What's new

Which 5 other characters would you like to see as DLC?

NoCharge

Noob
Human Smoke for sure, plus a flowing smoky hair MK9 skin (I'm a fan), Reiko, Takeda (second best mk-child after Cassie), Nitara and King Kong (we need some animals in this place lol).

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I know Tanya is not coming back, so...

Based on recent datamines assuming Mileena and Rain are coming, my choices are:

1. Reiko
  2. Havik
  3. Hotaru (or Daegon)
  4. Shinnok
  5. Sektor

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I love how everyone want the cyborgs, Smoke and Sareena. It warms my heart.

Art Lean

Noob
And sareena is one of the better 3D era characters.
Thing is though, I wouldn't call her a "3D era character", she's got more historic on-going legacy to her than that and that's why she appeals to me (and presumably others) a lot.

She was a boss in the last digitised 2D game in the franchise, MK Mythologies, set before MK1 and developed a caring relationship with Bi-Han during which he learned his soul was tainted with evil from which he was later developed into Noob Saibot.

She was one of the last characters created by John Tobias.

She was an underling for Quan Chi, who himself first appeared in the MK3 cartoon Defenders of the Realm, before later appearing in Mythologies and MK4.

She was played by Lisa Montenegro in full live-action FMV (who had also played Sindel in MK3 and Tanya in MK4).

Quan Chi's assassins were the first people outside of Noob Saibot we ever encountered from the Brotherhood of Shadow.

Effectively, she appeared regularly in all but name in Mortal Kombat Conquest (as for some reason Sareena, Jataaka and Kia were turned into Siann, Mika, and Sora).

She has been scrapped from the roster on MK4 and MK Deadly Alliance, appeared in the Konquest/story modes of MK Deception, Armageddon and MKX, and only ever being playable in a GBA game and Armageddon.

To sum up, she's been pushed in live-action forms effectively twice, was in the last ever digitised 2D MK game, was a minion for a boss who first appeared in MK3 media, was a defining part of the back-story for MK1, her story forges the path of both Sub Zeros, was played by a regular Mortal Kombat actress from the 90s era, scrapped multiple times, one of the last characters created during the classic 90s Tobias period, been in three story modes, was only ever playable in a Gameboy game and a half-assed compilation... needless to say, my girl's got some history to her as part of 'classic' Mortal Kombat and just feel she keeps getting shafted time and time again (not in the good way). She needs some love and to be finally given the respect and care that went into putting someone as lifeless as Cetrion into a game.

And as Johnny would say... "Nice dress." ;)

Sareena should have been a staple now, she indeed has something special.

I loved mk mythologies back then, and Quan chi's assasins fitted perfectly in the world. Say what you want about this game, but it has top aesthetics and atmosphere.

Gaxkang

Banned
  1. It's time to bring back Nitara. There's no excuse!
  2. Havik.
  3. Reiko
  4. Ermac
5......so ya want a female guest character? Ok so out of left field you will get Sheena from the old 2000 Sheena show, incorporating animal shape shifting and her "dark form". AND Nightwolf will have the hots for her. There!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. It's time to bring back Nitara. There's no excuse!
  2. Havik.
  3. Reiko
  4. Ermac
5......so ya want a female guest character? Ok so out of left field you will get Sheena from the old 2000 Sheena show, incorporating animal shape shifting and her "dark form". AND Nightwolf will have the hots for her. There!

I advocate for a female Nightwolf in MK12 .... that would be awesome indeed, ha ! ;)

Hell, even his ladder end teases that, so , do it , NRS !! :)

Murilima

I criticize because I love!
1 - Cyrax.:) O really like this character, and his story and chapter in MK 9 whore just awesome! I don't know why Neatherrealm keeps ignoring the robot ninjas but they should stop. And Triborg sucks. Full Characters Please!

2 - Reptile.:D The green ninja is a klassic, having him as only a crypt easter egg really sucks. And now with the aftermath showing us the villains side, I would love to play an entire chapter with him, I don't want him to be only a henchman to be bitten by good guys several times during the story, like they did with Baraka, Kollector, and any of those new characters which came and go each game.

3 - Havik.:cool: He's just badass and like everyone in 3D, underrated. I just like the chaos cleric and really think they could be a good villain bring another realms plots to the story.

4 - Kai.:p another underrated character with a nice unexplored story and cool design(in MK Armageddon). I just like the idea of a different kind of Shaolin then Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

5 - Shujinko.;) I just love this character, and just hated why they did with him in MK X Cassie's ending. He could make his return as an Outworld hero, someone who travels across the realms a learns several technics, this way he can bring skills of characters from the 3D era in his move set. Would be I nice tribute to these characters.

No guests, the game already has more than enough.:coffee:

Murilima

I criticize because I love!
I used to not mind guests that much, but the selection in MK has been trash and again, no women. Boring.
One or two guests is enough and creates an expectation for what is next, but four is just too much. And I really believe they gonna put one more in the next pack. And been very honest, Freddy, Jason, Predator, they already picked all the good ones, now on is just fan favorites tv shows and action movie characters. I mean, I also like Xena, but I don't really think she is that violent to fit the MK roster. But Beatrix Kiddo would be awesome with an exploding heart fatality.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
One or two guests is enough and creates an expectation for what is next, but four is just too much. And I really believe they gonna put one more in the next pack. And been very honest, Freddy, Jason, Predator, they already picked all the good ones, now on is just fan favorites tv shows and action movie characters. I mean, I also like Xena, but I don't really think she is that violent to fit the MK roster. But Beatrix Kiddo would be awesome with an exploding heart fatality.
Omg Breatrix would be PERFECT. I'm lowkey mad they chose all those male action heroes instead of really interesting characters. We could have had Blade, Beatrix, Buffy, way more interesting IMO.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good question ! but NRS still has room for a lot of guests in the following years to come for new MK games to be released in future .....

Xena, Buffy, Beatrix Kiddo, Pinhead, Blade, Elen Ripley, Michael Myers and Ash Williams (if they end up being not in MK11 after all), Candyman, Pennywise, Snake Plissken, Bloodrayne, etc

and from DC universe, Harley Queen, Cheetah , Deathstroke, etc

or whatever the fans want and demand for , after all, from time to time, Ed Boon just does that classic character choice poll in his Twitter, to check out what crazy stuff fans need in the next future MK games, hehe

NRS , Ed and WB can only be limited by their imagination, so, the sky is the limit !

Last edited:

SenSx

Noob
Now that Rain and Mileena are more likely.

• Human Smoke
  • Stryker
  • IT / Pennywise (But we alwready got Joker, so he would probably fit MK12 better) so maybe Shujinko instead (I like old fighters).
  • Hotaru
  • Havik
And yes Reptile is still my favorite character.
But I like roster rotation, and this time I might have my Rain (second favorite).
I wish Mileena fans felt this way and that she would only come back in MK12.

Last edited: