight. I’ll do my best but it’s always a huge challenge. Unless I’m using Jacqui I guess.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i dunno if he's my most hated but jax just irritates me, character has easy mode tools to secure a life lead like the MB bf2. they do they're f33's and f2 into the command overhead and think they're super good when they're not.

Jax players feel like they can just play flow charty as hell and you really can't do much about it.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I don't have a problem with Liu Kangs, but I can't for the life of me get a win vs Kabal. I can't remember the last time I won against that bastard.
I hate his f*ng walk back footsies, his FB, and I just have no idea how to deal with his downwards air swords.
Advice will be greatly appreciated. I play many characters (Kitana, Sonya, D'Vorah, Johnny, Centrion, Jade, Kano) and ready to pick any character that can make that MU easier.

Last edited:
I honestly HATE playing versus Kung lao (i voted Liu too, but it's an obvious one). I feel smothered all day, and i do not even know why. It seems like he's always on me, and he can fly through the screen so damn fast and stall and d3 and throw and throw and throw. Ugh. I do not really know what to do

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I honestly HATE playing versus Kung lao (i voted Liu too, but it's an obvious one). I feel smothered all day, and i do not even know why. It seems like he's always on me, and he can fly through the screen so damn fast and stall and d3 and throw and throw and throw. Ugh. I do not really know what to do
What makes this MU easier for me is the knowledge that many of his strings are unsafe.

xKMMx

Banned
Jade and Subzero. Both for the same reasons. They are all float chart as hell online and just annoying AF. Literally every Jade does the exact same shit.
EVen when they land tht over head thing and get a launch off of it they all just D2 then its air glave air glav, the stupid low pro projectile. You get a step closer they do the ex glide kick. You block and punish. they jump in and grab. You attack with a mid from decent distance they D4 wiggly stick .

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm curious as to who you all struggle the most against in this game. Doesn't need to be matchup wise or anything just who you see selected on the character screen that makes you go "oh shit" even if a lesser skilled player selects them. And why you struggle vs them.

For me, personally, it's Jacqui, Kano, and Kabal.

Jacqui: It's the damn cancels and/or staggers man. I seriously need to lab this with someone or something. Feels like something I can't learn while playing matches cause I always just get kicked in the gut. D:

Kano: Idk why, but it's like every Kano is a maniac who just snorted some crack right before their match cause these people do the craziest shit and I GET HIT BY ALL OF IT. lmao

Kabal: Another character I probably need to actually lab vs instead of just real time experience because this jerk right here is safe on damn near everything and can jump around all he wants. Really gets in my head.

What about you guys?? You can select up to 3 choices in the poll. I'm very interested in the results.
Kabal and Jacqui are definitely annoying but I have to say Geras, Sonya, Jax. I believe the players who gibe me a rough time are skilled don't get me wrong. Its just those characters have so much to worry about, with Geras its the fist damage and KB's and sand. With Sonya its the rings and constant 50/50's and jax its when he has FB or is fully heated. Those staggers.

Kano and Liu Kang no so much since I have OS vs them that shuts down a lot of what they do.
I also think Wu Shi Legend is Low Key top tier. LQ gets most non -KB damage from F3 which was nerfed and some zoners give LK a hard time but I feel both those issues are fixed in WSL. The damage off Fire buff and teleport is death to zoners and great for getting damage outside of KB's. I've picked up WSL as a pocket vs Cetrion, Cassie, Shang and Scarlet.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I have changed my attitude, I love that people don’t like fighting Liu. I’m so happy I chose to put so much time into this character, the patch NERFED his best variation and NOW he’s the most complained about. I’ll take it.

I hate fighting Sub Zero the most. Low key the Most brainless character.
I know right, most Liu's are pretty easy to beat with patience and downloading patterns. Now that F3 is nerfed in LQ its much easier to deal with.
I actually picked up WSL Liu Kang recently and I feel he accels at many things LQ doesn't for certain MU's. I use him vs zoners. Since F3 is his main damage outside of KB's he isn't getting damage midscreen in LQ without KB. But Fire Buff fixes that. 25-30% off F4/B1 when buff is active and there are safe setups on block.
Then he has problems with footsie range when they scout flykick and bigger problems out of flykick range. But with Teleport you can't keep him out and I find just having the fire buff always active is enough to force fear in your opponent as long as you don't telegraph the TP.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Geras because of his ridiculous d1 and his mouthbreather levels of damage. I played a long set last night against one with Spellmaster Shang and it felt like everything was getting stuffed by d1. F4, F3, his d1 outranged my d4...ugh. Seriously, if I ever get into a car crash and come out a vegetable, I'm picking up Geras.

Option two would be Jax. Every Jax I play against plays like frame data is a myth. Also, fuck neutral Fatal Blow.
My feelings exactly.

I'm fine with facing Liu though - I play Liu (and Shang) myself so I usually don't fall for the gimmicks.

LIU KANG. And i'm not jumping on the liu hate train, I've hated this character since day 1 bc my friend plays him (really well:mad:). NO CONTEST it is liu kang. When EVERYONE started to play him post-patch it was just a nightmare coming true.

If more people played them I have a strong intuition that it would be either Cetrion or Zonya instead of Liu.

I don't have a problem with Liu Kangs, but I can't for the life of me get a win vs Kabal. I can't remember the last time I won against that bastard.
I hate his f*ng walk back footsies, his FB, and I just have no idea how to deal with his downwards air swords.
Advice will be greatly appreciated. I play many characters (Kitana, Sonya, D'Vorah, Johnny, Centrion, Jade, Kano) and ready to pick any character that can make that MU easier.
Are you playing high-level Kabals? The ones I play in KL are mostly Grandmaster level and I haven't really had a problem against them. I wait just outside of his range to punish, and if he jumps I teleport (noob, scorpion). Even my Johnny is okay against him bc he can stop Kabal from walking back and stuff some of his options with the forceballs, and at its max range do b34 to start your pressure. Up close with any character jailing off of low pokes is really useful to take your turn back. I might just be playing against bottom of the barrel Kabals though idk

Last edited:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
No1 is Sonya because of multi hitting high/low strings and THE zoning.

Then there are the following characters/patterns...
-Jade d2, jumping projectiles random shadow kicks
-Scorpions that constantly jump jump jump just to get you do sth in order to amp. teleport
-Kung Laos that jump jump jump jump jump jump thus you not hit confirming anything.
-Erron Blacks drop kick/slide 50/50s , b222 and acid into grab
-Kanos that jump jump jump kano ball etc...