What's new

Which 3D MK you recommend?

7h30n

Noob
Ok, since I started to play MK4 (as my return to MK series) on a PC, I started to ask people about playing anything like that, so I got a group of 3 people who already played MK (mostly 2D ones) to meet one day and have something like a private tournament.

Two people have PS2, so we were thinking about trying newer MKs.
So which one do you recommend because we plan on getting just one?
(Games are quite expensive in my country)

7h30n

Noob
Could you tell the pros and cons of the title you suggest over the other MKs (in the Versus mode, because we plan to use it only for PvP battles) ?

RoGE

Noob
Could you tell the pros and cons of the title you suggest over the other MKs (in the Versus mode, because we plan to use it only for PvP battles) ?
Depends on how you are going to play it.

High-Level play, MKDA would be the best

Casual play, MKD would be good, but you will have to unlock all the characters

Since your new to 3D MKs, you might as well play MKD or MKA since they seem more aimed to casual players.

Azuro

Noob
MKDA and MKSM are playable to a competitive extent.

MKD and MKA are only if you're a casual player. They're both messy and broken games.

7h30n

Noob
Hmm, well I think we will get MKA since they are more casual types and I try to get to competitive level. Though I dislike MKAs fatalities

RoGE

Noob
Hmm, well I think we will get MKA since they are more casual types and I try to get to competitive level. Though I dislike MKAs fatalities
Well, in that case, I recommend MKD instead, its a more complete casual game then MKA ever was and it feels more like a MK game.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
MKA definitely takes more skill than MKDA or MKD. The Air and Parry Cancels are very difficult to master and use effectively. Online, the game is completely different and broken. But that's what makes it fun.

MKDA is more fluid and probably your best bet for High Level play.

If you just want to have fun then play MKD or MKA like everyone says.

MKSM is great too, try Co-op!

RoGE

Noob
MKA definitely takes more skill than MKDA or MKD. The Air and Parry Cancels are very difficult to master and use effectively. Online, the game is completely different and broken. But that's what makes it fun.

^Truth

oBryant

Noob

MKA sucks.. everyone has mostly the same combos.. its stupid..

MKA sucks.. everyone has mostly the same combos.. its stupid..
Its the same for almost every MK game. umk3 = Same basic juggles, unless you play someone who has like super combos. (Me ;])

As long they're are easy juggles that are easy and does damage, people will use them.

7h30n

Noob
Yeah, I play MKT though I have trouble making certain moves on keyboard (and I still haven't found a way to play it online).
Thanks a lot to other people, a friend has MKD so we play that on PS2, or MKT/MK4 on PC depending on our mood