What's new

Which character best destroys Sub Zero?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Takeda, Dvorah, Kung Jin, Stunt Double Johnny, Mileena, Ferra/torr, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Buzzsaw Lao, Full Auto Jacqui, Hqt Predator, Alien are the first that come to mind.
I don't really see Stunt double, Jacqui, and Buzzsaw really beating sub too badly. You're a more experienced player, so is there something im missing about these variations?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I don't really see Stunt double, Jacqui, and Buzzsaw really beating sub too badly. You're a more experienced player, so is there something im missing about these variations?
Jacqui: You just cannot approach a good full auto player. Slide is only viable at certain ranges to get underneath gunshots and isnt easily done on reaction. She punishes every string into clone with gunshots (except f4 ice clone and some ex ice clone cancels). Not to mention the female hitbox. 6-4 at least imo.

Stunt double: You cannot clone, ever. Whenever you put a clone on the screen (either naked or after a string) that means doubles activation and shadow kick through the clone, granting pressure or even punishing in some situations. A good SD player will always have doubles in this MU and find ways to get them if he doesn't.

Buzzsaw Lao: Forward advancing armor move that destroys every string into clone on reaction and the ability to bully Sub Zero with hat tosses in neutral. Good Laos will bait jumps and make you work really hard to even touch him. Unless you land a hit, he's in your face because you cannot use clone. The best way to play this mu is to push Lao to the corner foot by foot and never give him a chance to punish you. Not easy.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Jacqui: You just cannot approach a good full auto player. Slide is only viable at certain ranges to get underneath gunshots and isnt easily done on reaction. She punishes every string into clone with gunshots (except f4 ice clone and some ex ice clone cancels). Not to mention the female hitbox. 6-4 at least imo.

Stunt double: You cannot clone, ever. Whenever you put a clone on the screen (either naked or after a string) that means doubles activation and shadow kick through the clone, granting pressure or even punishing in some situations. A good SD player will always have doubles in this MU and find ways to get them if he doesn't.

Buzzsaw Lao: Forward advancing armor move that destroys every string into clone on reaction and the ability to bully Sub Zero with hat tosses in neutral. Good Laos will bait jumps and make you work really hard to even touch him. Unless you land a hit, he's in your face because you cannot use clone. The best way to play this mu is to push Lao to the corner foot by foot and never give him a chance to punish you. Not easy.
Alright I guess I may need to revisit the full auto matchup.