What's new

Which Character(s) Do You Hate Playing Vs The Most?

Which Character(s) Do You Hate Playing Vs The Most?

• Baraka

• Cassie

• Cetrion

• Dvorah

• Erron Black

• Frost

• Geras

• Jacqui

• Jade

• Jax

• Johnny Cage

• Kabal

• Kano

• Kitana

• Kollector

• Kotal Kahn

• Kung Lao

• Liu Kang

• Nightwolf

• Noob Saibot

• Raiden

• Scorpion

• Shang Tsung

• Shao Kahn

• Skarlet

• Sonya

• Sub Zero

Results are only viewable after voting.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm curious as to who you all struggle the most against in this game. Doesn't need to be matchup wise or anything just who you see selected on the character screen that makes you go "oh shit" even if a lesser skilled player selects them. And why you struggle vs them.

For me, personally, it's Jacqui, Kano, and Kabal.

Jacqui: It's the damn cancels and/or staggers man. I seriously need to lab this with someone or something. Feels like something I can't learn while playing matches cause I always just get kicked in the gut. D:

Kano: Idk why, but it's like every Kano is a maniac who just snorted some crack right before their match cause these people do the craziest shit and I GET HIT BY ALL OF IT. lmao

Kabal: Another character I probably need to actually lab vs instead of just real time experience because this jerk right here is safe on damn near everything and can jump around all he wants. Really gets in my head.

What about you guys?? You can select up to 3 choices in the poll. I'm very interested in the results.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Jacqui: It's the damn cancels and/or staggers man. I seriously need to lab this with someone or something. Feels like something I can't learn while playing matches cause I always just get kicked in the gut. D:
I don‘t know what to lab about it, you only get out of her pressure by a read, a tech throw or if she doesn‘t go for another f4 after her cancel. That‘s why I hate her as well.

Also when someone picks Sonya, lui or geras my eyes make a 180 degree turn

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore at this point. I got such large buffs to my antizoning that a lot of the big problems I had aren't so bad. It used to be Kabal, Jade, Scorpion, and Kano. All for pretty much tbe same reason. I'd get zoned out then have to deal with better buttons when I got in. Well now I can regulate air projectiles like no other. Kano's the exception in that I never felt I his buttons were better, but something about the character makes you play crazy and he's designed around d1 50/50's which I hate.

E

Eldriken

I don‘t know what to lab about it, you only get out of her pressure by a read, a tech throw or if she doesn‘t go for another f4 after her cancel. That‘s why I hate her as well.

Also when someone picks Sonya, lui or geras my eyes make a 180 degree turn
BRO. IT'S LIU. HALF TEMPTED TO EDIT SO I DON'T DIE. >=O

On topic: I hate fighting Erron, Liu, and Cetrion. I'd list more, but I can only pick 3. =P

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore at this point. I got such large buffs to my antizoning that a lot of the big problems I had aren't so bad. It used to be Kabal, Jade, Scorpion, and Kano. All for pretty much tbe same reason. I'd get zoned out then have to deal with better buttons when I got in. Well now I can regulate air projectiles like no other. Kano's the exception in that I never felt I his buttons were better, but something about the character makes you play crazy and he's designed around d1 50/50's which I hate.
Who's anti zoning got buffed?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I have changed my attitude, I love that people don’t like fighting Liu. I’m so happy I chose to put so much time into this character, the patch NERFED his best variation and NOW he’s the most complained about. I’ll take it.

I hate fighting Sub Zero the most. Low key the Most brainless character.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I have changed my attitude, I love that people don’t like fighting Liu. I’m so happy I chose to put so much time into this character, the patch NERFED his best variation and NOW he’s the most complained about. I’ll take it.

I like fighting liu cause of playing vs you. lol

I know his options (and how/when to get out of his pressure, unlike jacqui) and where they like to stagger. I also know that a lot of liu kang's like to throw 1-3 fireballs and then flying kick and that's a free punish waiting to happen.

Granted, I still lose a lot, but I don't feel overwhelmed vs him or that I have to keep him out at all costs like I do with Jacqui.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Definitely Kabal and Lao for me. I’m totally free to throws, so both of these characters can tic throw me to death. And if Kabal gets access to his FB, I will get hit by it. Even if I’m full-screen, just blocking and waiting, somehow the second I let go of block to take a step forward or even by accident, that fucker will yolo FB me to death. I’ve just had to accept that going into a match against Kabal means starting with 320 less health than normal.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Who's anti zoning got buffed?
I'm a day 1 D'vorah main, and Arachnophobia being good is just making huge difference.

Up until last night, I had literally never won a ranked set against a Jade because she zoned me out the whole time, and when I got in her buttons had the same range, and Buzzed doesn't actually out damage Jade. Now though, I can punish air glaives and glow on reaction from anywhere, while doing way more damage than her. The difference is night and day.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm a day 1 D'vorah main, and Arachnophobia being good is just making huge difference.

Up until last night, I had literally never won a ranked set against a Jade because she zoned me out the whole time, and when I got in her buttons had the same range, and Buzzed doesn't actually out damage Jade. Now though, I can punish air glaives and glow on reaction from anywhere, while doing way more damage than her. The difference is night and day.
Did she not have the skydrop thing before the patch? Like its a new move?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

I hated him even before the patch, nothing has changed since then

Agilaz

It has begun
Geras because of his ridiculous d1 and his mouthbreather levels of damage. I played a long set last night against one with Spellmaster Shang and it felt like everything was getting stuffed by d1. F4, F3, his d1 outranged my d4...ugh. Seriously, if I ever get into a car crash and come out a vegetable, I'm picking up Geras.

Option two would be Jax. Every Jax I play against plays like frame data is a myth. Also, fuck neutral Fatal Blow.

Option three would be Liu. I dont think he's that terrible to play against, I just have an aneurysm everytime I get stuck in F4/throw loops.