What's new

Which are the greatest Mortal Kombat of all time?

Which is the GOAT MK game? (5 picks)

• MK1

• MK2

• MK3

• UMK3/Trilogy

• MK4

• Deadly Alliance

• Deception

• Armaggedon

• MK9

• MKX

• Mk vs DC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You get to vote for 5 different MK games, if you think a certain game doesn't holds to the GOAT criteria don't vote for it

There has been orders and lists which puts UMk3 and MK2 above all else, but i kinda want to see how the community itself views itself on this.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I voted MKX as well, but I can see it from a number of different viewpoints. Games can be great for different reasons. I think MKX is the best in terms of being a well crafted product, with the best combination of solid gameplay, presentation, story, and competative play.

MK9 is the GOAT, Amazing classic cast, graphics were very appealing, character design/balance wasn't too bad imo, story mode was awesome(aside from Sindel killing everyone) and after all those shitty 3d games it was a godsend, MKX is also great but MK9 takes the top spot.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hmm, I think this comes down to both whether it’s a good Mortal Kombat game and/or a good fighting game. Strictly speaking, something like Deception is probably a better MK game than MKX in terms of fan service, but it’s infinitely more janky to actually play than MKX.

Games like MK4 and MKvsDC aren’t good at either of those things lol.

My 5 in no particular order (all pros and cons considered) is probably MK2,UMK3,MKDA, MK9,MKX.

I voted MKX. I think MK9 is amazing, but is too overrated by the community. It was unbalanced, and most character designs weren’t very good (apart from the Stryker remodel). Also online was shit.
It depends who you ask and in what context. There are definitely some MK9 die hards who were never satisfied with it’s balance. If we’re talking in terms of how many characters are viable compared to MKX, then MK9 loses hands down. Conversely, depending on to what extent MK11 utilises variations, I’m also a bit concerned it might be less balanced than MKX.

But yeah, a lot of new players will always have sentimental attachment to their first ‘breakout’ game, as also seen in other communities/games. It just so happens to be MK9 in this case.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kinda saddens me looking at the amount of people sleeping on deception
That game had me awake for hours, the single player content its out of this world, to think that i had to play conquest 3 times, two of them to help friends.

And when we were tired of Kombat, we could play Chess Kombat or the most fun feature in the game, Puzzle Kombat.

I really wish future MK games had at least the same amount or at least 50% of engaging content MK Deception had, it wasn't all about fighting and you could explore the game in with a major diversity compared to today games.

portent

Noob
@Eddy Wang After seeing many of the differences between UMK3/PS1 MKT and the n64 MKT, n64 MKT deserves it's own voting slot. UMK3/PSMKT are similar, and n64 is so different but built on similar mechanics.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK9 , until MK 11 come out in April 23, so, that will be the best MK game ever, we hope ! rsrsrs :D :p

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
UMK3 ,deception, mk9, mkx
Also where is shaolin monks? I mean fuck mythologies and special forces but SM was godlike.
My 5th vote is for SM

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
UMK3 ,deception, mk9, mkx
Also where is shaolin monks? I mean fuck mythologies and special forces but SM was godlike.
My 5th vote is for SM
we're comparing Traditional fighting only not franchise spin offs

@Eddy Wang After seeing many of the differences between UMK3/PS1 MKT and the n64 MKT, n64 MKT deserves it's own voting slot. UMK3/PSMKT are similar, and n64 is so different but built on similar mechanics.
No need really, i would put MK3 feels more like a demo, so i put it as its own game.

UMK3 and Trilogy don't need 3 different slots to vote for each, when i mean Trilogy i also mean UMK3 with the main difference of Trilogy having a bigger cast but its still essentially the same game, so there is no need to separate Trilogy from UMK3 just as there is no need to separate PC trilogy from PSX trilogy to N64 Trilogy, all those games are all counted as one.

1 - mk gold isn't on the list
2 - i vote mk trilogy cause have all the fun and characters from mk1 to umk3 reunited in 1 game.
Forgot to put Mk4/Gold, sorry.

portent

Noob
No need really, i would put MK3 feels more like a demo, so i put it as its own game.

UMK3 and Trilogy don't need 3 different slots to vote for each, when i mean Trilogy i also mean UMK3 with the main difference of Trilogy having a bigger cast but its still essentially the same game, so there is no need to separate Trilogy from UMK3 just as there is no need to separate PC trilogy from PSX trilogy to N64 Trilogy, all those games are all counted as one.
PC and PSX versions of MKT are nearly identical, and they are essentially evolutions of UMK3.

The N64 version is an entirely different animal.

You should watch the video @REO made about the differences.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
My choices are very Jade-centric.
MK2, first game Jade was in, though as a secret character.
UMK3, the first game Jade was playable in.
MKD, Jade's 3D era playable debut, but also the better 3D era game, imo.
MK9, my current favourite of the mainline series and my favourite version of Jade.

And my fifth choice was MKX. Though no Jade is playable (fuck you Mournful Kitana), I've enjoyed playing this game so much.

Depending on a few things, MK11 might take the place as my favourite.

... And by a few things, I mean Jade.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Went with Trilogy, 9, and Deception. Deception is my favorite. Konquest was so fun, music was amazing, had some of my favorite designs for the cast, and cant forget puzzle. I remember playing with my sister, she didn't like fighting all that much but we would put hours in to puzzle. It seriously doesnt deserve the amount of hate people give it. If it was 2D then Im sure it would be giving it a lot more praise :DOGE

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
MK2 was my childhood, UMK was the most fun to play and MK9 brought me to the community. These are my tops. Can make a case about any one of them, but can'f choose one.