What's new

Where I've been

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
Hey all,

Between work, life and my interests in some other games I have basically been non-existent... however, I still pay the bills to keep TYM going. I have thought about handing TYM over to someone else, etc.

I'd like to get some of your thoughts on TYM and what direction it should go, etc.

Thanks everyone and I hope you're all doing well.

xenogorgeous

Mileena is the best, Mileena 4ever !
Premium Supporter
just for curiosity : it's too much expensive to keep this site working at daily basis ? maybe a funding campaign is needed ? or you want to pass the site ownership and management to someone else, for having no time anymore to spend on the site or no more desire to own TYM ? :cool:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I sent a PM, but figured I'd post here as well. I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm still on TYM every day. If you're thinking about handing off ownership of TYM, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

I know I can be a snarky bitch on occassion, though I'd say I get along with the majority of the TYM community (and would certainly rein in the snarkiness if I did take on an admin role).

I work from home, so I'm available pretty much 24/7, and I almost always have TYM open in my 2nd monitor.

I'm a mature 37 year old player who owns my own entertainment company (https://woodystrivia.com and https://woodysbingo.com), so I know my way around budgeting, marketing, time management, etc. I also have experience with web development and have several skilled software developers on hand to help me with any given task.

I don't always love NRS but TYM has been my home and community for 9 years and it would be a pleasure and an honor to take over the management of the site.

[Edit] As far as the direction I'd like to see TYM go:
  • I'd like to see more community events, and luckily I've got the free time, resources, and know-how to put some stuff into action. I'm thinking TYM online weekly or monthly tournaments and maybe other kinds of events. This would most likely include new TYM flair for winners, volunteers, and other awesome members.
  • I'd like to see more organization in the character forums. I think TYM needs some sort of standard guide format that can be added to every character's forum, with a designated character moderator to keep it up to date. I would fill in for absentee mods.
  • I'd like to see a more organized and conspicuous section for tournament news and results, and other general gaming news.
  • Better matchmaking services. Whether it's just matchmaking threads that are permanently stickied to the front page or a new addon developed for Xenforo, there needs to be a better way to find TYM players to fight than posting "Games on PC, anyone" over and over...

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

Mileena is the best, Mileena 4ever !
Premium Supporter
I sent a PM, but figured I'd post here as well. I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm still on TYM every day. If you're thinking about handing off ownership of TYM, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

I know I can be a snarky bitch on occassion, though I'd say I get along with the majority of the TYM community (and would certainly rein in the snarkiness if I did take on an admin role).

I work from home, so I'm available pretty much 24/7, and I almost always have TYM open in my 2nd monitor.

I'm a mature 37 year old player who owns my own entertainment company (https://woodystrivia.com and https://woodysbingo.com), so I know my way around budgeting, marketing, time management, etc. I also have experience with web development and have several skilled software developers on hand to help me with any given task.

I don't always love NRS but TYM has been my home and community for 9 years and it would be a pleasure and an honor to take over the management of the site.
impressive CV .... you are a great candidate for the vacancy, has my vote, hehe ! :D

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Hey all,

Between work, life and my interests in some other games I have basically been non-existent... however, I still pay the bills to keep TYM going. I have thought about handing TYM over to someone else, etc.

I'd like to get some of your thoughts on TYM and what direction it should go, etc.

Thanks everyone and I hope you're all doing well.
As far as the direction of the site goes, I would like to see TYM go back to being a Mortal Kombat site, as opposed to a NRS site. That doesn't mean it shouldn't cover Injustice, and potentially other games made by NRS, but for me something of the essence of the site was lost when it decided to be about all things NRS, as opposed to being focused specifically on Mortal Kombat.

In practical terms that means as soon as a visitor lands on the site, it should be immediately obvious it's an MK site. That means a new site banner with the MK logo featured prominently on it, as well as appropriate text to go with it.

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
just for curiosity : it's too much expensive to keep this site working at daily basis ? maybe a funding campaign is needed ? or you want to pass the site ownership and management to someone else, for having no time anymore to spend on the site or no more desire to own TYM ? :cool:
TYM currently costs about $110 monthly, which is not bad. However, when there is little activity, therefore little support through Ads it can become difficult.

TYM is sustained through it's ads. If anyone was willing to donate to the site to keep it rolling, I'd greatly appreciate. You can do that by PayPal via [email protected] (FYI that's STORMS backwards, followed by "MK")

I love @RoboCop as a candidate to take over TYM or even co-own. We're currently working out some details as it's very difficult for me to completely let go, even though, I kind of have already... well, not true actually.. because if I would have completely let go TYM would not be online right now.

Slymind

Noob
TYM currently costs about $110 monthly, which is not bad. However, when there is little activity, therefore little support through Ads it can become difficult.

TYM is sustained through it's ads. If anyone was willing to donate to the site to keep it rolling, I'd greatly appreciate. You can do that by PayPal via [email protected] (FYI that's STORMS backwards, followed by "MK")

I love @RoboCop as a candidate to take over TYM or even co-own. We're currently working out some details as it's very difficult for me to completely let go, even though, I kind of have already... well, not true actually.. because if I would have completely let go TYM would not be online right now.
Just a small feedback from a long time user, I feel that TYM is not as on point on tournament updates as it was in the past, now we have so many weeklies and community tournaments and we barely see them being front paged here(aside from the live streams sections). Also the characters portraits to character forums haven't been updated since Spawn was released.

Maybe you guy could promote some members to take over these tasks, making the forum more dynamic, just a thought. Good luck on your decision.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just a small feedback from a long time user, I feel that TYM is not as on point on tournament updates as it was in the past, now we have so many weeklies and community tournaments and we barely see them being front paged here(aside from the live streams sections). Also the characters portraits to character forums haven't been updated since Spawn was released.

Maybe you guy could promote some members to take over these tasks, making the forum more dynamic, just a thought. Good luck on your decision.
Fully on board with this. Just keeping everything up to date (from tournament results to character icons) is a monumental task when you're just not feeling the site anymore. If I do end up taking over, my number 1 priority will be getting the site updated and kept updated.

Slymind

Noob
Fully on board with this. Just keeping everything up to date (from tournament results to character icons) is a monumental task when you're just not feeling the site anymore. If I do end up taking over, my number 1 priority will be getting the site updated and kept updated.
Glad to hear, i hope you guys get in a agreement that will be best for the site as we move foward.

@RoboCop speaking of tournament stuff dreameater tournament is from my knowledge the only tournament that features the Xbox side. Its in its 7th series and the pools are tonight. People like to shit on xbox but there are some serious killers in it. Its every Tuesday I can copy the link for registration and twitch stream but I wasnt sure if I should just start a new thread.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@RoboCop speaking of tournament stuff dreameater tournament is from my knowledge the only tournament that features the Xbox side. Its in its 7th series and the pools are tonight. People like to shit on xbox but there are some serious killers in it. Its every Tuesday I can copy the link for registration and twitch stream but I wasnt sure if I should just start a new thread.
Thanks for the heads up!