What's new

Where Robin is weakest?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I've been enjoying Robin lately and want to learn more about him. I might even try to register in INJ at NEC this year... I don't know yet.

Regardless, this general question of Robin's weak points goes out to all other Robin players.

It was believed to be zoning but it seems Hayatei made a different case. I'm not a robin player but I want to see how people respond to his ability to counter zone. He has a great mb roll which is important.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't play Robin but from what I can tell, he's pretty weak against a lot of characters fullscreen. His batarangs can be stuffed pretty easily if the player knows what they are doing.

gam224

The world's least hype player
I would say actually opening up a strong defensive opponent once you're in.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Seems like getting in vs characters that can make him work to do it and then once in, making his relatively slow, not very mix-up oriented offense work vs characters that can either play his game, or interrupt his game.

Basically I think he's a weird hybrid of defensive and rushdown (despite his frames not being great on paper for rush), where he wants to use his super fast walk startup to shimmy, buying him offense, or buying him a punish opportunity, and then when he gets going, use that same speed and range to kind of.. cheat? his frame data and apply some mean pressure. So his weakness is any character that can compete, or stop him doing this.

Hankiro

Noob
He's weak to frame data

He's weak to good zoning.
This, he's weakest to frame data. Playing against someone who knows what he is and isn't guaranteed is night and day, and he can be easily overwhelmed. The average player is probably holding a lot more block pressure than they should because almost all of it is gimmicks. Any character with a 6 frame d1 can make life very hard for Robin with the knowledge to do so.

Hankiro

Noob
This, he's weakest to frame data. Playing against someone who knows what he is and isn't guaranteed is night and day, and he can be easily overwhelmed. The average player is probably holding a lot more block pressure than they should because almost all of it is gimmicks. Any character with a 6 frame d1 can make life very hard for Robin with the knowledge to do so.
Zoning is pretty shit too. He's good against Deadshot's but not Starfire/Supes