What's new

Which character counters zoners easily?

I hate playing against Fate and Supes.. I main Bane currently...

Is Supergirl my best bet with her teleport??

I would say she's the best anti zoner, but more because her laser is fast and knocks down. Her tele can be useful too mainly because you're opponent has to respect it at all times.

I currently main Red Hood and think he's really good for counter zoning.

The low mine combined with gotham stars, trait shot, and up gotham stars all do really well at pestering zoners while giving you the opportunity to move in.

I'd give him a shot.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I don't think this is hard to gauge. Ask yourself what zoning or character are you trying to get around? Then is there a character than can get around or attack the enemy attack while avoiding it? Keep in mind that this char may also be a "zoner."

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Red Hood is an excellent counter zoner, he should definitely be on you radar if you have trouble with zoners. For instance, I believe Deadshot - Red Hood is a 5-5 and is also really fun with the options you have.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
black adam's divekick is #1

brainiac has tools to get in on most zoning but might struggle with deadshot and cyborgs

black canarys trait is an excellent counter zoning tool and she has good mobility in general

flash has speed dodge, rms F3, and a great MB roll

green arrow's ice arrow is xcellent too altho he's treading into the territory of a zoner himself

just some characters with options

Temptress

Edenian Empress
No, BC's trait is not an "excellent counter-zoning tool", because all it achieves is unsuccessfully trading with the opponent's projectile, resulting in you being unable to follow up whatsoever and then waiting another 15 or so seconds to have access to your trait again only for the same thing to happen. Her handspring only has a tiny window of invincibility and is blown up easily.

She struggles the most against zoners, she is not a "counter-zoner". Play the character and maybe you'll see that.

Supergirl with her teleport and eye lasers is a good character with counter-zoning ability.

I have had some luck with Green Arrow, his low arrows help keep zone spamming in check.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've had some luck with subby his ex iceball helps on trades lol I just wish his gear teleport was a normal move because man if it was he'd easily be one of the best counter zoners.